Zone1 A lot of people here suffer from CDS: Catholic Derangement Syndrome

I think something has been lost in translation of that.
When many of his disciples walked away saying that teaching was too hard, he didn't stop them; nor did he explain it any differently to the Apostles when he was with the smaller group (as he often later explained his parables).

yes, the 21st [century] is awesome, isn't it? …

It's the Era of Child Hatred

People in the old days loved children. Bring back the old days!
Did you mean to say … “Pedophile priests in the old days loved children” ?

But seriously, there are many who rationally and in the spirit of enlightenment dislike the RC Church and all mumbo-jumbo authoritarian organized religion. It’s not just Protestants, not by a long shot.

And yet, and yet in some ways — leaving out issues like a women’s right to choose — the present Pope and Catholic clergy on some social and economic issues is sometimes more “progressive” than our typical American Protestant evangelical church leaders!

This country having been “founded” mostly by Protestants and refugees from Old World religious nonsense, basing itself on freedom of religion and conscience, influenced by the Enlightenment and even Deism, there were deep roots to anti-Catholic prejudice and to non-English Old World Empires supporting Catholicism. Besides historical prejudices and dumb religious conflicts, there is also the fact that in the 21st Century a top-down religion in the view of general nonbelievers and growing scientific understanding just seems increasingly silly.

Today most educated people appreciate organized religion as myth or tradition, or see religions as stages in the historical development of humanity. I see Christianity as having been an important part of world culture, eminently worthy of study, but certainly not something deserving of “faith.”

So criticism need hardly be personal, or mean-spirited. Often non-believers find the RC Church and its believers, (like the Eastern Orthodox Churches) as rather childish, dated & amusing. I find the theological disputations of the Roman Catholic Church’s warring factions rather entertaining, but of course most ordinary Catholics pay no attention to all that stuff.

I sure don’t consider myself as suffering from any “CDS” though. I just think as an institution your Church is a relic. Of course that doesn’t mean atheists or Buddhists are necessarily any better or personally more moral people!

Modern ideologies with the power of great states or party bureaucracies and all that modern technology at their fingertips have proven they can also act in every way just as inhuman and cause even more mayhem in the modern world than religion did in the Old. Imagine if during the period of religious Crusades and Inquisitions the Churches and religions of those times had ballistic missiles at their disposal!

Last edited:
Did you mean to say … “Pedophile priests in the old days loved children” ?

But seriously, there are many who rationally and in the spirit of enlightenment dislike the RC Church and all mumbo-jumbo authoritarian organized religion. It’s not just Protestants, not by a long shot.

And yet, and yet in some ways — leaving out issues like a women’s right to choose — the present Pope and Catholic clergy on some social and economic issues is occasionally more “progressive” than our typical American Protestant evangelical church leaders!

This country having been “founded” mostly by Protestants and refugees from Old World religious nonsense, basing itself on freedom of religion and conscience, influenced by the Enlightenment and even Deism, there were deep roots to anti-Catholic prejudice and to non-English Old World Empires supporting Catholicism. Besides historical prejudices and dumb religious conflicts, there is also the fact that in the 21st Century a top-down religion in the view of general nonbelievers and growing scientific understanding just seems increasingly silly. Today most educated people appreciate organized religion as myth, or see religions as stages in the historical development of humanity. I see Christianity as having been an important part of world culture, eminently worthy of study, but certainly not something deserving of “faith.”

So criticism need hardly be personal, or mean-spirited. Often non-believers find the RC Church and its believers, (like the Eastern Orthodox Churches) as rather childish, dated & amusing. I find the theological disputations of the Roman Catholic Church’s warring factions rather entertaining, but of course most ordinary Catholics pay no attention to all that stuff.

I sure don’t consider myself as suffering from any “CDS” though. I just think as an institution, your Church is a relic. Of course that doesn’t mean atheists or Buddhists are necessarily any better or more personally moral people.

Modern ideologies with the power of great states or party bureaucracies and technology at their fingertips have proven they can also act in every way just as inhuman and cause even more mayhem in the modern world.imagine if during the period of religious Crusades and Inquisitions the Churches and religions of those times had ballistic missiles at their disposal!

Nor is it just clergy, not by a long shot.

In fact, far more of the pervs are "teachers".

But you leftists don't like to talk about that.

Q: hadit - Can you show an analysis that shows definitively the bread and wine become human flesh and blood? Has anyone done a DNA analysis?

A: You may wish to Google Lanciano, Italy, Eucharistic miracle (about 750 A.D.)

Q: hadit - Can you show an analysis that shows definitively the bread and wine become human flesh and blood? Has anyone done a DNA analysis?

A: You may wish to Google Lanciano, Italy, Eucharistic miracle (about 750 A.D.)

So many Eucharistic miracles that have been so thoroughly investigated by secular scientists.

But Lanciano is pretty amazing!

Yep, true story.

There's something about Catholicism that drives some anti-Catholic Protestant zealots to... loony tunes.

I mean, one anti-Catholic poster here comes to mind, but will remain un-named, but really they all say about the same thing... over and over and over ad nauseum, in fact

It's always: You Catholics worship Mary, not Jesus! (Who knew??)
and stuff like: You follow the pope instead of Jesus! (Who knew??)
and: You make up stuff that can't be found ANYWHERE in Scripture.

Then when you show them that Scriptures actually DO exist that support Catholic beliefs, like Mt 18:23 re Purgatory and etc,

What do we get in response

crickets
Are you kidding--Catholicism=2Thess 2:3--They screwed it all up. The protestants did not fix much because they used Catholicism translating.

Proof Catholicism does not listen to Jesus because they do not know Jesus= Matthew 23:9--Do not call anyone your Father on earth( speaking of those taking the lead in ones religion, not to dads) for one is your Father, the heavenly one( God)

Yet in Catholicism they say we wont listen to you Jesus we will call the Priests Father and call the Pope holy Father against your will and mislead as many as we can. This is reality-God warned all--GET OUT OF HER.

Yep, true story.

There's something about Catholicism that drives some anti-Catholic Protestant zealots to... loony tunes.

I mean, one anti-Catholic poster here comes to mind, but will remain un-named, but really they all say about the same thing... over and over and over ad nauseum, in fact

It's always: You Catholics worship Mary, not Jesus! (Who knew??)
and stuff like: You follow the pope instead of Jesus! (Who knew??)
and: You make up stuff that can't be found ANYWHERE in Scripture.

Then when you show them that Scriptures actually DO exist that support Catholic beliefs, like Mt 18:23 re Purgatory and etc,

What do we get in response

crickets
mt 18:23 isnt purgatory. you refuse to look at the chart i provided from the rcc church catechism vs the bible.

thanks.

You are still Catholic, right?

Oh... that's right. You may not want to "come out of the closet" lol
If the Roman Catholic church gave the world the Bible, being infallible, then why did Rome reject or question the inspiration of James and Hebrews , then later accept it? Conversely, Rome accepted as scripture books that were later rejected. If the Catholic church really is illuminated by the Holy Spirit so that men can trust her as "God's organization", why was she so wrong about something so simple? Should not the "Holy See" have known?

says the one who has not spend time in the Real Presence

Geez... Sorry, but a lot of people here act SO stupid... intellectually DISHONEST

I myself would never say that some ... say, product or another, didn't work when I have not used it

So again, you are very likely here just to cause trouble
If the Roman Catholic church gave the world the Bible in 397 AD, then why did many different versions of canons continue to circulate long afterwards?

Geez... Sorry, but a lot of people here act SO stupid... intellectually DISHONEST

I myself would never say that some ... say, product or another, didn't work when I have not used it

If the Roman Catholic church gave us the Bible, why were the two synods of Hippo (393 AD) and Carthage, (397 AD) African councils, and not initiatives of Rome?

Since the two synods of Hippo (393 AD) and Carthage, (397 AD) were under the control of what would later become the "orthodox church", how can the Roman Catholic church claim they determined the Canon? Would not such a claim be more naturally due the Eastern Orthodox church?

thanks.

You are still Catholic, right?

Oh... that's right. You may not want to "come out of the closet" lol
If the Catholic church, "by her own inherent God given power and authority" gave the world the Bible, why did she not get it right the first time? Why did the Roman Catholic church wait until 1546 AD in the Council of Trent, to officially add the Apocrypha to the Canon?

Absolutely. I know tht happens. I know because His real, tangible Presence permeates the Church in which the Bread is kept. And things are quite different there in His Presence than

outside of the presence
Provide a single example of a doctrine that originates from an oral Apostolic Tradition that the Bible is silent about? Provide proof that this doctrinal tradition is apostolic in origin.

Provide a single example of where inspired apostolic "oral revelation" (tradition) differed from "written" (scripture)?

Absolutely. I know tht happens. I know because His real, tangible Presence permeates the Church in which the Bread is kept. And things are quite different there in His Presence than

outside of the presence
If the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches both believes that the scripture: "the church is the pillar and foundation of truth" means the church is protected from error then: a. Why do they teach doctrine so different that they are not even in communion with each other? b. How do you account for the vast number of documented theological errors made by the pope and the church in general?

One of the greatest arguments against the primacy of Peter is the fact that the apostles had an argument among themselves as to which of them should be the greatest. Notice the following:

"Now there arose a dispute among them, which of them was reputed to be the greatest. But he said to them, 'The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them, and they who exercise authority over them are called Benefactors. But not so with you. On the contrary, let him who is greatest among you become as the youngest, and him who is chief as the servant.'" (Luke 22:24-26).

The very fact that the apostles had an argument among themselves shows they did not understand that Peter was to be prince. Also, the occasion of the argument was the night of the betrayal--the last night of the Lord's earthly ministry--and yet the apostles still did not understand that Christ had given Peter a position of primacy. The Lord settled the argument, not by stating that He had already made Peter head, but by declaring that the Gentiles have their heads, "But not so with you." Thus, Jesus very plainly taught that no one would occupy any such place as a Benefactor (or Pope) to exercise authority over the others.

Forum List

Back