A little over 3 hrs til "Game Change" starts

found it

It's about Mccain and Palin.

Nice of them to take the time to kick people around some more. Shows real class.

Although I tivoed it, I wanted to watch it live.

It just finished.

It reminded me of how much class McCain showed during his campaign...amidst calls from all on his side to go negative...aka lie. That's about the only good thing I can say about Mr. McCain.

Oh yeah, only the obama can go negative on Republicans and PRIVATE citizens..
but damn if them evil Republicans do it to him...

Why would anybody watch that?

Because it aggravates rightists, for starters…

Hate--speech in the form of a movie.

That's what I want to see.

because, of course, not having read the book or having seen the film, you know exactly what it is....

*yawn*

Conservatives can simply use their imaginations, as with everything else.

Otherwise the truth and facts about Palin are already, by her own words and actions. The idea the film will somehow be ‘damaging’ to Palin is naïve and idiotic.

wow, what a sad existence some of you have.

Chris Mathews from MSNBC absolutely loved it.
That told me all I needed to know.
He got hold of a copy before it aired
and was raving about it.
This from a guy who has a man crush on Obama.
He gets a tingle in his lower region
whenever Obama gives a speech.

Thanks but I will sit this one out.

and was raving about it.

from what I've read you wouldn't be missing much..

It was good. They made her seem really sinister at times but she can be that way. As long as she doesn't have to know anything, I suppose she is good at drawing crowds. She has taken advantage of that too.

And that is why I probably would not have watched it. For the most part, I don't like films that do that to anyone... no, not even Barack Obama. If someone puts their hatred in a film like that, then I may as well be watching "Benji" as it will be more entertaining.

Immie

and was raving about it.

Here we have it folks...

An individual, making pronouncements, merely based on the review that someone he doesn't like has to say about it.

LoL!!!

CLASSIC!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

found it

It's about Mccain and Palin.

Nice of them to take the time to kick people around some more. Shows real class.

Although I tivoed it, I wanted to watch it live.

It just finished.

It reminded me of how much class McCain showed during his campaign...amidst calls from all on his side to go negative...aka lie. That's about the only good thing I can say about Mr. McCain.

Oh yeah, only the obama can go negative on Republicans and PRIVATE citizens..
but damn if them evil Republicans do it to him...
God knows, the republicans would never be negative toward Obama.

Is it drama or is it political propaganda? The timing is suspect. It's the ultimate in irony that John McCain's incredibly flawed "campaign finance reform" might have been used to legally promote political propaganda with an actor portraying him while ordinary Americans are prohibited from buying commercial air-time close to the election.

and was raving about it.

Here we have it folks...

An individual, making pronouncements, merely based on the review that someone he doesn't like has to say about it.

LoL!!!

CLASSIC!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah funny how we can do that eh?
not many people have pay movie channels added on their cable like Hbo..sorry to burst all your Palin bubbles..

Last edited:
Is it drama or is it political propaganda? The timing is suspect. It's the ultimate in irony that John McCain's incredibly flawed "campaign finance reform" might have been used to legally promote political propaganda with an actor portraying him while ordinary Americans are prohibited from buying commercial air-time close to the election.

The producers have donated big money to the Hussein campaign. :eusa_whistle:

It was good. They made her seem really sinister at times but she can be that way. As long as she doesn't have to know anything, I suppose she is good at drawing crowds. She has taken advantage of that too.

And that is why I probably would not have watched it. For the most part, I don't like films that do that to anyone... no, not even Barack Obama. If someone puts their hatred in a film like that, then I may as well be watching "Benji" as it will be more entertaining.

Immie

it was't anything that the people who worked with palin on that campaign didn't say or that those of us watching the campaign couldn't see. on the other hand, you had to respect the way sarah pulled herself back from the precipice of total personal failure. mccain came off as a decent man, which i always thought he was. i just think his empowering sarah was a terrible thing to do.

personally, i'd have found the movie more interesting if it covered the full book which was about the whole campaign instead of giving sarah that kind of attention. but it was very good for what it did.

Last edited:
Uhm, to the radical reactionary RWers of USMB, this movie was vetted by Republicans. The same Republicans that were a part of the campaign. As a matter of fact, the two main campaign leaders, Steve Schmidt and Nicole Wallace, both sanctioned it. Including many other Republican insiders.

HBO doesn't take their bio-movies and depictions lightly, they do their research.

According to all insiders, it's pretty near real-life events...the entire thing.

So cry all you want.

How stupid for someone who hasn't even seen it to bash it based on some perceived perception of persecution.

How sad an existence that must be.

*SMH*

I don't get HBO.

I watched one of the trailers on the home page linked in another thread. It did make her look a little high strung, but it looked as if it could be a decent program. My wife and daughter and I just finished watching "John Adams" which was produced for HBO by Play Tone. It was done very well. When this one comes to Netflix, I may watch it.

Immie

Some folks are able to look in the mirror, even if they're not particular happy with what they see. Obviously others aren't quite at that point yet.

Former John McCain campaign aides depicted in the movie, including Steve Schmidt, the campaign's chief strategist, vouched for its accuracy in interviews with The Times this week.
Schmidt and a chief Palin '08 aide, Nicolle Wallace, said they found it highly credible. Wallace said the film "captured the spirit and emotion of the campaign."
"This was a surreal experience for me," Schmidt said of the movie, in which he is played by actor Woody Harrelson. "Ten weeks of the campaign are condensed into a two-hour movie. But it tells the truth of the campaign. That is the story of what happened."

Since McCain's loss, the longtime Republican strategist has gradually been revealing more of his feelings about the lost election. The film vindicates the view he and many others around McCain had: the "high-risk, high-reward" choice of Palin, which Schmidt pushed for, had been a terrible mistake.

"My judgment was influenced by an ambition for victory, trying to figure out a way to win the race," Schmidt said from his Lake Tahoe home. "There is no question she helped to energize the campaign and to catapult John McCain into the lead. But the result was the nomination of someone who was fundamentally not qualified to be in the national command authority. That supersedes any short-term or long-term political advantage. Obviously, I have great regret over that."

Uhm, to the radical reactionary RWers of USMB, this movie was vetted by Republicans. The same Republicans that were a part of the campaign. As a matter of fact, the two main campaign leaders, Steve Schmidt and Nicole Wallace, both sanctioned it. Including many other Republican insiders.

HBO doesn't take their bio-movies and depictions lightly, they do their research.

According to all insiders, it's pretty near real-life events...the entire thing.

So cry all you want.

How stupid for someone who hasn't even seen it to bash it based on some perceived perception of persecution.

How sad an existence that must be.

*SMH*

I don't get HBO.

I watched one of the trailers on the home page linked in another thread. It did make her look a little high strung, but it looked as if it could be a decent program. My wife and daughter and I just finished watching "John Adams" which was produced for HBO by Play Tone. It was done very well. When this one comes to Netflix, I may watch it.

Immie
I believe I made a thread about John Adams as well...that was totally awesome.

Immie

it was't anything that the people who worked with palin on that campaign didn't say or that those of us watching the campaign couldn't see. on the other hand, you had to respect the way sarah pulled herself back from the precipice of total personal failure. mccain came off as a decent man, which i always thought he was. i just think his empowering sarah was a terrible thing to do.

personally, i'd have found the movie more interesting if it covered the full book which was about the whole campaign instead of giving sarah that kind of attention. but it was very good for what it did.

did they show the part where Elizabeth Edwards is arguing with John on the tarmac with a bunch of people around and rips open her blouse screaming at him that he is destroying her etc.? :eusa_eh:

Immie

As much as I talk badly about our politicians, I really don't like seeing a program where someone puts their biases into a film making a real life character out to be a moron. I'm thinking of the impressions I have of Michael Moore's works yet I have never watched anything he has done because of the comments I have seen on sites such as this one. When they do that kind of thing, I just don't enjoy the film, because you know they are not being honest.

I watched a trailer of Game Change on the home page a little bit ago and have added the film to my Netflix queue.

Immie

Apparently liberals still care about Sarah Palin...

the book at least isn't about just palin.

but why wouldn't people who are into politics be into this?

becasue a) I read the book, b) and most importantly, the word is out, its about palin and the other salacious not so attractive rumor/gossip or faux pas's missteps etc. committed by obama and Edwards etc. is not included.

If I want to see some tired, out of date palin trashing, I'll just come here.

Forum List

Back