A little over 3 hrs til "Game Change" starts

Some folks are able to look in the mirror, even if they're not particular happy with what they see. Obviously others aren't quite at that point yet.

Former John McCain campaign aides depicted in the movie, including Steve Schmidt, the campaign's chief strategist, vouched for its accuracy in interviews with The Times this week.
Schmidt and a chief Palin '08 aide, Nicolle Wallace, said they found it highly credible. Wallace said the film "captured the spirit and emotion of the campaign."
"This was a surreal experience for me," Schmidt said of the movie, in which he is played by actor Woody Harrelson. "Ten weeks of the campaign are condensed into a two-hour movie. But it tells the truth of the campaign. That is the story of what happened."

Since McCain's loss, the longtime Republican strategist has gradually been revealing more of his feelings about the lost election. The film vindicates the view he and many others around McCain had: the "high-risk, high-reward" choice of Palin, which Schmidt pushed for, had been a terrible mistake.

"My judgment was influenced by an ambition for victory, trying to figure out a way to win the race," Schmidt said from his Lake Tahoe home. "There is no question she helped to energize the campaign and to catapult John McCain into the lead. But the result was the nomination of someone who was fundamentally not qualified to be in the national command authority. That supersedes any short-term or long-term political advantage. Obviously, I have great regret over that."

did you read the book?

If their campaign didn't order sarah to go into attack mode, so that McCain wouldn't get his hands dirty, perhaps there wouldn't be this fixation w/ her. 'lest we forget, the other day she said she was going to be in Tampa & that a brokered convention might not be so bad. Know what that means? :eek:

Some folks are able to look in the mirror, even if they're not particular happy with what they see. Obviously others aren't quite at that point yet.

Former John McCain campaign aides depicted in the movie, including Steve Schmidt, the campaign's chief strategist, vouched for its accuracy in interviews with The Times this week.
Schmidt and a chief Palin '08 aide, Nicolle Wallace, said they found it highly credible. Wallace said the film "captured the spirit and emotion of the campaign."
"This was a surreal experience for me," Schmidt said of the movie, in which he is played by actor Woody Harrelson. "Ten weeks of the campaign are condensed into a two-hour movie. But it tells the truth of the campaign. That is the story of what happened."

Since McCain's loss, the longtime Republican strategist has gradually been revealing more of his feelings about the lost election. The film vindicates the view he and many others around McCain had: the "high-risk, high-reward" choice of Palin, which Schmidt pushed for, had been a terrible mistake.

"My judgment was influenced by an ambition for victory, trying to figure out a way to win the race," Schmidt said from his Lake Tahoe home. "There is no question she helped to energize the campaign and to catapult John McCain into the lead. But the result was the nomination of someone who was fundamentally not qualified to be in the national command authority. That supersedes any short-term or long-term political advantage. Obviously, I have great regret over that."
And that's the unpardonable sin that McCain did...put that demonic seed Sarah Palin on the map in the first place. Without that desperate "game changer" Sarah would still be a nobody from a podunk town of Wasila Alaska where she belongs...behind God's back.

Yanno.........I watched the movie (after watching obscene amounts of news coverage about the election) and this film as far as I could tell was pretty much the real deal.

Good movie.

found it

It's about Mccain and Palin.

Nice of them to take the time to kick people around some more. Shows real class.

Although I tivoed it, I wanted to watch it live.

It just finished.

It reminded me of how much class McCain showed during his campaign...amidst calls from all on his side to go negative...aka lie. That's about the only good thing I can say about Mr. McCain.

So it focused on the negatives and showed little to no positives?

or

they knew who they were playing up to.

Uhm, to the radical reactionary RWers of USMB, this movie was vetted by Republicans. The same Republicans that were a part of the campaign. As a matter of fact, the two main campaign leaders, Steve Schmidt and Nicole Wallace, both sanctioned it. Including many other Republican insiders.

HBO doesn't take their bio-movies and depictions lightly, they do their research.

According to all insiders, it's pretty near real-life events...the entire thing.

So cry all you want.

How stupid for someone who hasn't even seen it to bash it based on some perceived perception of persecution.

How sad an existence that must be.

*SMH*

I don't get HBO.

I watched one of the trailers on the home page linked in another thread. It did make her look a little high strung, but it looked as if it could be a decent program. My wife and daughter and I just finished watching "John Adams" which was produced for HBO by Play Tone. It was done very well. When this one comes to Netflix, I may watch it.

Immie

I loved John Adams. HBO shows the whole series every year again around the 4th of July.

And that's the unpardonable sin that McCain did...put that demonic seed Sarah Palin on the map in the first place. Without that desperate "game changer" Sarah would still be a nobody from a podunk town of Wasila Alaska where she belongs...behind God's back.

If it wasn't her, it probably would have been Lieberman. I believe McCain still would have lost, he was speaking at grocery stores before she signed on.

She didn't know anything about anything but she has a way about her. I must admit I was a little nervous until I saw some of interviews. She probably still doesn't know anything. Bush Jr. at least tried to learn. Not her, she just didn't care about anything but the most superficial stuff.

but remember folks, the WAR ON WOMEN is coming from the Republicans..:eusa_shhh:

found it

Nice of them to take the time to kick people around some more. Shows real class.

It just finished.

It reminded me of how much class McCain showed during his campaign...amidst calls from all on his side to go negative...aka lie. That's about the only good thing I can say about Mr. McCain.

or

i think it showed her exactly how she is...

the positive:
1. loves her family
2. good mother
3. powerful draw on the campaign trail
4. ambitious

the negative:
1. little knowledge
2. undisciplined
3. emotional problems (yet, given what was going on in her life, understandable emotional problems).
4. ambitious
5. overly demanding and caught up in her own press.

that's pretty much how she came off during the campaign, imo.

It just finished.

or

the positive:
1. loves her family
2. good mother
4. ambitious

the negative:
1. little knowledge
2. undisciplined
3. emotional problems (yet, given what was going on in her life, understandable emotional problems).
4. ambitious

lol, you know what they say about opinions..I detect some Sarah Derangement syndrome here.

Last edited:
found it

It just finished.

or

Positives

Great family support/good mother
Dynamic speaker with one on one touch with common people
Rogue who made the campaign her own
Did an amazing job at Republican Convention and VP Debate

Negatives

Totally clueless on domestic and foreign issues
Refused to prepare for Couric interview and blew it
Had an emotional breakdown when things went sour
Tended to stretch the truth
Became power hungry

or

the positive:
1. loves her family
2. good mother
4. ambitious

the negative:
1. little knowledge
2. undisciplined
4. ambitious

lol, you know what they say about opinions..I detect some Sarah Derangement syndrome here.

not in the least. she has no power and is no threat. there wouldn't be any reason for sarah derangement. i thought that was a pretty balanced assessment.

if i were sarah deranged i'd sound like you do about the president. :thup:

the positive:
1. loves her family
2. good mother
4. ambitious

the negative:
1. little knowledge
2. undisciplined
4. ambitious

not in the least. she has no power and is no threat. there wouldn't be any reason for sarah derangement. i thought that was a pretty balanced assessment.

if i were sarah deranged i'd sound like you do about the president. :thup:

Overall, I thought she came off quite well. Palin was not necessarily stupid but she grew up not caring about history or current events. It was just not important to her. As governor, she had to be knowledgeable about Alaskan affairs but saw no need to keep up on what the rest of the country was doing

Once she was in the limelight, her lack of general knowledge became evident

It just finished.

or

Positives

Negatives

Became power hungry

I guess it doesn't matter that Couric had to edit the interview to make her appear clueless. Looking at video interviews and lining them up with the actual transcripts showed that they had Sarah Palin answering the wrong questions.

Saturday Night Live had to make lines like "I can see Russia from my house" to make her seem stupid.

But nobody had to edit anything when we heard Obama say we have 57 states and that asthmatics use a breathalyzer. And nobody had to edit anything when Obama scoffed at anyone who said we can get back to $2 gas, calling it empty campaign promises.

First of all, saying we can never go back to $2 was beyond stupidity.

Second, coming from a world-class liar, accusing anyone of making empty campaign promises is unbelievably stupid. Remember "Yes We Can", "Hope and Change", "The oceans will cease to rise", "This is our moment", etc.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Px0xGRPBws]Obama "This is Our Moment" - YouTube[/ame]

Thirdly, all you have to do is watch Obama's actions and compare them with his speeches and you can tell he's full of crap.

Sarah Palin has to become a target. "Game Change" is a pack of lies being used to trash a woman and yet the left claims they stand up for women. The hypocrisy here is unbelievable.

Let's face it. Obama doesn't want us to focus on Obama. That would destroy his chances. The only chance he has is to tear down his competition.

Last edited:

or

Positives

Negatives

Became power hungry

I guess it doesn't matter that Couric had to edit the interview to make her appear clueless. Looking at video interviews and lining them up with the actual transcripts showed that they had Sarah Palin answering the wrong questions.

Saturday Night Live had to make lines like "I can see Russia from my house" to make her seem stupid.

But nobody had to edit anything when we heard Obama say we have 57 states and that asthmatics use a breathalyzer. And nobody had to edit anything when Obama scoffed at anyone who said we can get back to $2 gas, calling it empty campaign promises.

Second, coming from a world-class liar, accusing anyone of making empty campaign promises is unbelievably stupid. Remember "Yes We Can", "Hope and Change", "The oceans will cease to rise", "This is our moment", etc.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Px0xGRPBws]Obama "This is Our Moment" - YouTube[/ame]

People in your own party were pretty pissed when Palin started complaining that the media was the cause of her mistakes. She screwed those interviews up all on her own. The campaign did a lot to try and help her but she was too stupid to learn.

Some in this thread are giving her some credit for things that she did well, stop being such a Republican hack.

Positives

Negatives

Became power hungry

People in your own party were pretty pissed when Palin started complaining that the media was the cause of her mistakes. She screwed those interviews up all on her own. The campaign did a lot to try and help her but she was too stupid to learn.

Some in this thread are giving her some credit for things that she did well, stop being such a Republican hack.

I would ask the same of you. Stop being a Democrat hack and pay attention. Not to the media, but to everything.

Sarah Palin was not the most knowledgeable candidate, but she's honest and a damned sight better then the person in the White House now. She's not stupid like she has been portrayed, and she is ethical. She has more leadership experience in her little finger than Obama does in his whole body.

What everyone feared about Sarah Palin was that she has a reputation for fighting corruption at all levels of government. That's why I feel members on both sides decided to trash her reputation.

At the very moment you should be defending her you're doing exactly what you accuse the right of doing to women. It's like you feel you're in a vacuum.

Last edited:

Obama "This is Our Moment" - YouTube

I would ask the same of you. Stop being a Democrat hack and pay attention. Not to the media, but to everything.

Sarah Palin was not the most knowledgeable candidate, but she's honest and a damned sight better then the person in the White House now. She's not stupid like she has been portrayed, and she is ethical. She has more leadership experience in her little finger than Obama does in his whole body.

What everyone feared about Sarah Palin was that she has a reputation for fighting corruption at all levels of government. That's why I feel members on both sides decided to trash her reputation.

At the very moment you should be defending her you're doing exactly what you accuse the right of doing to women. It's like you feel you're in a vacuum.

She can't compare herself to the president. He laughs at the things she says about him because she has the IQ of a snail.

You must think she automatically should have had the women's vote. She is an embarrassment to her gender. Moose hunter indeed.

Forum List

Back