A Little monologue I had..

Daniyel

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2014
LA
Hello,

Let's begin with a video.

So what we just saw is a Palestinian protest, the usual protest issues like Jerusalem belongs to the Palestinians, to boycott Israel, to stop all diplomatic ties(Canada - Israel) and to love the Palestinians.
This is the part where the oxygen is going for a coffee break on its way to the brain of these people, they throw eggs expecting what they've always been expecting (*or is it demanding?) under insane odds, but now they try to escalate it further more..so before you jump and say "PALESTINIANS ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE THROWING ROCKS..or stuff" lets put this conflict aside.

How can you talk to a violent person? especially one knowing that in the past the violence was attempted to be tempered with good measures and understanding? insane odds, now giving them a state seems ludicrous but now even further more..is there anyone here able to answer that?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

A lesson both Israeli's and Palestinians could stand to learn.
That is the conclusion I was trying to imply, so before going on talking about the conflict directly, what can you suggest for someone else who might be reading this to do?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

That is the conclusion I was trying to imply, so before going on talking about the conflict directly, what can you suggest for someone else who might be reading this to do?
What do you mean?

What do you mean?
Not talking about the conflict for now, what can you possibly do you suggest is your way of dealing with a violent person which good measures and tolerance didn't help calming him down before? obviously repeating these would be pure insanity, so what would you do?

What do you mean?
Not talking about the conflict for now, what can you possibly do you suggest is your way of dealing with a violent person which good measures and tolerance didn't help calming him down before? obviously repeating these would be pure insanity, so what would you do?
I would suggest that the "good measures" actually aren't and that there needs to be some soul searching on that whole "tolerance" thing.

What do you mean?
I would suggest that the "good measures" actually aren't and that there needs to be some soul searching on that whole "tolerance" thing.
So you're suggesting more tolerance?

What do you mean?
"Tolerance" is not always the answer. For example in the U.S. we used to just "tolerate" black people.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Equal Rights: No Justice, No Peace

If the Palestinians want equal rights then they will need to speak with their elected leaders. Then they will need to show they want peace and will sit down and discus mutual borders. It is not up to Israel or the UN to give the Palestinians equal rights, just themselves. But it will mean having to work long and hard before they will reach the level of Israel.

What do you mean?
"Tolerance" is not always the answer. For example in the U.S. we used to just "tolerate" black people.
Tolerance is the default option for not responding to a violent person and I was trying to clarify that by the way when I mentioned 'good measures', so you have to make the separation here between responding or I'll call it "positioning" yourself against non violent person, so lets keep that simple as possible;
From a violent source -against-> non violent person.
From a non violent source -against-> non violent person.

Forum List

Back