A little advertising

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I've done a little coding to the board which allows for a header and/or footer banner specified by forum. You may see some different banners appearing in different forums, header or footer, as I've been seeking advertisers on a forum by forum basis.

I've tried to keep the board ad/banner free but it just doesn't work out in the end unless you are independently wealthy, which I'm not. The 3 main areas will remain as I don't believe any of the them affect the use of the board (Header/Footer banners, Google Ads & Links on the right sidebar).

I'm going through a bit of a rough time again as of late, with no job again & bills still needing to be paid, paying internet related bills are becoming an issue for me as well once again. It's hard getting users to become paid members or to donate, and advertising is a little easier because both are in a 'profitable' situation.

I only tell you all this as I don't want anyone to feel like the board is being over ridden by ads, they are there so that we can all continue enjoying the board.

If anyone knows of someone who might be interested in 'sponsoring' a forum with a banner link to the site of their choice in return, have them email me at jimnyc(at)usmessageboard.com

Forum List

Back