South Park

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Anybody been watching this season so far? Good stuff, I think, some of their best. I like the way they're doing the show now, not so much shocking (though, definitely still blowing me away with its insanity) as it is just well-written and thoughtful, as well as being hilarious. I really think last season's episode where the kids were playing little league and Stan's Dad kept fighting people in the stands may be one of my favorites ever, and that was hardly dirty at all!

So, here's what I think of this season so far (with some minor spoilers)...

1. Two Days Before The Day After Tomorrow - Really great, probably the best of the season so far. The highlight for me was Stan, Cartman, and Kyle coming to "rescue" the people trapped on their roofs. I liked that it was topical and managed to rip on a crappy movie, too. "We didn't listen!!!"

2. Marjorine - The name "Marjorine" had me laughing like an idiot for about 20 minutes. Yep, that's literally all it takes. This one was okay, Butters is my favorite character, so anything where he's one of the main characters is okay to me. The old man from Pet Sematary was hilarious.

3. Follow That Egg! - Tonight's episode, very close to being my favorite. I love it when Mr. (Mrs.?) Garrison rips on gay people, it's hilarious. Garrison's speech was brilliant. "And how are we gonna do that? Let's round us up three or four queers and beat the crap outta them!" Stan's line to Wendy at the very end of the episode cracked me up, too. That, and the assassin shooting the egg out of Stan's hand.

2. Lefty Wilbury

Lefty Wilbury Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    now that their not working on outside projects like the south park movie, team america and thats my bush the episodes are better. you can look back over the years and as they are working on those three the episodes weren't as solid. some hits some misses. now that there is nothing else going on these episodes shall be good. this season is looking like it'll be a good one.

3. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Definately hilarious as hell :thup: . My favorite parts:

1) Everyone shouting "We didn't listen!!" all the time. I don't know why that was so funny, but Lord it was. Especially Stan's dad rolling down the window just to yell it at some random guy.

2) Butters' mother freaking out when Butters "dies", then Cartman saying just "Nice." Also when his parents think he is a zombie :laugh:

"Sometimes....dead is better."

3) The stereotypical "teen parents" scenes that played out.

paraphrased

Bebe: I have to go get my hair done, you have to watch the egg for a while.
    Stan: I don't wanna watch that stupid egg!
    Bebe: It belongs to both of us! You have to take some responsibility!!

Wendy: I....want to see my egg.
    Kyle: It's not your egg anymore!
    Wendy: Yes it is! I made it!
    Kyle: Just wait till the end of the week and we get an A, then you can have your egg.

4. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Yeah, this is true. I mean, they're so involved in all their projects (well, at least Trey is), it's understandable that they'd get burned out somewhere along the line.

And since you brought it up, I really wish they'd put out That's My Bush on DVD, I loved that show.

I've noticed that since they did Team America, they've been parodying more 80's movies. Off the top of my head, I can think of The Last Starfighter, Bad News Bears, Rocky, Pet Sematary, The Day After Tomorrow, and One Crazy Summer.

5. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Anytime they have crowds of rednecks repeating stuff over and over again like that, it's hilarious.

There was the episode with the war protestors: "if you don't like it you can giiiiit out!"

And my favorite was the Goobacks episode: "They took our jobs!!!"

6. Lefty Wilbury

Lefty Wilbury Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/

From the Comedy Central Press Release:
    Cartman suffers from Gingervitus in an all-new episode of South Park premiering Wednesday, November 9 at 10:00P.M. on Comedy Central

In his classroom presentation, Cartman points to people with red hair, light skin and freckles as an inferior race in an all new episode of "South Park," entitled "Ginger Kids," premiering Wednesday, November 9 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central. Cartman thinks differently when, one morning, he himself wakes up with an advanced case of Gingervitus! Unable to endure being ostracized for his looks, he rallies all Ginger Kids everywhere to fight discrimination.

7. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Hmmm... That description doesn't really jump out at me, but then again neither did the description for Marjorine, and that one turned out to be pretty funny.

8. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Who saw the latest one? Dear Lord that was funny. Too bad for that poor whale though...

9. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I only saw the last 10 minutes or so, but SPOILERS* that dead whale over the end credits was hilarious.

10. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    The dead whale at the end is hilarious. I LOL'ed throughout that episode..."What, you've never talked to a whale before?"