A "Let's Kick People Off" Thread Idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree completely. all i was suggesting is that there are some people who think they should be able to control what people say and tell people with a contrary opinion that they cannot post on a thread that they started. .

You were not told what to say or not say.
You were not told what to say to others.
You were asked to move your argument so as NOT to hijack a thread.

YOU chose not to stop posting
YOU chose to continue

mad scientist CHOSE to ask that HIS thread be locked....which IS within the rules and allowable.

Sorry bout that,

You take the good with the bad in threads. Some people want to talk and make points some people was to be the entertainment. Others enjoy just reading. Unless it is egregious nonsense no one should ever be thread banned.

I agree, however, don't you just wish you could slap some sense into some of them? Along with thank you button, how about a "slap some sense into them" button? Of course said button should never apply to me. :D

1. I like that idea, but instead I would have a, [FUCK YOU] button.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

You take the good with the bad in threads. Some people want to talk and make points some people was to be the entertainment. Others enjoy just reading. Unless it is egregious nonsense no one should ever be thread banned.

I agree, however, don't you just wish you could slap some sense into some of them? Along with thank you button, how about a "slap some sense into them" button? Of course said button should never apply to me. :D

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You do....It is called a neg rep...:wink_2:

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You do....It is called a neg rep...:wink_2:

1. But thats so sterile, I would like to see it more public, where you sign off at the bottom of the post.:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. I really think my threads should have this feature, I get some nasal as hell people getting sideways with me over my threads.
2. I like the idea of just deleting their posts, then blocking them from posting.
3. Then allow me only to have a a button on others posts and when I don't like what they said, I can select, [FUCK YOU] just like when I *THANK* some one.
4. But only I have that option. :badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
maybe there should be a forum where the person who starts a thread has complete control of it so they can kick people off and delete the posts with which they disagree.

personally, i don't like it on principle, but in my short time on these boards, i have seen a few people try to kick people off threads for having a contrary point of view.
Practicing for the next 4 years of Obama unchained, rehab? :rolleyes:

lolol...not at all. like i said, i think it is a bad idea. other people seem to think they can start a thread and tell people to leave. i ust think they should have a forum to accomodate them. personally, i would never even look at it.

everything isn't about obama/romney, you know. i was one of the undecided but voted for obama in the last minute...but if romney would have won, i would support him no more and no less than i do obama now. i like a good game, but i am an american and that game is over.

i don't like the bitterness expressed by the romney supporters, but i dislike the gloating by the obama supporters even more.

if americans remain divided so much and keep fighting each other, this country may fall apart lol...that might not be a bad thing. i think if WA state seceded from the union, we would be the second or third largest nuclear power.

You started a thread on what you consider a bad idea? And now you are promoting said bad idea?

Dude...you have far too much time on your hands.. Seriously.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Like Lennon, your control issues are showing. Hope you dodge the bullet :eusa_shifty:

all i am saying is to set up an area, a forum, for those people who insist that, because they started a thread, that they own it and control it. let them have a place so the rest of us do not have to deal listening to them try to exert that imagined control.

let them have their place where they can preach to the choir night and day to their heart's content. i mean, back in the day when people could still rep me, i had a women poster actually neg me with the command that i stay off her thread.

i don't want to deal with that and one time is one time too much. it is no bigs. i just don't like some goof telling me to not post, particularly when i am not initially a rude nor vulgar poster. give the imagined power they want and let them live in their little controlled world.

maybe there should be a forum where the person who starts a thread has complete control of it so they can kick people off and delete the posts with which they disagree.

personally, i don't like it on principle, but in my short time on these boards, i have seen a few people try to kick people off threads for having a contrary point of view.
What would you call that, "Poster Suppression"?

The only place I support censorship, is between a parent and their children under 18.

lolol...not at all. like i said, i think it is a bad idea. other people seem to think they can start a thread and tell people to leave. i ust think they should have a forum to accomodate them. personally, i would never even look at it.

Good lord man... are you still whining that mad scientist asked you to move your argument to out of his rep thread?

no. i am not. i wasn't thinking of mad scientist when i posted this. he did not ask me, he dictated to me but i think it was a more of a misunderstanding spoken in a heated argument more than anyone else. my version of it is that we had a misunderstanding. i still have respect for him at this moment.

also, i have zero problem really when someone ASKS me to leave. i don't like people demanding that i leave or saying "get out of here" or "get lost."

lolol...and for christ's sake, why is it that when anyone disagrees with some people, those people thinks an good response is "quit whining." i have seen very few people whine on these boards really.

What would you call that, "Poster Suppression"?

The only place I support censorship, is between a parent and their children under 18.

i am not supporting censorship at all. i am saying, set up a place for those who think they have a right to censor so that they may post, away from the rest of us because i do not like some ass out of the clear blue telling me to "get lost."

i agree completely. all i was suggesting is that there are some people who think they should be able to control what people say and tell people with a contrary opinion that they cannot post on a thread that they started. .

YOU chose to continue

mad scientist CHOSE to ask that HIS thread be locked....which IS within the rules and allowable.

and i am not talking about that...and your version is not entirely accurate.

i don't think you would appreciate it i i told you to take your complaint elsewhere? or better yet..."go away."

i really am not here to rehash an old argument that you are stuck on.

Practicing for the next 4 years of Obama unchained, rehab? :rolleyes:

everything isn't about obama/romney, you know. i was one of the undecided but voted for obama in the last minute...but if romney would have won, i would support him no more and no less than i do obama now. i like a good game, but i am an american and that game is over.

i don't like the bitterness expressed by the romney supporters, but i dislike the gloating by the obama supporters even more.

if americans remain divided so much and keep fighting each other, this country may fall apart lol...that might not be a bad thing. i think if WA state seceded from the union, we would be the second or third largest nuclear power.

You started a thread on what you consider a bad idea? And now you are promoting said bad idea?

that was confusing. my bad. i apologise.

i think people who think that, because they start a thread, they have a right to exert a close to absolute control over it be given a place where they may do so, i do not like dealing with them.

it would be like this...if i told you "get out of here, i started this thread" we would go back and forth forever discusiing free speech. wouldn't it be better to just let me go off by myself so people could actually discuss something without that ridiculous sidebar.

that was an example folks. i would never tell anyone they couldn't post on a thread i started, anymore than i like being told to "go away." i ust would like to have a place to kick the thread somewhere when someone does say "go away."

i think people who think that, because they start a thread, they have a right to exert a close to absolute control over it be given a place where they may do so, i do not like dealing with them.

it would be like this...if i told you "get out of here, i started this thread" we would go back and forth forever discusiing free speech. wouldn't it be better to just let me go off by myself so people could actually discuss something without that ridiculous sidebar.

that was an example folks. i would never tell anyone they couldn't post on a thread i started, anymore than i like being told to "go away." i ust would like to have a place to kick the thread somewhere when someone does say "go away."

They have already invented such a place. It's called your own message board. :lol:

Good lord man... are you still whining that mad scientist asked you to move your argument to out of his rep thread?

no. i am not. i wasn't thinking of mad scientist when i posted this. he did not ask me, he dictated to me but i think it was a more of a misunderstanding spoken in a heated argument more than anyone else. my version of it is that we had a misunderstanding. i still have respect for him at this moment.

also, i have zero problem really when someone ASKS me to leave. i don't like people demanding that i leave or saying "get out of here" or "get lost."

lolol...and for christ's sake, why is it that when anyone disagrees with some people, those people thinks an good response is "quit whining." i have seen very few people whine on these boards really.

Mad asked you to leave more than once, and then specifically told you that if you continued to argue he would ask for the thread to be locked. I actually posted screenshots in the last thread you couldn't keep your whiny ass out of, yet you insist that you had a misunderstanding. The only misunderstanding was where people assumed you were reasonable.

YOU chose to continue

and i am not talking about that...and your version is not entirely accurate.

i don't think you would appreciate it i i told you to take your complaint elsewhere? or better yet..."go away."

i really am not here to rehash an old argument that you are stuck on.

I suggest you read the comment i quoted.

and you really thing this is NOT about mad scientists thread?

get a grip man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back