A gun control proposal

How about a real conversation about the gun issue .

Here's what I think .

Background Checks, no private sale or gun show loopholes . Gun registration so we can follow the gun and prevent straw purchases. Local gun licenses thru the police Those things would help keep guns away from criminals and kooks . That's the majority of the gun problem.

In return . The law abiding can buy all the guns they want . U can only shoot 2 at a time at best . U want a 20 round clip, go ahead and have a party . License to carry, ok with me .

What's the down side ?

How do you propose to track the stolen guns?

Per the FBI, 1.4 million were stolen between 2005 and 2010.

that's about 200,000 a year, on average.

Are they really all "stolen". Some meth head sells his gun to dealer and later claims it's "stolen".

That wouldnt happen as much under my plan . Cause when dealer gets caught with gun, he'll rat out meth head . People will then think twice before selling to assholes .

And if it's really stolen , u get your gun back when it's found !!

On a side note , how are all these guns being stolen?? U buy a gun to prevent break ins!!!
Guns get stolen all the time. Guns get stolen and the owner has no idea that happened.

They sure do. So much for needing a gun to protect your stuff.

You home 24/7/365, 'brain'?

About what percentage of criminals break into a house when there are people home, 'brain'?

About 230,000 guns are stolen each year. Yeah gun owners are making us safer.

Funny how so many of you gun nuts on here are gun dealers. Pretty clear you want to sell guns, not save lives.
Pro Constitution people are labeled "gun nuts" typical name calling.
Let's prohibit speech against Constitutional rights.

Here's what I think .

Background Checks, no private sale or gun show loopholes . Gun registration so we can follow the gun and prevent straw purchases. Local gun licenses thru the police Those things would help keep guns away from criminals and kooks . That's the majority of the gun problem.

In return . The law abiding can buy all the guns they want . U can only shoot 2 at a time at best . U want a 20 round clip, go ahead and have a party . License to carry, ok with me .

What's the down side ?

Are they really all "stolen". Some meth head sells his gun to dealer and later claims it's "stolen".

That wouldnt happen as much under my plan . Cause when dealer gets caught with gun, he'll rat out meth head . People will then think twice before selling to assholes .

On a side note , how are all these guns being stolen?? U buy a gun to prevent break ins!!!
Guns get stolen all the time. Guns get stolen and the owner has no idea that happened.

About what percentage of criminals break into a house when there are people home, 'brain'?
Or stolen out of cars, where people have left them because the restaurant or movie theater was posted?
Poor Timmy. Playing without a full deck.

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?
Hey why dont we just make it illegal for felons to own guns?
Oh, wait. It already is.
There is no "following the gun." That is nonsense. Once guns are stolen or go missing they aer untraceable. The US could not trace guns they let across the border. Why do you think guns would be traceable under this absurd idea?

They are only untraceable if u file off the numbers . Why would anyone do that to a stolen gun?? That alone is a felony .
You're really not very bright here, Einstein.
I have been a firearms dealer for nearly a decade. Once a gun is stolen it cannot be traced unless it comes across an official channel, like a police recovery. But guns are traded among criminals like dope and no one is asking any questions.

Right . Much like a car that's stolen.

But let's not kid ourselves. All the guns that end up in the hands of criminals are not stolen guns .

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?
Oh, wait. It already is.
There is no "following the gun." That is nonsense. Once guns are stolen or go missing they aer untraceable. The US could not trace guns they let across the border. Why do you think guns would be traceable under this absurd idea?

They are only untraceable if u file off the numbers . Why would anyone do that to a stolen gun?? That alone is a felony .
I have been a firearms dealer for nearly a decade. Once a gun is stolen it cannot be traced unless it comes across an official channel, like a police recovery. But guns are traded among criminals like dope and no one is asking any questions.

But let's not kid ourselves. All the guns that end up in the hands of criminals are not stolen guns .
Cars are kind of hard to hide in your pocket, brain.
True. Many guns are acquired through straw purchase. How are you planning on stopping that?

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?
Oh, wait. It already is.

Many are straw purchases. Since we don't register guns it's quite easy.

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?
I differ from most conservatives in that I believe that with our rights come responsibilities.
That said, I think a firearms purchase should fall into the same vein as buying a motor vehicle.
In order to purchase a vehicle and then operate it on the public roadways, we must present ID, have a background( credit) check, give out personal information.
I see no reason why a firearm purchase cannot include the same scrutiny.

Funny how so many of you gun nuts on here are gun dealers. Pretty clear you want to sell guns, not save lives.
Pro Constitution people are labeled "gun nuts" typical name calling.
Let's prohibit speech against Constitutional rights.

There are all kinds of restrictions on free speech .

We are talking guns here . Please stop with the typical Re routing distractions that gun nuts are famous for .

You are not going to get any kind of compromise from our gun nuts. And I would add the penalties for breaking these laws. If you sell a gun to someone without the background check and approval, you are arrested for a felony, and can never own any kind of firearm again. The same for the person trying to buy a gun without a check. Guns cannot be transferred in any manner, even within families without said background check. To do so incurs a felony conviction. Those with felony convictions cannot own guns. Period. Those judged to have sanity problems with hostility cannot own guns, period.
The majority of the guns in the US are owned by criminals.

'brain', I go to te range 3-4 times a week.

I do not carry all my guns with me when I go to the range.

Should I hire an armed guard to protect my guns when I go to the range?

Do you make use of your brain very often, 'brain'?

There are all kinds of restrictions on free speech .

We are talking guns here . Please stop with the typical Re routing distractions that gun nuts are famous for .
Free speech 1st Amendment
Right to bear arms 2nd amendment
Same constitutional issue, no? If you want to curtail one you can curtail the other one also, no? It is not a distraction asshole, it is the same issue. Talking about Constitutionally guaranteed rights.

How about criminal liability for deaths resulting from the sale of a weapon where the seller failed to run a standardized background check?
That's punishing the wrong person/entity......Unless the seller had direct and credible knowledge that the purchaser was planning to use the weapon to commit a crime, or as in some some state statutes, "reasonably believed" the buyer was going to use the weapon to commit a crime, the seller cannot be held liable.

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?
I differ from most conservatives in that I believe that with our rights come responsibilities.
That said, I think a firearms purchase should fall into the same vein as buying a motor vehicle.
In order to purchase a vehicle and then operate it on the public roadways, we must present ID, have a background( credit) check, give out personal information.
I see no reason why a firearm purchase cannot include the same scrutiny.
Because owning a gun is a right, owning a car is not.

'brain', I go to te range 3-4 times a week.

I do not carry all my guns with me when I go to the range.

Should I hire an armed guard to protect my guns when I go to the range?

Do you make use of your brain very often, 'brain'?

I think you should get a life. Seriously you have nothing better to do that go waste ammo 3-4 times a week?

Don't you have a I own guns sign in front of your house? I hear that makes criminals go away.

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?
Oh, wait. It already is.

Cars are kind of hard to hide in your pocket, brain.
True. Many guns are acquired through straw purchase. How are you planning on stopping that?

I'm starting to think timmy and brain are sharing an IQ.

Forum List

Back