A gun control proposal

Timmy

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2015
How about a real conversation about the gun issue .

Here's what I think .

Background Checks, no private sale or gun show loopholes . Gun registration so we can follow the gun and prevent straw purchases. Local gun licenses thru the police Those things would help keep guns away from criminals and kooks . That's the majority of the gun problem.

In return . The law abiding can buy all the guns they want . U can only shoot 2 at a time at best . U want a 20 round clip, go ahead and have a party . License to carry, ok with me .

What's the down side ?

You are not going to get any kind of compromise from our gun nuts. And I would add the penalties for breaking these laws. If you sell a gun to someone without the background check and approval, you are arrested for a felony, and can never own any kind of firearm again. The same for the person trying to buy a gun without a check. Guns cannot be transferred in any manner, even within families without said background check. To do so incurs a felony conviction. Those with felony convictions cannot own guns. Period. Those judged to have sanity problems with hostility cannot own guns, period.

How about criminal liability for deaths resulting from the sale of a weapon where the seller failed to run a standardized background check?

How about criminal liability for deaths resulting from the sale of a weapon where the seller failed to run a standardized background check?

Make the standardized backgrounds free to the sellers and real easy to do. As a tax payer, I'd be willing to pay for that.

Here's what I think .

Background Checks, no private sale or gun show loopholes . Gun registration so we can follow the gun and prevent straw purchases. Local gun licenses thru the police Those things would help keep guns away from criminals and kooks . That's the majority of the gun problem.

In return . The law abiding can buy all the guns they want . U can only shoot 2 at a time at best . U want a 20 round clip, go ahead and have a party . License to carry, ok with me .

What's the down side ?
sorry Tim, no cigar. We aren't compromising.
I will make one deal with obama. He gives up abortions, and I'll turn in my guns
At least people have lived thru some of the shootings. Abortion, not so much

You are not going to get any kind of compromise from our gun nuts. And I would add the penalties for breaking these laws. If you sell a gun to someone without the background check and approval, you are arrested for a felony, and can never own any kind of firearm again. The same for the person trying to buy a gun without a check. Guns cannot be transferred in any manner, even within families without said background check. To do so incurs a felony conviction. Those with felony convictions cannot own guns. Period. Those judged to have sanity problems with hostility cannot own guns, period.
People with felonies shouldn't vote either, nor reproduce.

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?
I will make one deal with obama. He gives up abortions, and I'll turn in my guns

Obama has nothing to do wh abortion !!!

This thread is about gun compromise .

Does anybody know if Australia and England had gun registrations before the confiscation in order that police would exactly know who had what and went there straight to get it form them?

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?

I guess there won't be any compromise. To bad, so sad.

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?

Let's treat guns like cars. Register, insurance, and don't let them become an eyesore for your neighbors.

Does anybody know if Australia and England had gun registrations before the confiscation in order that police would exactly know who had what and went there straight to get it form them?
I was on a Mormon mission to Australia. I went rabbit hunting with a rim fire rifle
But the government knew who had the .22s
If Austrialia had no weapons. The farms would be over run with rabbits, roos, and the like

How about a compromise on prohibiting free speech...I mean just the parts that are against the Constitution...

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?

Let's treat guns like cars. Register, insurance, and don't let them become an eyesore for your neighbors.
Still won't happen I won't register my weapon. And the Burley police said they won't come for it either

Here's what I think .

What's the down side ?

How do you propose to track the stolen guns?

Per the FBI, 1.4 million were stolen between 2005 and 2010.

that's about 200,000 a year, on average.

Forum List

Back