A gun control proposal

Here's a couple of stats... 10yrs old, but gives a pretty clear picture
All urban areas more laws will never help, they just can't.
Firearms outnumber people many, many times in rural areas most of the country's guns are in the rural areas, violent crimes generally don't happen in rural areas.
ITS NOT THE GUNS!!!!!!!

I know plenty .
I know facts are kryptonite to the gun nut crowd . I know the gun nuts are intellectually dishonest when the point to chicago constantly .
Fact:
It is impossible for you to soundly argue any of your positions regarding gun control.
Is that so? Then why not take my challenge ?
You issued a challenge?
This challenge is based on what you consider a sound argument for your position?
Please - do tell.

[

What's not sound . The gun nut mantra is two fold .

More guns = more safety
Gun control doesn't work .

What's more sound then comparing two similar states at different ends of the gun control spectrum?

The public outrage rises to a crescendo each time there's a mass shooting, but the overwhelming majority of gun deaths are one-on-one, the product of a national psyche which sees violence as an appropriate dispute resolution process.
The glorification of war, and weapons in particular, produces fanatics who cannot imagine a life without their guns.
Gun control can tinker round the edges, but it is the culture that drives the carnage.
Some serious consequences for gun-owners whose guns are used in crime or accidental deaths just might save a few lives.
People are getting shot by toddlers on a weekly basis this year
The Constitution guarantees the right to bear arms, but every right comes with responsibility, and we should be securing our weapons, so they don't end up killing one of the 'good' guys.

You heard right . All the gun shop wanted was a sale.
If the gun nuts would be responsible owners. It might make very important contribution to illegal sales and purchases.
Talk about trying to put a spin on a situation. The gun nuts and the nra boys are prime contributors

Gun shop found liable in shooting of two Milwaukee police officers
Gun shop found liable in shooting of two Milwaukee police officers

The judgment will be overturned on appeal, unless the plaintiffs can prove the dealer had knowledge it was a straw purchase. The dealer had no right to refuse a sale to a qualified buyer. Those public accommodation laws ya know, the dealer could have been sued if they refused the sale. The guy that bought the gun is the one that broke the law, by giving it to an unqualified individual.

I may be mistaken but I think I read that there was a video showing that it was a blatant straw purchase with the clerk standing there hearing everything. If that is the case then the gun shop owner clearly violated his FFL and should be held to a level of responsibility.

However, that does not have any bearing on the thousands of legal transactions on a daily basis. These anti gun nuts wants to spin the verdict to say that now all gun sellers are responsible for the illegal use of a firearm but that is not the case. Not by a long shot.

[
What's not sound . The gun nut mantra is two fold .
More guns = more safety
Gun control doesn't work
Ok... and...?

And it's not true .

I through out the challange and no one would take the call .
Throw.
Your argument has been decimated six ways from Sunday here. There is no evidence gun control works. There are some ganked up statistics that dont hold up under examination. No, we are not Sweden, or Finland. No, the countries with strict gun control did not see less gun crime once they insituted their laws. They never had the crime levels we have.
Every argument for gun control is a failure and rests on the idea of "We have to do SOMETHING! It's the children!" It is a failure.

12143278_10153551301290432_8706226083061753196_n.jpg

Forum List

Back