A friend of mine was in California

California is a shining example of leftist 'leadership'.
So the leftist made the mountain ranges?
No, but they certainly shaped their pitiful excuse for an economy<3

How are you~? It's nice to see you~
The economy of California is 14% of US GNP..The best economy of any state in the USA.....
I am fine, how is the Fatherland?

Your Gross product is NO indication of economic health. Not with the monstrous debt load and the flight of skilled workers and the focus on plastic bags and pet store legislation and windmills and high speed trains to nowhere ------ WAY ABOVE the priorities that they deserve.
But they still have a good credit rating...two A's and a negative...About like the feds...

growth1.jpg

They've forgotten the "magic" that MADE California great. And you can tell by just visiting. Like the OP reported.

Freeways in San Fran that NEVER got rebuilt. Dams breaking apart with defects known for years. Homeless numbers up.. Wage gaps up. School performance down. Take your pick..

She was two or three weeks in California. She paid 300 bucks hotelroom for a day, and the hotel had cockroaches in her room. She said she saw lots of homeless people, eating out of garbage bins and sleeping on the street, she saw one homeless guy injecting heroin in public. Overall she liked it though she visited the Grand Canyon which she liked the best. She was in a few latino bars too.

Depends on what part of Cali you are in you will pay a lot and get very little. The Grand Canyon is in Arizona.

Most of America is beautiful when you leave the cities.

California is a shining example of leftist 'leadership'.

The economy of California is 14% of US GNP..The best economy of any state in the USA.....

Your Gross product is NO indication of economic health. Not with the monstrous debt load and the flight of skilled workers and the focus on plastic bags and pet store legislation and windmills and high speed trains to nowhere ------ WAY ABOVE the priorities that they deserve.
But they still have a good credit rating...two A's and a negative...About like the feds...

It's really clear to me now why Moonie is STILL in California thinking everything is rosey.. It's because he's with "his people"....

State-Credit-Ratings-(large)_0.png

It's really clear to me now why Moonie is STILL in California thinking everything is rosey.. It's because he's with "his people"....

State-Credit-Ratings-(large)_0.png
We all use Dial to match body scents...I am sure Californians can at least rest assured that rich Hollywood thespians will bail them out when the time comes...

Last time I was in California, I met a family that had a modest business with a Almond orchard, not big bucks. It broke my heart almost, he was going out of business because he didn't hire illegals and was a stanch bible thumping white conservative. He stuck to his principles. But all the others sold out, literally. The developers tore down decades old trees and heritage for profit an housing development. THAT is Califonication.

In short, twenty-first-century environmentalists would have the state tear down the twentieth-century engineering marvels that gave California the wealth and leisure to ponder their expendability. So brilliantly productive were the projects of California visionaries like Henry Huntington and John Eastwood that their well-fed, well-protected, and well-powered successors have the luxury of dreaming about how to destroy their very inheritance. California’s Promethean Past

last time I was in Cali, I was astounded by how many conservatives there were. And how outraged they were at how their government was cozing up to the illegal alien and Gay lobbies, I never heard this before. An epiphany, a real eye opener. California Uber alles? Now flash forward 12 years, My home state, Colorado, is the same way. politicians Selling out to short sighted greed and political expediency. I see a trend, and it scares me.
Leftism if unopposed as in CA, does occasionally cause people to wake up and recognize it's multiple harms. Others are always asleep and unknowing...and still others love it because they live well off it.

OK -- I take that back -- it's AA-.. STILL not anything to brag about..

And the diff between each level of rating means higher interest on their public debt which means it is harder to keep up with that debt, and is a downward death spiral if one gets to A-.

Forum List

Back