Game of Throne Spoilers; i Think I Can Call How It All Ends

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
When trying to figure out murder mysteries or the direction of plots, it is best to understand how the writers think. And George Martin is, believe it or not ....

1) a pacifist who believes that war is futile; everybody always loses, in his view. How many of the original kings trying to claim the Iron Throne are still alive after all?

2) Martin is a moral nihilist who delights in crushing idealistic champions. To him the STRONG always win, not the righteous.

3) Martin is committed to avoiding predictable endings and simple solutions, especially as the result of conflict.

Now the predictions:

1) Jaime will kill Cersei. He is on an upward arc of character development while she is devolving into a greater monster with each episode. Her blowing up the Septim is so much like the Mad King that Jaime cant look away much longer, and his witnessing the utter destruction of his army by one dragon is the final blow. When Cersei goes mad, he will do the right thing. I suspect that something might happen with his sword as well, given the back story, but that is tangential to the topic right now.

2) Jon Snow and Daenerys will become romantically engaged and he will ascend the throne along with her as the Queen Consort, though his claim tot he title is stronger, and Samwell might be able to prove it by seasons end.

3) Once Daernerys sees the white walkers, she will commit to stopping them. I read somewhere that she will loose a dragon that the White King will animate into an undead ice dragon, which is cool.

4) Jon Snow and Tyrian are favorite characters of the author and while Jon ascends to pwoer, Tyrian is more like the authorial perspective for the whole story. But Daenerys is in his view I suspect kind of an idealistic fool. So I think that in the "final battle" she dies and Jon does what he does best; he finds out what is driving the White King to invade and then addresses that issue. Jon has always found ways to make everyone happy and allow both sides to win, to some degree, except his personal and most vile enemies like Ramsey Bolton.

What might that thing be for the White King? I dont know, maybe he wants to live forever as the white King and has to have a repeat of the ceremony that made him with the Forest children. Or maybe he has to address the rightful heir of the Iron Throne, or maybe he needs to touch some sacred point, I dont know.

But whatever it is, Jon will find out what it is and cut a deal as long as the White King keeps to confines north of the remains of whats left of the great ice wall, which gets rebuilt.

But an ending that has an anti-climactic peace with the death of Daenerys and the white walkers still kicking around to the North sounds so George RR Martin to me.

How did this get in health and lifestyle?

Excellent topic though. George RR Martin has a love of history. Game of Thrones is actually War of the Roses with Daenyres as King Henry. The strongest characters are the women. Queen Cercie, Mother of Dragons, Sansa and warrior Arya with the second tier fighters Brienne and Yara also women.

The conscience and support are the men, Tyrion of course, Jon Snow, the voice of reason Jamie who is also standing by his woman no matter how evil. He will make excuses till the end. And not to forget, the developing brains of the whole thing, Maester Sam.

By the time the season is over Daenerys may sit upon the Iron Throne.

How did this get in health and lifestyle?

Excellent topic though. George RR Martin has a love of history. Game of Thrones is actually War of the Roses with Daenyres as King Henry. The strongest characters are the women. Queen Cercie, Mother of Dragons, Sansa and warrior Arya with the second tier fighters Brienne and Yara also women.

The conscience and support are the men, Tyrion of course, Jon Snow, the voice of reason Jamie who is also standing by his woman no matter how evil. He will make excuses till the end. And not to forget, the developing brains of the whole thing, Maester Sam.

By the time the season is over Daenerys may sit upon the Iron Throne.

If/when proof is given to her that Jon Snow has the better claim to the throne, do you think she will bow out and be Queen beside him?

I don't think anybody will sit atop the Iron Throne when it's all over. There will be some new order.

Remember last episode when Bran said to Littlefinger that "chaos is a ladder?"

Let's have a flashback:

Littlefinger on the order of the realm: Littlefinger: Do you know what the realm is? It's the thousand blades of Aegon's enemies. A story we agree to tell each other over and over till we forget that it's a lie. Varys: But what do we have left once we abandon the lie? Chaos. A gaping pit waiting to swallow us all. Littlefinger: Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder.

The Iron Throne won't have any meaning when the 7 kingdoms are fighting for their lives against the white walkers. Nor will it in the aftermath.

I don't think anybody will sit atop the Iron Throne when it's all over. There will be some new order.

Remember last episode when Bran said to Littlefinger that "chaos is a ladder?"

Let's have a flashback:

Littlefinger on the order of the realm: Littlefinger: Do you know what the realm is? It's the thousand blades of Aegon's enemies. A story we agree to tell each other over and over till we forget that it's a lie. Varys: But what do we have left once we abandon the lie? Chaos. A gaping pit waiting to swallow us all. Littlefinger: Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder.

The Iron Throne won't have any meaning when the 7 kingdoms are fighting for their lives against the white walkers. Nor will it in the aftermath.

Of course you could be right, but the hierarchy wants the myths the order and the authority that derives from it to control their peasants and guards.

The Iron throne is too useful to abandon, for them anyway, and he who has the most steel calls the tune.

This guy has a very interesting UTube chanel that explores all the scenes that various minor characters have through the seasons and it reveals much about them and the ongoing plots.

These are just a few of his postings and are quite enjoyable.

Forum List

Back