chicken farm
lava cakes...need:

4 ramkin cups

2 whole eggs

2 egg yolks

2 tablespoons sugar

4 oz chocolate reserving one oz...i use the bakers chocolates

1/4 shifted flour..measured before shifting

garnish with fresh fruits or serve with french vanilla ice cream. takes about 10 minutes prep...17 minutes cooking...total of 30 minutes at best.

butter 4 ramkins...then flour lightly...then sugar lightly

set oven to 350 degrees

melt 3 oz of semi sweet chocolate in a 1/2 cup of veggie oil or canola oil

(you can do this in a double boiler but i just put it in microwave for 1 1/2 min. (30 secs each time) it will look unmelted just stir it with whisk

in med bowl combine....2 eggs with 2 egg yolks...add 2 tablespoons of sugar...

beat well...if you have a mixer...5 minutes ...by hand till you think its whipped well

now you have the ramkins...the melted chocolate (cooled a bit)...slolwy pour the cooled chocolate into the egg yolks...stirring as you slowly pour...

now add 1/4 cup shift all purpose flour...measure before shifting....to the egg/chocolate mix...beat well...till blended...

now take a 1 oz block of chocolate...and cut it into 4 pieces...

spoon the batter into the ramkins...small spoonfuls till you cover the bottom...put one piece of the solid chocolate in the middle of the batter ...now cover each block with more batter...

cook for 17 minutes...i serve it with fruit or ice cream...it will be a small cake with a liquid middle...as the solid melts...

next: old fashioned custard: must be made in the morning or a day ahead to chill

6 eggs.......(not that is not an error...6 whole eggs)

4 cups whole milk

3/4 cups sugar

vanilla

maple syrup

fresh fruit

scald the milk...to nearly boiling...(hell put it in the microwave for about 3 and 1/2 min.)

combine eggs...sugar and vanilla....pour milk slowly into eggs..whisking as you pour...

now here is the funky part....you need a square med deep pan that will fit into another pan...put smaller pan into the bigger pan...fill the bigger pan with hot water...just about 1/2 up the smaller pan...pour batter into smaller pan....(i always make a mess doing this)
and put in 350 degree oven for 60 to 70 minutes....(toothpick comes out clean)

chill ...to serve: cut into squares with fresh fruit topped with maple syrup

** i dont give a shit how many calories or how much this and that...i am a foodie...

I use the same custard recipe - excellent - and think the other recipe looks/sounds great. But what are "ramkin cups"?

Forum List

Back