A Cubs-Dresser!

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
A diorama-diary about baseball collector-diamonds inspired by Mr. Destiny. Enjoy,

:eek:

====

I've been collecting baseball-cards for some time now, and I consider myself an 'outstanding' capitalism-anthropologist and sports-media 'fan' for modern times, and I love Facebook too and sometimes talk about my cards on Facebook. My name's Amlan Satan (aka, 'Storm-Shadow').

tavares7.jpg

I've loved baseball since a young age, and I enjoyed playing the various manifestations of baseball video-games (Nintendo, Playstation). I love baseball in the child-baseball grounds/backyards too, and I enjoyed playing in high-school gym class! It's a terrific game. It's spawned in me an 'outstanding' sense of socialized teamwork and self-esteem.

ryne3.jpg

My proudest trophy in my cards-collection is my Ryne Sandberg Topps-1984 (second-year) Cubs fan. Well, it's true I'm a bigger Phillies and Reds fan, but I've cheered on multiple great Cubs players/legends including Sandberg and Kerry Wood. The 1984 Topps second-year Sandberg card reminds me what makes baseball fanfare and spirit of sports-IQ so Americana and generally/youthfully gorgeous.

ryne1.jpg

In fact, you'd argue that my proud Sandberg-Cubs Topps 'trophy' reminds me and everyone else why I might garner a terrific Cubs-cufflinks set, perhaps as a birthday-gift and it's why I consider my love of baseball cheering a reflection of what generally makes modern sports spirits so pronouncedly...democratic!

ryne2.jpg

Baseball isn't my only hobby, as I'm also a great fan of Alien media and sci-fi horror media (comics, cinema, cards, creatures!). I like the idea of 'foreign' imagination catering to forms of Earth-life and intuition that builds my sense of living consciousness. It's a media-world now, and these 'relic-trophies' of what makes media-entertainment so 'human' reminds everyone of the value of democracy, right?

ryne4.jpg

Perhaps all this 'iconography' surrounding the spirit and colors of self-made imagination through imagery and cartoons and cards and video-game oriented 'dance' reminds the youthful mind of the great ideations of folk-diary, and my Sandberg-Topps 'diamond' invokes my memories of my other childhood pastimes, really.

doodles3.jpg

"How can you not be romantic about baseball" (Moneyball).

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Forum List

Back