A Couple Of "thoughts" On The Islamic State

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Just thinking out loud here...

... this "Jihadi John" guy apparently is the one who is beheading people. To what end, I wonder? Surely he knows the West is going to react, that what he's doing is pissing off and motivating a lot of people. Does he think that our military response can be defeated by 31,000 psychopaths?

... I wonder what the rest of ISIS thinks of him. I wonder if he's a loose cannon or if they agree with him. One guy with a video camera and internet access doesn't necessarily speak for all of them. He's inviting a shitload of trouble, and surely they know it.

... I also wonder if/when the people there turn against these animals. The first, and fairly easy, thing that could happen is they could rat out these guys when they have a chance. They can't beat them with guns obviously, but the people can be used for intelligence.

I heard some early chatter that ISIS leadership was not supportive of the Foley murder....but now as the murders continue...one wonders about the strategy. Still no bombs on Syria.

Actually, the guy is a one man recruiter for the ISIL cause.

The people of the Middle East are sick and tired of western intervention into their lands.

Over the last two decades, hundreds of thousands of muslims have been killed, constant invasions, bombings, dronings, puppet dictators installed and given weapons, sanctions, etc.

Now here comes group that says "F**K You" to the infidel secular western nations.

The average middle east muslim may not agree with their methods......but they applaud someone finally standing up for them........ the common man.

I can't blame the average Muslim on the street for looking at America's military behavior on their land and being angry.

Angry probably isn't a strong enough word.

At the same time, I wonder if there are enough moderate voices to put a dent in the further spread of this ideology.

The people of the Middle East are sick and tired of western intervention into their lands.

Over the last two decades, hundreds of thousands of muslims have been killed, constant invasions, bombings, dronings, puppet dictators installed and given weapons, sanctions, etc.

Now here comes group that says "F**K You" to the infidel secular western nations.

The average middle east muslim may not agree with their methods......but they applaud someone finally standing up for them........ the common man.

And maybe, just maybe the western nations may just say F*CK YOU back. :) BAM!!

Do you have some names of puppets installed? If so, Maliki was a very defective puppet...or his master was.

Which could, in the long run, just make everything worse.

Surely we know where the ISIS headquarters or training camps are. For every beheading, we take out 500 ISIS members minimum.

If I was a hostage, just waiting for my time for the beheading, I'd be praying for those bombings, hoping I would be in the mix. I'd rather go that way without my head cut off!

The people of the middle east already had a dynamic culture in place a thousand's of years before the West came along and told them they needed; democracy, women's rights, secular government, gay rights, etc.

Which were all foreign concepts being forced upon them at the end of a gun barrel. ... :cool:

Surely we know where the ISIS headquarters or training camps are. For every beheading, we take out 500 ISIS members minimum.

If I was a hostage, just waiting for my time for the beheading, I'd be praying for those bombings, hoping I would be in the mix. I'd rather go that way without my head cut off!

Yeah, I'm assuming that at some point we'll have enough intelligence in there and enough citizens willing to rat them out, so that we can find places where they gather like cockroaches.

Seems to me we need to get that kind of momentum, and that could tip the scales.

I can't blame the average Muslim on the street for looking at America's military behavior on their land and being angry.

At the same time, I wonder if there are enough moderate voices to put a dent in the further spread of this ideology.

You mean the building we did in Iraq or the bringing of freedom and their first elections. Not sure which you are talking about. Granted we never should have gone in there in the first place, but we lost many american men giving them what they never had before. It was up to them to keep it.

Perhaps they would have rather just kept Saddam Hussein. I don't understand Muslims and their strange laws. I prefer America. Which makes me wonder, why do they come here?

The people of the middle east already had a dynamic culture in place a thousand's of years before the West came along and told them they needed; democracy, women's rights, secular government, gay rights, etc.

Which were all foreign concepts being forced upon them at the end of a gun barrel. ... :cool:

Why do so many of them come here for the very same laws and rights?

Yeah, I'm assuming that at some point we'll have enough intelligence in there and enough citizens willing to rat them out, so that we can find places where they gather like cockroaches.

Seems to me we need to get that kind of momentum, and that could tip the scales.

Thirty thousand is hard to hide.

We can chat over the beheading this morning over a hot coffee and from afar.

But somewhere in the world today, a drone will strike and wipe out a wedding party or family who has maybe just maybe has an uncle who maybe just maybe has a tie to a radical Islamic group.

If we can't understand why Mohammed and Mary Six Pack hate our guts with a passion we're bloody well daft.

You mean the building we did in Iraq or the bringing of freedom and their first elections. Not sure which you are talking about. Granted we never should have gone in there in the first place, but we lost many american men giving them what they never had before. It was up to them to keep it.

Perhaps they would have rather just kept Saddam Hussein. I don't understand Muslims and their strange laws. I prefer America. Which makes me wonder, why do they come here?

We continually invade and occupy their land without an invitation.

We continually meddle in their political affairs.

Hundreds of thousands of Muslims have died as the result of wars in which we have been a participant.

Would we like it if others did that to us, regardless of their reason?

Thirty thousand is hard to hide.

It's a helluva lot tougher when they don't wear uniforms, they use people as human shields, and you cannot tell by looking at anyone there who is on your side and who is not until they're shooting at you.

But somewhere in the world today, a drone will strike and wipe out a wedding party or family who has maybe just maybe has an uncle who maybe just maybe has a tie to a radical Islamic group.

If we can't understand why Mohammed and Mary Six Pack hate our guts with a passion we're bloody well daft.
For 2 decades we have been wrecking military havoc throughout the middle east and the situation has only gotten worse.

You would think by now our government leaders would finally wake up and say, "Hey guys, I think we need a new strategy?" .. :cool:

I doubt priority targets would be weddings when ISIS headquarters and training camps are possibly holding the leaders and several hundred ISIS members. They are #1.

Why do so many of them come here for the very same laws and rights?

Glad you brought this up. There are millions of moderate Muslims with moderate voices. One has to be willing to listen to hear those voices though.

Forum List

Back