A Consumerism Dream-Speech: Pro-Media Theology?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a 'vigilance-themed' fictional 'commander-speech' delivered by a leader addressing his devoted 'pedestrian soldiers' about the terrible media-culture war they fought through and the promise of comforting commerce they can look forward to in a new age of labor-achieved sanity. This fictional pro-consumerism 'speech' was inspired by Shakespeare's Henry V, and I adapted it to create a modernism pro-capitalism 'painting' of 'consumerism idealism'.

Do you feel inspired by the overtly capitalism-oriented qualities of our arguably 'commerce-politicized' TrumpUSA?

I'm trying to decide if I should feel like I need to keep pace or think idealistically about 'yellow journalism.'

In other words, what kind of a perspective cheers you up about consumerism? I personally find 'culture-storytelling' to be very rewarding from a humanist angle, which is why I'm a fan of relevant modern-day American films such as The Founder, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, and Argo.

There's no reason capitalism/consumerism can't be for the proletariat (what do you think?)...

====

"I know I've been very descriptive and relentless about mission details regarding this terrible 'Media War of Capital Troubles' (as the journalists have termed the struggle). As you know, I've been on your case, since this struggle required every objective-trained recruit to focus on the awesome magnitude of the human scope of the troubles --- how the media compels citizens to literally feel 'hysterical' about democracy-advocacy, how CNN seems maddening in its coverage of TrumpUSA-related activities in Syria and Iran and how such coverage is reaching the everyday consumerism-minded American citizen, and finally, how coordinating goals with training requires ultra-high sensitivity to mission-detailing as well as mission-consciousness.

Now that this terrible 'Media War of Capital Troubles' is at long last subsiding (thanks to the incredible work of all you devoted 'vigilant patriot-soldiers' constantly evaluating the psycho-sociological impact of media errors and their role in trade-controversies regarding NATO, the European Union, Wall Street, etc.), we can start to unwind and think about what you achieved and how we can all go home with ribbons of honor (which we've all earned in some way or another).

In the field, you were required to shoot first and ask questions later, and as your Commander General, I had no patience for hesitancy, fear, or even doubt, be you a public media icon 'diplomat' such as Tom Cruise or a field-drone media 'advocate' such as Hillary Clinton. You were recruited, trained, and instructed to fight and you did so, and that is what I will remember. Internal problems regarding power-struggles, personal rage, civil disputes, and even domestic unrest were indeed hellish, but you got through it and earned ice-cream treats. You know that the whole rationale for this 'Media War of Capital Troubles' was constant evaluation of commerce and consumerism-related intelligence and the 'politics of culture' (e.g., Facebook, Wall Street, Hong Kong, the EU, the World Bank, Al Jazeera, CNN, QVC, etc., etc., etc.), which is why we had to often be unforgiving of 'traffic-frailties' and why we felt grateful to have a capitalism-baron be elected as U.S. President (Donald Trump!).

So as we recoil and relax and unwind and reflect, we can allow ourselves to think about how we flourished and accomplished the necessary diplomatic and vigilance tasks in order for the American people to feel truly 'touched' by our devotion to capitalism ideals as the relate to the defense of democracy. We can think about how various films in pop-culture such as Mad Max: Fury Road (Tom Hardy/Charlize Theron), Lions for Lambs (Tom Cruise/Meryl Streep), and Miracle (Kurt Russell) enabled all of us to feel more optimistic about the 'cultural direction' of this new 'bazaar-driven' political landscape and how it touches every 'pedestrian aspect' of citizens' lives (e.g., Facebook, eTrade, NASDAQ, and NSA's cyber-command).

You can feel more comfortable thinking that your Commander General is relieved that you saw everything through despite the calamity and scope of the daunting task(s) we faced. Sometimes it felt like the only sanity was in pure anxiety, so I commend you for your ability to stay the course through thick-and-thin (e.g., Saturday-evening panic sessions popping Tylenol Sleep and worrying about the direction of the NYSE and Trump's policies in Europe in the first months of his commerce-focused presidency). Consider me to be like the Hollywood actor George Clooney, a man who portrayed a stalwart-general in the war-gripped film The Thin Red Line but also a thoughtful part-time dad in the life-reconciliation film One Fine Day. I will be the taskmaster you remember as your unpardoning general and now the 'BBQ big brother' you feel more comfortable relying on as 'bedtime-story preacher.'

So enjoy your summer and look more idealistically towards how all your hard work enables you to actually buy the products you defended as democracy and capitalism 'diplomats/advocates/soldiers/leaders' and unwind to the cool sounds of Pandora, VH1, and YouTube.

God bless you!"

====

poster (2).png

Forum List

Back