A child occupies the White House — and the world knows it

Let the truth be told!

This lady should know about presidents.

By Patti Davis
December 17 at 3:34 PM

Patti Davis is the author, most recently, of the novel “The Earth Breaks in Colors” and the daughter of Ronald and Nancy Reagan.

Lately, I’ve been looking at home movies and photographs of my childhood years; I’m working on a documentary about my family’s life before politics claimed us. A time before the world moved in. There is something transformative about looking back at your parents when they were younger than you are now and seeing yourself as a small child gazing up at them, reaching for their hands. It resonates in some deep part of us — they were the first adults we knew, and we relied on them to lead us into a big unfamiliar world. We didn’t know that generations whispered behind us. We didn’t know the pull of ancestry or the fears and doubts that may have trailed our parents throughout their lives. We only knew we were supposed to hold their hands and trust them to keep us from falling.

There is an inherently parental role to being president of the United States. The person holding that office is supposed to know more than we do about dangers facing the country and the world, and is entrusted with making the appropriate decisions to keep us safe and secure. The president is supposed to keep us from falling. What happens when the president is the biggest child in the room — any room? It upends the natural order of things as surely as if a child’s parents started throwing tantrums and talking like a second-grader.

I’m not sure the country has fully comprehended the damage being done by a president who misbehaves so frequently, it’s a news story when he doesn’t. Globally, the United States has lost its power, its aura of seriousness and decisiveness that once made autocrats hesitate before crossing us. Now we are a country that can’t seem to stand up to a ruler who orders the murder and dismemberment of a dissident who was a legal U.S. resident or call out Russia’s intrusion into America’s democratic process. Children know how to scream and sulk; they don’t know how to take control and restore order. They don’t know how to plot out a responsible position and then act on it. A child occupies the White House, and the world knows it.

Opinion | A child occupies the White House — and the world knows it
She's right, nothing new here. The president is a babyman. He is as devoid of morals, ethics, class, and knowledge as is a 2 year old. He does not reason out his positions or comments, and rules mean nothing to him. He is a global embarrassment, and we will be digging out from under it for a while.

And rent-free in your head 24/7 365.

iu

Last edited:
Let the truth be told!

This lady should know about presidents.

By Patti Davis
December 17 at 3:34 PM

Patti Davis is the author, most recently, of the novel “The Earth Breaks in Colors” and the daughter of Ronald and Nancy Reagan.

Lately, I’ve been looking at home movies and photographs of my childhood years; I’m working on a documentary about my family’s life before politics claimed us. A time before the world moved in. There is something transformative about looking back at your parents when they were younger than you are now and seeing yourself as a small child gazing up at them, reaching for their hands. It resonates in some deep part of us — they were the first adults we knew, and we relied on them to lead us into a big unfamiliar world. We didn’t know that generations whispered behind us. We didn’t know the pull of ancestry or the fears and doubts that may have trailed our parents throughout their lives. We only knew we were supposed to hold their hands and trust them to keep us from falling.

There is an inherently parental role to being president of the United States. The person holding that office is supposed to know more than we do about dangers facing the country and the world, and is entrusted with making the appropriate decisions to keep us safe and secure. The president is supposed to keep us from falling. What happens when the president is the biggest child in the room — any room? It upends the natural order of things as surely as if a child’s parents started throwing tantrums and talking like a second-grader.

I’m not sure the country has fully comprehended the damage being done by a president who misbehaves so frequently, it’s a news story when he doesn’t. Globally, the United States has lost its power, its aura of seriousness and decisiveness that once made autocrats hesitate before crossing us. Now we are a country that can’t seem to stand up to a ruler who orders the murder and dismemberment of a dissident who was a legal U.S. resident or call out Russia’s intrusion into America’s democratic process. Children know how to scream and sulk; they don’t know how to take control and restore order. They don’t know how to plot out a responsible position and then act on it. A child occupies the White House, and the world knows it.

Opinion | A child occupies the White House — and the world knows it
She's right, nothing new here. The president is a babyman. He is as devoid of morals, ethics, class, and knowledge as is a 2 year old. He does not reason out his positions or comments, and rules mean nothing to him. He is a global embarrassment, and we will be digging out from under it for a while.

The "nothing new here" part is that Trump is actually doing an incredible job with the economy...you liberal bedwetters don't know what to do because he IS succeeding...so you accuse him of being "insane", "immoral", "devoid of morals" and a "criminal"! It's all you've got. You're going to spend the next two years attacking him non stop while you pray that something happens to derail the economy before a vast majority of the population comes to the realization that you progressives don't have any ideas that will make their lives better. You've got your usual "hand outs" to buy votes and you've got a plan to flood the country with refugees that will vote Democratic. That isn't a plan to make America great...that's a plan to keep Democrats in power while you destroy everything that made this country great.

There used to be a time when the "press" simply reported what took place in the world. Now the "press" seems to feel that THEY are the news and whatever their views on issues are takes precedence over any journalistic ethics to be fair and balanced. It's why so many people don't trust the "press" any further than they can throw them!

Yep, Once upon a time... in Goober La-la-land.

Now, the "press" irks you and the ever-so-fragile Trumpy, and your rage knows no bounds.

There is not, and never has there been, an journalistic ethics standard to be described as "fair and balanced". That's just Faux Gnus pablum you credulously, mindlessly re-bleat. The press rather adheres to standards of accuracy, and that's why you need to come up with your slanderous lies about the press.

As to the many people who don't trust the media, that's mostly Republicans, you know, the Faux Gnus marks, who, just like you, won't suffer any accurate reporting that inevitably fails to pander to your resentments and your allegiance to a mendacious baby in the White House.

I would have made my 6 year old stand in the corner in "time out" for doing what Trump does on a daily basis, especially with his thinly veiled obscenities on Twitter.

Forum List

Back