Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Let the truth be told!

This lady should know about presidents.

A child occupies the White House — and the world knows it

By Patti Davis
December 17 at 3:34 PM

Patti Davis is the author, most recently, of the novel “The Earth Breaks in Colors” and the daughter of Ronald and Nancy Reagan.

Lately, I’ve been looking at home movies and photographs of my childhood years; I’m working on a documentary about my family’s life before politics claimed us. A time before the world moved in. There is something transformative about looking back at your parents when they were younger than you are now and seeing yourself as a small child gazing up at them, reaching for their hands. It resonates in some deep part of us — they were the first adults we knew, and we relied on them to lead us into a big unfamiliar world. We didn’t know that generations whispered behind us. We didn’t know the pull of ancestry or the fears and doubts that may have trailed our parents throughout their lives. We only knew we were supposed to hold their hands and trust them to keep us from falling.

There is an inherently parental role to being president of the United States. The person holding that office is supposed to know more than we do about dangers facing the country and the world, and is entrusted with making the appropriate decisions to keep us safe and secure. The president is supposed to keep us from falling. What happens when the president is the biggest child in the room — any room? It upends the natural order of things as surely as if a child’s parents started throwing tantrums and talking like a second-grader.

I’m not sure the country has fully comprehended the damage being done by a president who misbehaves so frequently, it’s a news story when he doesn’t. Globally, the United States has lost its power, its aura of seriousness and decisiveness that once made autocrats hesitate before crossing us. Now we are a country that can’t seem to stand up to a ruler who orders the murder and dismemberment of a dissident who was a legal U.S. resident or call out Russia’s intrusion into America’s democratic process. Children know how to scream and sulk; they don’t know how to take control and restore order. They don’t know how to plot out a responsible position and then act on it. A child occupies the White House, and the world knows it.

Opinion | A child occupies the White House — and the world knows it

Pretty obvious that she didn't inherit much of her father's genes. Ronaldus Magnus would have spanked the hell out of her for that.

Pretty obvious that she didn't inherit much of her father's genes. Ronaldus Magnus would have spanked the hell out of her for that.

I doubt that.

I could almost guarantee Reagan would have opposed Trump.

still better than hillary
still better than obammy

Patti Davis has always been a member of the raving lunatic left, so nothing she says has any consequence. Pretty much everything she's been involved with since the George Bush era, has been an insult to the legacy of her father.

DurE7uoX4AEEHY7.jpg

Let the truth be told!

By Patti Davis

Patti Davis is the author, most recently, of the novel “The Earth Breaks in Colors” and the daughter of Ronald and Nancy Reagan.

Lately, I’ve been looking at home movies and photographs of my childhood years; I’m working on a documentary about my family’s life before politics claimed us. A time before the world moved in. There is something transformative about looking back at your parents when they were younger than you are now and seeing yourself as a small child gazing up at them, reaching for their hands. It resonates in some deep part of us — they were the first adults we knew, and we relied on them to lead us into a big unfamiliar world. We didn’t know that generations whispered behind us. We didn’t know the pull of ancestry or the fears and doubts that may have trailed our parents throughout their lives. We only knew we were supposed to hold their hands and trust them to keep us from falling.

There is an inherently parental role to being president of the United States. The person holding that office is supposed to know more than we do about dangers facing the country and the world, and is entrusted with making the appropriate decisions to keep us safe and secure. The president is supposed to keep us from falling. What happens when the president is the biggest child in the room — any room? It upends the natural order of things as surely as if a child’s parents started throwing tantrums and talking like a second-grader.

I’m not sure the country has fully comprehended the damage being done by a president who misbehaves so frequently, it’s a news story when he doesn’t. Globally, the United States has lost its power, its aura of seriousness and decisiveness that once made autocrats hesitate before crossing us. Now we are a country that can’t seem to stand up to a ruler who orders the murder and dismemberment of a dissident who was a legal U.S. resident or call out Russia’s intrusion into America’s democratic process. Children know how to scream and sulk; they don’t know how to take control and restore order. They don’t know how to plot out a responsible position and then act on it. A child occupies the White House, and the world knows it.

Translation:
“My father was a nutless bipartisan bitch...he may have committed the greatest act of treason this nation has ever seen...he allowed Mexicrats to bully him into giving millions of wetbacks access to the checking accounts of good Americans, he essentially ruined this country with one signature by signing the 1986 Amnesty Bill. Donald Trump should be as nutless as my father was.”

Let the truth be told!

By Patti Davis

When you elect a clown, expect a circus.

Let the truth be told!

By Patti Davis

I hate to break this to you, IM2...but Patty Davis has always been the idiot child of the Reagan clan and saw little eye to eye with her father. She's used her status as a Reagan to get paid for writing a lot of things that went counter to what her father believed in...and she got paid by left leaning publications BECAUSE of who her father was. She's always cashed in...whether it was posing for Playboy...or writing anti conservative articles. It's who she is...it's what she does!

Da Donald's house of cards is crumbling in front of him OP.

It's a beautiful thing to behold

As expected, all the trumpeteers are lining up trying their best to make excuses for the failure of the president they support.

I am not defending some of his behavior, but... Patti Davis? The little girl that never grew up? Sadly, most of her escapades have been wiped from the internet. She was a radical liberal that ran with what they label it as the “anti-nuclear” crowd today, drugged to the max, had an affair with her teacher that was married with kids, at age 17, for 2 years. Wrote in her own biography what a good liar she is. Posed in playboy at 41, more at 58. Yeah, she is calling Trump a child.

Want to see how she hurt her parents with her lies?
Reagan’s estranged daughter, who hated him, says parents would have approved redefining marriage

Forum List

Back