A case for securing our borders

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
There have been many examples recently of why our borders need to be attended to with more vigor than the usual election year talk. I thought I would add one more reason.

Phoenix – On The J.D Hayworth show on 550 KFYI, Mark Spencer, President of The Phoenix Law Enforcement Association, dropped a bombshell when he said that on Sunday night/early Monday morning, a group of at least 5 men, invaded a home, shot 50-100 rounds, killing a man, and planned to ambush Phoenix police officers if needed.

“Subsequent information from the suspects JD (Hayworth) revealed that yes they were indeed planning ambushing our guys (police) out there, but the only reason they did not was because they failed to manage their ammunition,” Spencer said.

The men were in full tactical gear wearing black boots, military pants, as well as AR-15 guns, ballistic helmets while also donning Phoenix Police Raid Shirts.

“They admitted, at least one did, they were Mexican military and they were coming into the United States with full tactical gear to conduct raids and home invasions on whether it be drug dealers or stash houses,” Spencer added.

Documents and internal memos confirm this information along with Spencer’s interview.

At least two more suspects are still at large.

IMO it's high time that our borders are and the immigration issue is attended to in a professional manner, before even more Americans have to suffer.

Bring the troops home and put them on the Mexican border.

I am not kidding.

Our porous border is a much bigger security threat than 50 guys in a cave in Pakistan.

There have been many examples recently of why our borders need to be attended to with more vigor than the usual election year talk. I thought I would add one more reason.

Phoenix – On The J.D Hayworth show on 550 KFYI, Mark Spencer, President of The Phoenix Law Enforcement Association, dropped a bombshell when he said that on Sunday night/early Monday morning, a group of at least 5 men, invaded a home, shot 50-100 rounds, killing a man, and planned to ambush Phoenix police officers if needed.

“Subsequent information from the suspects JD (Hayworth) revealed that yes they were indeed planning ambushing our guys (police) out there, but the only reason they did not was because they failed to manage their ammunition,” Spencer said.

The men were in full tactical gear wearing black boots, military pants, as well as AR-15 guns, ballistic helmets while also donning Phoenix Police Raid Shirts.

“They admitted, at least one did, they were Mexican military and they were coming into the United States with full tactical gear to conduct raids and home invasions on whether it be drug dealers or stash houses,” Spencer added.

Documents and internal memos confirm this information along with Spencer’s interview.

At least two more suspects are still at large.

IMO it's high time that our borders are and the immigration issue is attended to in a professional manner, before even more Americans have to suffer.
I read somewhere they are having a big drug war down there, and they have been finding groups of men decapitated especially near Chinicha(spelled wrong I am sure) and that area because it is like a drug highway from Columbia and then up to the US. I am not surprised it has made it to the US and I also heard they raided a cartel in Jaurez I believe, they are probably in a power struggle now!

Last edited:
It appears that ICE is refuting the claim that they are Mexican Military.

KFYI - "The Valley's Talk Station"

I submit DMan it really doesn't matter if they were members of the Mexican Military or not, the very fact they were geared up as they were was a strong case for securing the border. I suspect with all the drug wars over territory over the border and smuggling, these guys were most likely members of some gang that was in volved on one of the two of those enterprises. However, thats just speculation, again it doesn't matter as the mere fact these men showed a willingness to do more than just pull out your everyday glock 23 and go to work, shows a need for addressing our border problems.

I read somewhere they are having a big drug war down there, and they have been finding groups of men decapitated especially near Chinicha(spelled wrong I am sure) and that area because it is like a drug highway from Columbia and then up to the US. I am not surprised it has made it to the US and I also heard they raided a cartel in Jaurez I believe, they are probably in a power struggle now!

Your correct Luissa , there are wars in Mexico over territory and drugs going on all across the border states. Kidnapping has become a cottage industry there and it won't be long before that industry will become epidemic in this country as well. Again, my contention is the borders need to be attended too with the same vigor that we would as a nation look after any national security issue and not keep using it as an election year excuse to draw votes.

I submit DMan it really doesn't matter if they were members of the Mexican Military or not, the very fact they were geared up as they were was a strong case for securing the border. I suspect with all the drug wars over territory over the border and smuggling, these guys were most likely members of some gang that was in volved on one of the two of those enterprises. However, thats just speculation, again it doesn't matter as the mere fact these men showed a willingness to do more than just pull out your everyday glock 23 and go to work, shows a need for addressing our border problems.
You are right on that! I think they have an all out drug war right now! But the fact they did not plan to well I would say they are low men of the cartel. For one I have heard they have been having problems moving drugs from Columbia through Mexico towards the US. Plus also with them busting a big cartel recently one has to think that was more to take out the competition near the border. They need to be worrying about these guys more then some migrant worker crossing the border.

We've been raided by MEXICO before...

Thats very true, and the US Military did send an expedition to go after Pancho Villa as well after his little jaunt into New Mexico.

In 1916 he raided Columbus, New Mexico. This act provoked the unsuccessful Punitive Expedition commanded by General John J. Pershing, which failed to capture Villa after a year in pursuit. Villa and his supporters, known as Villistas, employed tactics such as propaganda and firing squads against his enemies, and seized hacienda land for distribution to peasants and soldiers. He robbed and commandeered trains, and, like the other Revolutionary generals, printed fiat money to pay for his cause. Villa's generalship was noted for the speed of its movement of troops (by railroad), the use of an elite cavalry unit called Los dorados ("the golden ones") (for which he earned the nickname El Centauro del Norte (The Centaur of the North)), artillery attacks, and recruitment of the enlisted soldiers of defeated enemy units. Many of Villa's tactics and strategies were adopted by later 20th century revolutionaries.

Blackjack Pershing couldn't find his ass if somebody had given him a map.

Good thing the German lines didn't move or he'd still be in Europe trying to find the Hun.

Villa is still considered one of the brightest moments in Mexicos sad history.

I was just noting that this report existed. I agree. I think we should line the border with infrared, motion activated, machine guns similar to this --> [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in6IJCngYng]YouTube - The Power of a Helicopter Machine Gun[/ame]

You want to secure the border? Simple.....here's how......

First, ever 25-50 miles, have a border station barracks equipped with 10-25 men each. For the first outfitting of the stations, man them up with returning Iraq vets, I mean....they've got the security experience already, and know how to patrol.

Set the barracks up with a rotation of 2 - 3 crews/station. Let them work 1 week on, 1 week of (port/starboard rotation), or 1 on, 2 off (3 section duty).

Every 5th border station or so, have that barracks equipped with a Predator drone (you realize they can patrol up to 250 miles). When the drone sees activity on the border, deploy agents from the closest station to investigate. Every so often, have the drones outfitted as one of the Reaper type drones (the ones with weapons pods), so that if back up is required, it can be sent quickly.

After the initial setup is laid out with returning troops, tell the immigrants that if they do a 4 year hitch on the Border Patrol, they will be given full citizenship. During that 4 year hitch, they will be required to be fluent in English, as well as learn our laws and political system. Off-duty time can be used for education.

Now, the really good thing about this plan, is that we have the manpower (returning vets), we have the equipment, all we need is the political will.

But.....ain't gonna happen.....Bush Jr. is too deep in NAFTA.

First, ever 25-50 miles, have a border station barracks equipped with 10-25 men each. For the first outfitting of the stations, man them up with returning Iraq vets, I mean....they've got the security experience already, and know how to patrol.

Set the barracks up with a rotation of 2 - 3 crews/station. Let them work 1 week on, 1 week of (port/starboard rotation), or 1 on, 2 off (3 section duty).

Every 5th border station or so, have that barracks equipped with a Predator drone (you realize they can patrol up to 250 miles). When the drone sees activity on the border, deploy agents from the closest station to investigate. Every so often, have the drones outfitted as one of the Reaper type drones (the ones with weapons pods), so that if back up is required, it can be sent quickly.

After the initial setup is laid out with returning troops, tell the immigrants that if they do a 4 year hitch on the Border Patrol, they will be given full citizenship. During that 4 year hitch, they will be required to be fluent in English, as well as learn our laws and political system. Off-duty time can be used for education.

Now, the really good thing about this plan, is that we have the manpower (returning vets), we have the equipment, all we need is the political will.

That is the key isn't it, political will it's like I said before Sailor, you have too many people willing to use this as a campaign issue year after year to do much about it.

only one problem with that

Obama isnt bringing the troops home

oh, and if you think he is any more for securing our borders than McCain, you are delusional

McStupid is more for open borders than Obama.

Remember, when it comes to NAFTA, McStupid follows Bush Jr.

And.....DiveCon.....if you had bothered to look, we've been at war for a lot longer than a year or two, there are vets from Iraq right now, living in the street, who would be grateful for a job where they could feel like they belonged to something. Trust me dude, there are already more than enough returned vets to get started.

McStupid is more for open borders than Obama.

Remember, when it comes to NAFTA, McStupid follows Bush Jr.

And.....DiveCon.....if you had bothered to look, we've been at war for a lot longer than a year or two, there are vets from Iraq right now, living in the street, who would be grateful for a job where they could feel like they belonged to something. Trust me dude, there are already more than enough returned vets to get started.
ah, so you are talking about those no longer in the military

That is the key isn't it, political will it's like I said before Sailor, you have too many people willing to use this as a campaign issue year after year to do much about it.

Who?

Ted K and Bush II were on the same page about illegal immigration, remember?

Forum List

Back