A case for securing our borders

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by Navy1960, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    There have been many examples recently of why our borders need to be attended to with more vigor than the usual election year talk. I thought I would add one more reason.

Phoenix – On The J.D Hayworth show on 550 KFYI, Mark Spencer, President of The Phoenix Law Enforcement Association, dropped a bombshell when he said that on Sunday night/early Monday morning, a group of at least 5 men, invaded a home, shot 50-100 rounds, killing a man, and planned to ambush Phoenix police officers if needed.

“Subsequent information from the suspects JD (Hayworth) revealed that yes they were indeed planning ambushing our guys (police) out there, but the only reason they did not was because they failed to manage their ammunition,” Spencer said.

The men were in full tactical gear wearing black boots, military pants, as well as AR-15 guns, ballistic helmets while also donning Phoenix Police Raid Shirts.

“They admitted, at least one did, they were Mexican military and they were coming into the United States with full tactical gear to conduct raids and home invasions on whether it be drug dealers or stash houses,” Spencer added.

Documents and internal memos confirm this information along with Spencer’s interview.

At least two more suspects are still at large.

IMO it's high time that our borders are and the immigration issue is attended to in a professional manner, before even more Americans have to suffer.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. DManInAZ

DManInAZ Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
  3. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Bring the troops home and put them on the Mexican border.

I am not kidding.

Our porous border is a much bigger security threat than 50 guys in a cave in Pakistan.

4. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
  5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    yes!

6. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,644

:clap2:

7. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    I read somewhere they are having a big drug war down there, and they have been finding groups of men decapitated especially near Chinicha(spelled wrong I am sure) and that area because it is like a drug highway from Columbia and then up to the US. I am not surprised it has made it to the US and I also heard they raided a cartel in Jaurez I believe, they are probably in a power struggle now!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  8. indago

indago VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    We've been raided by MEXICO before...

9. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I submit DMan it really doesn't matter if they were members of the Mexican Military or not, the very fact they were geared up as they were was a strong case for securing the border. I suspect with all the drug wars over territory over the border and smuggling, these guys were most likely members of some gang that was in volved on one of the two of those enterprises. However, thats just speculation, again it doesn't matter as the mere fact these men showed a willingness to do more than just pull out your everyday glock 23 and go to work, shows a need for addressing our border problems.

10. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Your correct Luissa , there are wars in Mexico over territory and drugs going on all across the border states. Kidnapping has become a cottage industry there and it won't be long before that industry will become epidemic in this country as well. Again, my contention is the borders need to be attended too with the same vigor that we would as a nation look after any national security issue and not keep using it as an election year excuse to draw votes.