A case for securing our borders

ah, so you are talking about those no longer in the military

What part of "vet" do you not get dude? Are you that dumb? "Vet" is short for "veteran" which means someone who HAS been in.

And yes, why not employ them? They've already proven their dedication to this country by being willing to go overseas and get shot in a fucked up war.

What part of "vet" do you not get dude? Are you that dumb? "Vet" is short for "veteran" which means someone who HAS been in.

And yes, why not employ them? They've already proven their dedication to this country by being willing to go overseas and get shot in a fucked up war.
i'm on the same page with you on this issue
you should stop attacking for a change

but neither McCain nor Obama will do this
you really need to understand that this issue is already lost for this election cycle

Who?

Ted K and Bush II were on the same page about illegal immigration, remember?

I would not know where to being with that question edit, you have people on both sides of this issue, One side I like to call the round em all up side, and the other side I like to call the let em all in side. The interesting thing here is that it all turns into talk and no action. Look at the funding for the border fence if you think I am kidding, while the funding is in place how much of the fence has actually been built and you even have some towns saying they won't build the fence because they rely too much on immigrant labor. Again, my case is a very simple one, and that is is securing the borders a National Security issue, and if so, then give it the attention it deserves.

I would not know where to being with that question edit, you have people on both sides of this issue, One side I like to call the round em all up side, and the other side I like to call the let em all in side. The interesting thing here is that it all turns into talk and no action. Look at the funding for the border fence if you think I am kidding, while the funding is in place how much of the fence has actually been built and you even have some towns saying they won't build the fence because they rely too much on immigrant labor. Again, my case is a very simple one, and that is is securing the borders a National Security issue, and if so, then give it the attention it deserves.

I think this lame attempt to placate the American people yielded around 700 miles of fence for funding, and around 200 miles have been built.

That's the figures I heard.

Just curious. Did these people turn out to be illegals? It isn't clear from the articles posted.

Yes they were Ravi, as I mentioned in an earlier post, IMO these people and many like them are involved in all these drug wars that are going on just south of the border. It would not surpise me to find out they had some connection in Phoenix with drugs at all.

Yes they were Ravi, as I mentioned in an earlier post, IMO these people and many like them are involved in all these drug wars that are going on just south of the border. It would not surpise me to find out they had some connection in Phoenix with drugs at all.

Remember a little dude just a short while back named Cole Puffenbarger? He was kidnapped by Hispanics dressed up as police officers, for things that his grandfather did to cheat drug cartels.

Fortunately, he was found safe in Las Vegas.

I kinda think there is a drug connection also.

Remember a little dude just a short while back named Cole Puffenbarger? He was kidnapped by Hispanics dressed up as police officers, for things that his grandfather did to cheat drug cartels.

Fortunately, he was found safe in Las Vegas.

I kinda think there is a drug connection also.

I do remember that Sailor, I also believe that if the borders are not secured sooner the problems with police officers being killed, kidnappings and other things like you saw with Cole are going to keep increasing.

Okay, thanks Navy. I couldn't find anything about it on google.

Not to beat a dead horse, but wouldn't it be cheaper to legalize drugs?

Okay, thanks Navy. I couldn't find anything about it on google.

Not to beat a dead horse, but wouldn't it be cheaper to legalize drugs?

No and I will tell you why, IMO to legalize drugs while making it easily available for all it would also increase the number of people using drugs as well. This would have the effect of transferring all the costs currently that are spent on legal issues to medical issues, and rebuilding the terrible destruction that drugs bring on lives and families. Not to mention the increased crime associated with it, like property crimes to acquire drugs etc. So no IMHO to legalize drugs is a terrible idea that would only make it legitimate to destroy more American lives and families.

Get over yourself dude. NEITHER party is going to do shit and yours is as knee deep in guilt as the other. Notice how fast everytime this becomes an issue the GOVERNMENT -- not the Dems nor Republicans solely -- get it OFF the table?

He who come down on illegal immigration will alienate the Hispanic American vote, so NEITHER side is going to do jack shit. You blab about Bush and McCain, but your sock puppet ain't about going to do shit about it either so STFU with the partisan bullshit, huh?

I'd like to add that whoever said putting returning combat troops on the border (I didn't go back and look) might want to reconsider that. Combat troops aren't cops no matter how hard you try to make them do it. When in doubt, they are going to unload the mag.

I personally have no problem with that considering we are being unlawfully invaded by criminals, but we all KNOW which folks of the bleeding heart variety would be wailing like banshees until they were all hounded and put in prison for doing their jobs.

And what vet would WANT that job? How many years are those two Arizona cops in jail for because they bent some illegal's eyelashes?

I'd like to add that whoever said putting returning combat troops on the border (I didn't go back and look) might want to reconsider that. Combat troops aren't cops no matter how hard you try to make them do it. When in doubt, they are going to unload the mag.

I personally have no problem with that considering we are being unlawfully invaded by criminals, but we all KNOW which folks of the bleeding heart variety would be wailing like banshees until they were all hounded and put in prison for doing their jobs.

And what vet would WANT that job? How many years are those two Arizona cops in jail for because they bent some illegal's eyelashes?
I might be wrong but don't military men in at least the army patrol the texas border. I remember my ex talking about going there for six months to train for border patrol before he went to the DMZ. And I am pretty sure my friend Chris is also in the Army spent sometime on the border in Texas, he might actually still be there.

And do you know exactly who Gary Owen is, didn't they have units or camps whatever you call it named after him in Vietnam and Korea?

Last edited:
I might be wrong but don't military men in at least the army patrol the texas border. I remember my ex talking about going there for six months to train for border patrol before he went to the DMZ. And I am pretty sure my friend Chris is also in the Army spent sometime on the border in Texas, he might actually still be there.

And do you know exactly who Gary Owen is, didn't they have units or camps whatever you call it named after him in Vietnam and Korea?

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush, trying to build support for a major overhaul of the nation's tattered immigration laws, said Monday night he would order as many as 6,000 National Guard troops to secure the U.S. border with Mexico and urged Congress to give millions of illegal immigrants a chance at citizenship.

"We do not yet have full control of the border and I am determined to change that," the president said in a 17-minute prime-time address from the Oval Office.

Bush gave strong support to a plan that would give many of the 12 million illegal immigrants in the United States an eventual path to possible citizenship -- a move derided by some conservatives in his own Republican Party as amnesty. He rejected that term.

"It is neither wise nor realistic to round up millions of people, many with deep roots in the United States and send them across the border," he said. "There is a rational middle ground between granting an automatic path to citizenship for every illegal immigrant and a program of mass deportation."

The Guard troops would mostly serve two-week stints before rotating out of the assignment, so keeping the force level at 6,000 over the course of a year could require up to 156,000 troops.

Still, Bush insisted, "The United States is not going to militarize the southern border."

The White House wouldn't say how much the deployments would cost, but said the troops would paid for as part of $1.9 billion being requested from Congress to supplement border enforcement this year.

On Mexican Border, U.S. Military Low-Key : NPR

National Guard Luissa and here is the answer to your other question.

The 7th Cavalry Regiment is a United States Army cavalry regiment, whose lineage traces back to the mid-19th century. Its official nickname is "Garry Owen", in honor of the Irish drinking song Garryowen that was adopted as its march tune.

Garryowen is a geographical location in Ireland. It's also a tune adopted by the 7th Cavalry as it's official song in the 1870's. It became the offical song of the 1st Cavalry Division in 1981.

Legend of the Garryowen

So it's not a "who."

Reagan at one time had some Marines deployed with the Border Patrol, manning area recon positions. I heard some talk of Bush putting the Guard on the border but don't if he did or not.

Bush has so confused the command structure of Guard and Federal military it's not funny. The Guard actually belongs to the Governor of the State and used to be, the President had to ask formal permission to federalize it. Bush signed something a few years ago that basically said he can take them if he wants, Governor or no.

A decision I did not agree with.

Garryowen is a geographical location in Ireland. It's also a tune adopted by the 7th Cavalry as it's official song in the 1870's. It became the offical song of the 1st Cavalry Division in 1981.

Legend of the Garryowen

So it's not a "who."

Reagan at one time had some Marines deployed with the Border Patrol, manning area recon positions. I heard some talk of Bush putting the Guard on the border but don't if he did or not.

Bush has so confused the command structure of Guard and Federal military it's not funny. The Guard actually belongs to the Governor of the State and used to be, the President had to ask formal permission to federalize it. Bush signed something a few years ago that basically said he can take them if he wants, Governor or no.

Well that would explain it my friend is in the Guard!And on the border when he hasn't been to Irag which he has twice now!
And as for the Gary Owen, thanks and my ex was in the 7th Cav!

And I would have to agree with you on Bush! ANd I think they add support but beef up border patrol which is what they did in Washington which is the most patroled part of the US/ Canadian border due to drug trafficing.They for one added a lot more officers using horses and ATV's. And now you hardly see BC bud and our border I am sure with the mountains it is probably alittle harder to patrol.

Legend of the Garryowen

So it's not a "who."

but part of the fault of that has to go to Clinton and the congress during Clintons time
they so gutted the military the guard had to be used

Legend of the Garryowen

So it's not a "who."

Hey, me too!

And btw, I'm pretty sure using the federal military along the border is unconstitutional unless we are at war with those on the other side of the border. And last time I checked, we aren't at war with Mexico.

Understood, NAV.

I was responding to some idiot partisan who was attempting to make the case that the BORDER DEFENCE issue was a liberal V conservatives issue.

We BOTH know that the RNC and DNC are BOTH big supporters of FFREE TRADE AND illegal immigrants coming into this nation , yes?

Hence my continuing complaint that there is essantially no difference in parties when it comes to ECONOMIC issues.

They both seem intent on detroying the working class, in my opinion.

But the surge is working because why? Because they're COPS in Iraq.

Trying to turn this issue into a liberal v conservatives makes you look dumber than rock. BUSH II and Kennedy are both on the same page here or haven't you been paying attention?

Forum List

Back