A case for securing our borders

I'd like to add that whoever said putting returning combat troops on the border (I didn't go back and look) might want to reconsider that. Combat troops aren't cops no matter how hard you try to make them do it. When in doubt, they are going to unload the mag.

I personally have no problem with that considering we are being unlawfully invaded by criminals, but we all KNOW which folks of the bleeding heart variety would be wailing like banshees until they were all hounded and put in prison for doing their jobs.

And what vet would WANT that job? How many years are those two Arizona cops in jail for because they bent some illegal's eyelashes?

Wait a minute Gunny, I'm the one that posted that idea. However, considering that the government (as well as quite a few others) are saying that what we are doing over there is a form of police action (been quite a few people bitching about that on both sides), why in the hell WOULDN'T they be qualified for Border Patrol? Most of what we're doing in Baghdad is pretty much patrolling and police type actions, so, where's the problem? And no, most of the people I've served with would rather find out IF they needed to unload the mag.

And.....what the hell is wrong with using returning vets? They've got experience, have been tested, and know what they're doing! There are quite a few vets out there who are homeless because they can't find a job, and that is mostly because people who are against the war won't hire them.

Nope...I stand by my idea.

But.....you're right about one thing.....with the way that Bush Jr. has swiss cheesed the borders (remember when the president of Mexico was campaigning in Utah a while back), as well as the policies that have been put in place since then, border security will not become a reality until after the elections. You are correct on that one.

And.....I'm an Independent, so I blame BOTH sides for the fiasco.

How many of you that want the border secured have voted or will vote for Obama or McCain???? If you did or will then your action makes no sense at all.Both Obama and McCain are for amnesty for all illegals and not for securing the border.The only presidential candidate that is 100% against amnesty and will secure the border by using armed USA soldiers is Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party.He is also the only candidate that will pardon Ramos and Compean and is for repealing the birthright law. He is a true and patriotic American.As John Wayne used to say: "I see you talk the talk;but do you walk the walk?"

• Thanks
Reactions: PIM
How many of you that want the border secured have voted or will vote for Obama or McCain???? If you did or will then your action makes no sense at all.Both Obama and McCain are for amnesty for all illegals and not for securing the border.The only presidential candidate that is 100% against amnesty and will secure the border by using armed USA soldiers is Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party.He is also the only candidate that will pardon Ramos and Compean and is for repealing the birthright law. He is a true and patriotic American.As John Wayne used to say: "I see you talk the talk;but do you walk the walk?"
Chuck Baldwin has a ZERO chance of winning
it will be either Obama or McCain
i will vote for McCain even though i totally disagree with his position on the border

I believe it was Albert Einstein who said: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. The two parties will never secure the border and they will enact amnesty and our country will be lost!!!

I have said over and over again, build an electric fence.
250 mega watt plants can be built in less than 8 months.....not only will this create jobs for those building the plants, it will create jobs for those who would work as operators,a plant this size would employe about 50 full time employees. The cost to build and run an operation like this would be more cost effective than paying for the cost of the illegal.
1 plant every 200 miles would pump enough juice to keep the fence very HOT, and these plants would also be useful to local ranchers and farmers...and smaller towns for power production......The fence could be built like the ones in Jurasic Park..........sound crazy? Not when you think of the tax dollars it would generate and the savings on the cost of the illegal aliens.......................

It is our right as a country to exert supreme political and lawful authority over the territory under our control.

Those who don't like it should leave our country. Accept the country that accepted you! Legal or Leave, come the right way or don't come at all. The Latino immigrants don't want to Assimilate they want to take over!

Interesting.......maybe the fence could be used to transmit power to various towns too?
interesting, dual use
get the power companies to pay for its construction

thats quite an idea
also pass a law removing them from any7 liability

In Texas the fence is only in 12 mile increments. A fence for 12 miles and then no fence for 12 miles. Americans are protesting because their home are behind the fence. The fence is not on the border but miles into the United States sovereignty. Our government wouldn't make good ranchers, they'd build a 3 sided fence and wonder why the cows keep getting out. All politicians should be horsewhipped!

interesting, dual use
get the power companies to pay for its construction

thats quite an idea
also pass a law removing them from any7 liability
With some tax incentives from local and state gov'ts........ But in the long run it will be something needed in those areas anyway.. The same plants could be used to power fencing.........very simple , no rocket scientist needed to figure this out.............The savings on the cost of illegal aliens...........I can not understand how our gov't can say these illegals are good for us, we have millions of unemployed citizens,I have see citizens get turned away at jobs, and the very same day an illegal hired...............

I have said over and over again, build an electric fence.
250 mega watt plants can be built in less than 8 months.....not only will this create jobs for those building the plants, it will create jobs for those who would work as operators,a plant this size would employe about 50 full time employees. The cost to build and run an operation like this would be more cost effective than paying for the cost of the illegal.
1 plant every 200 miles would pump enough juice to keep the fence very HOT, and these plants would also be useful to local ranchers and farmers...and smaller towns for power production......The fence could be built like the ones in Jurasic Park..........sound crazy? Not when you think of the tax dollars it would generate and the savings on the cost of the illegal aliens.......................

Yeah, and an added plus would be that Sheriff Joe could feed "Fried Illegal" to the inmates in Tent City. Go Joe!

Time is Running Out for President to Free Border Agents

Posted by Bobby Eberle
November 11, 2008 at 7:28 am
>> Printer-Friendly Version

With a little over two months left in office, President Bush has the opportunity to right an incredible injustice. He has the constitutional power to pardon former Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean. Unlike President Clinton in his last days in office, who used pardons as political pay-back, President Bush should step forward and grant freedom to these agents who were doing their job protecting America.

For those how haven't followed this case, Agents Ramos and Compean shot an illegal alien as he was fleeing back to the Mexican border. The illegal alien, Osvaldo Aldrete Davila, was in the process of smuggling approximately a million dollars worth of marijuana into the U.S. What happened next has set the stage for President Bush to take action in his closing days as president.

Rather than being commended for protecting America's borders, U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton decided to prosecute the agents. Sutton granted Davila immunity in exchange for testimony. Sutton said the agents "shot 15 times at an unarmed, fleeing man." Sutton also claims that the agents "decided to lie about it, cover it up, destroy the evidence, pick up all the shell casings and throw them away where we couldn't find them, destroy the crime scene and then file a false report."

In a statement issued in January, 2007, Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) said that it was "irresponsible" to punish Agents Ramos and Compean with jail time.

"The Border Patrol is America's first line of defense against the constant and unrelenting efforts of drug and human smugglers to illegally enter the United States," said Congressman Hunter. "Agents Compean and Ramos fulfilled their responsibilities as Border Patrol agents and rightfully pursued a suspected and fleeing drug smuggler. It is irresponsible to punish them with jail time.

"The security situation on our Southern land border requires a strong law enforcement presence. This conviction demoralizes our nation's Border Patrol and sends a clear message that we are not serious about protecting our borders and enforcing our immigration laws."

Hunter's communications director, Joe Kasper, commented at the time that the facts of this case are "so nebulous" that the case represents a "severe injustice."

"Agents Ramos and Compean felt threatened and acted appropriately to apprehend the individual. At most, an administrative punishment is required but certainly not 11- and 12-year federal prison sentences."

As Ramos and Compean languish in prison, guess what happened to the illegal alien drug dealer... In November, 2007, Davila was arrested again for drug smuggling.

The Washington Times quotes T. J. Bonner, president of the National Border Patrol Council, as being critical with the timing of the indictment against Aldrete Davila.

"Osvaldo Aldrete Davila should have been prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for these felonies two years ago," said Mr. Bonner, whose group represents more than 12,000 Border Patrol agents. "This deliberate and unconscionable delay directly resulted in the wrongful incarceration of two innocent law-enforcement officers."

According to Drug Enforcement Administration documents obtained by The Times, DEA investigators believed they had sufficient evidence to indict Aldrete Davila in late 2005, but their requests to do so were denied by Mr. Sutton's office.

President Bush has the opportunity to correct the actions by Sutton and to set Ramos and Compean free! Contact President Bush and urge him to do the right thing. A presidential pardon will allow Ramos and Compean to return to their families. Join GOPUSA in sending a message to the president.

++ Click here to send a message to President Bush urging him to pardon Ramos and Compean

Please encourage your friends and associates to send a message as well. President Bush has only two months left to take action.

There have been many examples recently of why our borders need to be attended to with more vigor than the usual election year talk. I thought I would add one more reason.

Phoenix – On The J.D Hayworth show on 550 KFYI, Mark Spencer, President of The Phoenix Law Enforcement Association, dropped a bombshell when he said that on Sunday night/early Monday morning, a group of at least 5 men, invaded a home, shot 50-100 rounds, killing a man, and planned to ambush Phoenix police officers if needed.

“Subsequent information from the suspects JD (Hayworth) revealed that yes they were indeed planning ambushing our guys (police) out there, but the only reason they did not was because they failed to manage their ammunition,” Spencer said.

The men were in full tactical gear wearing black boots, military pants, as well as AR-15 guns, ballistic helmets while also donning Phoenix Police Raid Shirts.

“They admitted, at least one did, they were Mexican military and they were coming into the United States with full tactical gear to conduct raids and home invasions on whether it be drug dealers or stash houses,” Spencer added.

Documents and internal memos confirm this information along with Spencer’s interview.

At least two more suspects are still at large.

IMO it's high time that our borders are and the immigration issue is attended to in a professional manner, before even more Americans have to suffer.

OK maybe cons were against illegals back in 2008. Funny because progressives agreed with you back then. It was the main steam corporate democrats and republicans who loved flooding the market with cheap labor

Forum List

Back