A British member of parliament has died after an incident in her constituency

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Jul 5, 2012
from France 24:
A British member of parliament has died after an incident in her constituency in Leeds, northern England, on Thursday, British police have said.

Media reports said Jo Cox, 41, who was a lawmaker for the opposition Labour Party, was attacked as she prepared to hold an advice surgery for constituents in Birstall near Leeds.

British Prime Minister Cameron called her death a tragedy, referring to her as a "commited and caring member of Parliament."

West Yorkshire Police said a 52-year-old man had been arrested by armed police and that a woman in her 40s had suffered serious injuries.

According to reports in the British press, the man shouted “Britain First!” as he attacked the anti-Brexit MP, a possible reference to the fringe Britain First far-right nationalist party.

As I said earlier, this makes me wonder about the NRA bought members of Congress if someone starts picking them off. It all depends on whose ox is being gored.
Are you suggesting that anti gun people should start shooting those members of Congress who adhere to the Second Amendment? :cuckoo:
the NRA bought members of Congress
That's some accusation there. Do you have any proof or you are just slinging shit?

What was the shooter thinking? He must have known there were laws against carrying guns in Britain.

What was the shooter thinking? He must have known there were laws against carrying guns in Britain.
It was the multiple knife wounds that killed her. Not the shit "homemade" or "antique" gun. Imagine how many he could have killed with a proper assault rifle he'd bought legally and conveniently an hour before.

Anyways... what's the homicide rate in Britain again?

RIP MP Cox. I'm not a fan of her radical left politics, and her association with OxFam, but she deserves a lot of respect for her and gratitude, active support, and advocacy of the Anti-Slavery Movement and the UK contingent of that group is also outstanding. They took on some of the Walk Free Foundation's burden.

He shouted, 'Britain First!'. No one calls it a terrorist attack. If it had been 'Allah is great!'...

It was the multiple knife wounds that killed her. Not the shit "homemade" or "antique" gun. Imagine how many he could have killed with a proper assault rifle he'd bought legally and conveniently an hour before.

Anyways... what's the homicide rate in Britain again?
The mere fact that she was so easy to get to is evidence of the low expectation of violence in that society.

"Died after an incident"? My left leaning Yahoo computer headline said "she was attacked and died from her injuries". She was shot and killed. Why would left leaning U.S. media sources be reluctant to state the truth about a British shooting?

He shot her several times ?
But I thought Brits weren't supposed to use guns, they're banned or something like that ? This guy must have not been told about the rules.

Forum List

Back