9th Circuit Says Medical Marijuana Cardholders Have No Second Amendment Rights

So then shouldn't it be assumed that everyone who is old enough to drink is drunk all the time and should be denied a firearm?

And an occasional pot smoker is not a drug addict anymore than an occasional drinker is an alcoholic
Alcohol is legal pot is not.

There goes your argument, Panama Red
alcohol is responsible for many more deaths and destruction.....so there goes your argument reefer madness aficionado...
You potheads think you're making some kind of argument pointing out the blight of alcohol on society, but you seem miss, in your pot addled haze, the illogic of adding to that danger by increasing the venues of mental incapacitation. Saying that drunk drivers makes it ok to heap on baked drivers makes zero sense.

Unless you're a pothead.

are-you-a-zfewt3.jpg
yet i never see you anti-pot people ever say they would like to see alcohol and cigarettes,2 things that have been proven to be killers, made illegal either,why is that?.....
It depends on who you ask. And if you never see any of us advocating for a ban on those products, you haven't been asking enough people. Tobacco presents a social health problem but the problem isn't tobacco, it's socialized medicine that forces the non smoker to pay for the medical bills of the smoker.

Isn't it ironic that Leftists work overtime to ban tobacco wherever they can, but push for the legalization of pot? A whole new thread can be opened on that.

And alcohol presents a public danger that tobacco doesn't. Drunk driving is not punished harshly enough and not enough is done to prevent it. I think that bars and nightclubs should be held criminally responsible for customers who drive home drunk. They would make absolutely certain that nobody leaves drunk with their car keys.

My opposition to pot is the same as my opposition to alcohol. People don't use these products responsibly in the privacy of their home. And when my family is endangered by motorists, truck drivers, crane operators, surgeons, teachers, police officers, or ANYONE inebriated by drugs or alcohol, it becomes my business whether these things should be legal and under what circumstances.
whenever i confront one i get the dance about..."well they are legal"....but i very seldom get one saying how they would say yes to those 2 being made illegal right now,all i get is a dance around that question...which tells me that they either drink or smoke....i worked with a guy who was pretty anti pot but yet at least 3 times a week he would buy a 6 pack after work....and down the whole thing that evening...and i knew this because his wife told us.....

alcohol is responsible for many more deaths and destruction.....so there goes your argument reefer madness aficionado...
You potheads think you're making some kind of argument pointing out the blight of alcohol on society, but you seem miss, in your pot addled haze, the illogic of adding to that danger by increasing the venues of mental incapacitation. Saying that drunk drivers makes it ok to heap on baked drivers makes zero sense.

Unless you're a pothead.

are-you-a-zfewt3.jpg
yet i never see you anti-pot people ever say they would like to see alcohol and cigarettes,2 things that have been proven to be killers, made illegal either,why is that?.....

Hypocrisy is what it is
Hypocrisy is pushing to ban tobacco while legalizing pot.

Mirror time, lying pothead Leftist.

Hypocrisy is saying people who occasionally smoke pot can't have a gun while people who occasionally drink alcohol can

and there has been no legislation to ban cigarettes. They will never be banned because the government makes too much money in taxes from them
and to many people of power smoke.....

Alcohol is legal pot is not.

There goes your argument, Panama Red

Unless you're a pothead.

are-you-a-zfewt3.jpg
It depends on who you ask. And if you never see any of us advocating for a ban on those products, you haven't been asking enough people. Tobacco presents a social health problem but the problem isn't tobacco, it's socialized medicine that forces the non smoker to pay for the medical bills of the smoker.

Isn't it ironic that Leftists work overtime to ban tobacco wherever they can, but push for the legalization of pot? A whole new thread can be opened on that.

And alcohol presents a public danger that tobacco doesn't. Drunk driving is not punished harshly enough and not enough is done to prevent it. I think that bars and nightclubs should be held criminally responsible for customers who drive home drunk. They would make absolutely certain that nobody leaves drunk with their car keys.

My opposition to pot is the same as my opposition to alcohol. People don't use these products responsibly in the privacy of their home. And when my family is endangered by motorists, truck drivers, crane operators, surgeons, teachers, police officers, or ANYONE inebriated by drugs or alcohol, it becomes my business whether these things should be legal and under what circumstances.
whenever i confront one i get the dance about..."well they are legal"....but i very seldom get one saying how they would say yes to those 2 being made illegal right now,all i get is a dance around that question...which tells me that they either drink or smoke....i worked with a guy who was pretty anti pot but yet at least 3 times a week he would buy a 6 pack after work....and down the whole thing that evening...and i knew this because his wife told us.....
If you don't get the fact that cigarettes don't pose a danger to society like mind altering drugs, then your whole argument is reduced to a sophomore level comparison of vices. Your "tobacco and alcohol" rant, as if it's all the same, reveals your lack of sophistication for this debate.

Yesterday a federal appeals court ruled that banning gun sales to people who hold medical marijuana cards, whether or not they actually use marijuana, does not violate their Second Amendment rights....

The case, Wilson v. Lynch, involves a Nevada woman, Rowan Wilson, who in 2011 tried to buy a firearm from a gun shop in Mound House, a tiny town in Lyon County, but was turned away because the owner, Frederick Hauser, knew she had recently obtained a medical marijuana registry card from the state Department of Health and Human Services. Hauser had just received a letter from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) that said anyone who uses marijuana as a medicine, "regardless of whether his or her State has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes," qualifies as an "unlawful user of a controlled substance" and is therefore forbidden to buy or possess guns under 18 USC 922.
9th Circuit Says Medical Marijuana Cardholders Have No Second Amendment Rights

I recall bringing this up some time ago - state legalization of a drug does not nullify federal law
Federal law is clear -- you lose your right to buy a gun if you use an illegal drug.
So... do you agree/disagree with the 9th circuit ruling, as medical MJ is legal in NV, but illegal in the US...?

Note: Arguing for the federal legalization of MJ is irrelevant to the issue.

I'm a medical marijuana advocate. That being said, a judge is supposed to interpret the law as it's written. Marijuana is a schedule I drug according to the Feds, lumped in there with heroin. So I guess the ruling was apt.

Unless you're a pothead.

are-you-a-zfewt3.jpg

If you don't get the fact that cigarettes don't pose a danger to society like mind altering drugs, then your whole argument is reduced to a sophomore level comparison of vices. Your "tobacco and alcohol" rant, as if it's all the same, reveals your lack of sophistication for this debate.

Nicotine is a mind altering drug
So is alcohol
So is Caffeine

Lets ban them all

Unless you're a pothead.

are-you-a-zfewt3.jpg

no it tells me that you do one of them and heaven forbid they ban your little drug of choice....and please dont tell me dont....i dont want to have to call you a liar...

I, for one, would love to see alcohol and tobacco banned by law.

at least you are honest.....you have always said fuck all 3....

I could get behind that, mostly because it wouldn't affect me. I'm not a boozer and I get my pipe tobacco from the Reservation because it's just better and tobacco bans won't affect us.

Rivers of booze flowed out of Indian reservations during prohibition. Those were the days.

I could get behind that, mostly because it wouldn't affect me. I'm not a boozer and I get my pipe tobacco from the Reservation because it's just better and tobacco bans won't affect us.

Rivers of booze flowed out of Indian reservations during prohibition. Those were the days.
so as long as you get yours?.....you are a hypocrite....

You're an idiot. Only potheads like you are dumb enough to compare pot with legal products. Marijuana was listed as a controlled substance because of its hallucinogenic and mind altering properties. Tobacco doesn't do that.

Since you stupid beyond belief potheads think all vices are the same, where does it end? Caffeine? Chocolate? Playing the lottery? Marijuana is not illegal because it's a vice, and you potheads are too dense to see how that topples your argument.

I can't argue with drug addicts anymore. I'm talking to the drug. I'm unsubscribing to the thread.

You're an idiot. Only potheads like you are dumb enough to compare pot with legal products. Marijuana was listed as a controlled substance because of its hallucinogenic and mind altering properties.

Actually it was because sleazebag racists who had their Prohibition dumped, even with the support of the Klan, suddenly had nothing to do once it was repealed. So they fixed their target on a common plant that had been used in everyday human existence for seven thousand years and painted it with all sorts of sleazy associations, so they could target, you know, Mexicans..... blacks.... jazz musicians... all those elements that were outside their fantasy sphere of authoritarian Control.

Some gullibles even bought the propaganda. Apparently you're one of them.

You're an idiot. Only potheads like you are dumb enough to compare pot with legal products. Marijuana was listed as a controlled substance because of its hallucinogenic and mind altering properties. Tobacco doesn't do that.

Since you stupid beyond belief potheads think all vices are the same, where does it end? Caffeine? Chocolate? Playing the lottery? Marijuana is not illegal because it's a vice, and you potheads are too dense to see how that topples your argument.

I can't argue with drug addicts anymore. I'm talking to the drug. I'm unsubscribing to the thread.
oh are you getting pissed?....tobacco kills you slowly you dumbass.....and pot is illegal because its a vice?....what the fuck is tobacco?...and your leaving the thread because you are getting your ass kicked....

IMO just having a card isn't enough there must be an actual federal drug conviction or a state conviction of being under the influence while in possession of a firearm for second amendment rights to be nullified.
That's not what the law says,, and that's not the question asked on the 4473.
Well the law is fucked up.
It is not a crime to merely have a pot card.
No... however, having a pot card is proof of use.
This who use illegal drugs cannot buy guns, under federal law.

Forum List

Back