81% of Americans under 45 would fail basic ‘US citizenship test’

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
5bb59b18dda4c847648b458c.jpg

What the hell has happened to our education system? One would think that pride in this country would call for teaching our youths all the things that give them futures not available anywhere else in the world.

Just one-in-three Americans passed the multiple choice exam that is undertaken by foreigners. Shockingly, 87 percent of respondents did not know that the US Constitution was ratified in 1787, while 60 percent of respondents couldn't identify which countries fought in World War II against the US and its allies.

While many Americans aren’t shy when it comes to expressing their opinion regarding the controversy surrounding US Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, only 43 percent knew the actual number of justices (nine) that protect the nation’s constitution.

Some 72 percent failed to correctly identify the 13 original states from a list of options offered to them in the multiple-choice questions.

The problem with basic civic knowledge seems to be more acute for those aged 45 and under, with only 19 percent passing the mock test. Those 65 years and older, however, managed to answer the questions with 74-percent success rate.

By the time I reached my junior year in high school, I’d had at least 5 classes about American history and government. Why is it no longer important in our education system?

More of this disgusting stuff @ ‘Woefully uninformed’: 81% of Americans under 45 would fail basic ‘US citizenship test’

Americans Have Almost Entirely Forgotten Their History @ Americans Have Almost Entirely Forgotten Their History

The education system will have to be wrested from the Progressives by force.

They will not give it up easily. It is the key to their power.

What the hell has happened to our education system? One would think that pride in this country would call for teaching our youths all the things that give them futures not available anywhere else in the world.

Just one-in-three Americans passed the multiple choice exam that is undertaken by foreigners. Shockingly, 87 percent of respondents did not know that the US Constitution was ratified in 1787, while 60 percent of respondents couldn't identify which countries fought in World War II against the US and its allies.

While many Americans aren’t shy when it comes to expressing their opinion regarding the controversy surrounding US Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, only 43 percent knew the actual number of justices (nine) that protect the nation’s constitution.

Some 72 percent failed to correctly identify the 13 original states from a list of options offered to them in the multiple-choice questions.

The problem with basic civic knowledge seems to be more acute for those aged 45 and under, with only 19 percent passing the mock test. Those 65 years and older, however, managed to answer the questions with 74-percent success rate.

By the time I reached my junior year in high school, I’d had at least 5 classes about American history and government. Why is it no longer important in our education system?

More of this disgusting stuff @ ‘Woefully uninformed’: 81% of Americans under 45 would fail basic ‘US citizenship test’

Americans Have Almost Entirely Forgotten Their History @ Americans Have Almost Entirely Forgotten Their History

Because you have people like Devos in charge. She is single handenly destroying public education.

The 13 colonies, and the Constitution, and all that are still taught in school. People just forget.

I took one of their 24-question tests. To say it was simple would be a massive understatement. That only 1/3 of Americans can pass the test blows my mind. The education system is a DISASTER.

I took one of their 24-question tests. To say it was simple would be a massive understatement. That only 1/3 of Americans can pass the test blows my mind. The education system is a DISASTER.

Do you not understand the difference in being taught something and then retaking the knowledge?

Of course you don't because you don't know anything about learning.

Do you not understand the difference in being taught something and then retaking the knowledge?

Did you take the test? It's a joke. That 1/3 of Americans can't pass it is an abomination. One doesn't need a master's degree from Georgetown to pass it.

rt.com is a russian propaganda site btw.

This is how propaganda works nowadays. Propaganda websites post slanted bullshit and willing morons post it everywhere.

Did you take the test? It's a joke. That 1/3 of Americans can't pass it is an abomination. One doesn't need a master's degree from Georgetown to pass it.

Yes, I have taken the test. I also taught the subject for 21 years so knock off the bullshit about it not being taught. The human brain categorizes the importance of information to be remembered. It is simply not being retained by choice.

That is nothing new. I cannot remember my daughter's phone number because I have no need to ever use it. My cell phone remembers it for me.

Last edited:

Yes, I have taken the test. I also taught the subject for 21 years so knock off the bullshit about it not being taught. The human brain categorizes the importance of information to be remembered. It is simply not being retained by choice.

RThat is nothing new. I cannot remember my daughter's phone number because I have no need to ever use it. My cell phone remembers it for me.

That is in part what's wrong with public school victims. More dependent upon machines than their own brain.

What happens when the battery runs down?

RThat is nothing new. I cannot remember my daughter's phone number because I have no need to ever use it. My cell phone remembers it for me.

Where did I say it wasn't being taught? You must have confused me for someone else.

Well, is this an issue with the education system not teaching pointless rubbish, or the test being full of pointless rubbish?

Well, is this an issue with the education system not teaching pointless rubbish, or the test being full of pointless rubbish?

I think the education system teaches statistics and facts instead of teaching values learned from history.

That is in part what's wrong with public school victims. More dependent upon machines than their own brain.

What happens when the battery runs down?

Oh, please knock off the bullshit! You are embarrassing yourself!

Without looking it up, can you tell me what the 23rd Amendment to the Constitution regards?

Of course you can't! If you can, it is because you deem that important to you. Why you would want to remember it, I have no idea!

FYI, I have her number written down, because there is no reason to remember it as long as I have my phone. Just like I have the ability to look up the 23rd Amendment should need it. I just happen to know because I used it so much in my instruction.

Where did I say it wasn't being taught? You must have confused me for someone else.

Every one of you education bashers have the same M.O.! It's obviously the fault of the teacher's unions, right?

Forum List

Back