800,000 about to lose their jobs

Maybe tell the Dimocrats to compromise and agree to no tax increases! Tell the federal workers that they need to start funding their entire pension plans or better yet move the pension plans to individual plans 401K. Also have them start contributing to their health plans like their private sector counter-parts!

Well, some tax increases, with some cutting and trimming is what I think needs to happen. I dont think that you have to overly burden the wealthy, after all, rich folks are the ones who write me checks. We can trim some fat off of defense, TSA/homeland security, and others. To me, 800,000 federal jobs is not even a drop in the bucket.

Seriously TM, do you not believe the democrats have any culpability in this issue? Do you not see the total bias in what you're saying? Everything bad is always the fault of the GOP?

What party was happy to raise the debt ceiling over half a dozen times yet the momment we have a dem pres they make a production out of it.

This is all the right and you will have NO recourse to blame the left when you do this.

I recall that when GWB wanted to raise the debt limit the dems, including Mr Obama made a big production out of it then. So it always the fault of the right, never the left. OK, guess there's no more to say.

Sometime in the first half of August, no funding would be available for the Departments of Veterans Affairs, Education and Housing and Urban Development as well as unemployment insurance and Internal Revenue Service refunds, according to a report by the Bipartisan Policy Center in Washington.

I bet you'd like to have that grant money back that paid for such things as the study of chimpanzee pubic hair wouldn't ya?

The annoying thing about Truthmatters here is that in her view only the republicans are being intransigent, obstructive and self centered drama queens.

Both sides need to negotiate. Now from my perspective, the Republicans are being principled and steadfast. Republicans and Democrats alike ran on the principle of economy and balanced budgets, but the democrats tossed this principle to the wind, while the Republicans are keeping their promises.

If promised had been kept by the Democrats, we would not need to raise the debt limit. The Republicans are saying, you can have your increase only if we get what we want first, and what we want is serious cuts. And we want a budget, which are legally supposed to have already. Three days from now we will start our second year without a budget, which is legally mandated to be passed on July 1. The Senate refuses to even bring budget bills before committee. Let alone the full Senate.

How can anything in this country get done when you people march arround like so many fools ignoring any real information and replace it with pettty insults.

How can you people be so very hatefilled for your own war heros and dead?

The annoying thing about Truthmatters here is that in her view only the republicans are being intransigent, obstructive and self centered drama queens.

Both sides need to negotiate. Now from my perspective, the Republicans are being principled and steadfast. Republicans and Democrats alike ran on the principle of economy and balanced budgets, but the democrats tossed this principle to the wind, while the Republicans are keeping their promises.

If promised had been kept by the Democrats, we would not need to raise the debt limit. The Republicans are saying, you can have your increase only if we get what we want first, and what we want is serious cuts. And we want a budget, which are legally supposed to have already. Three days from now we will start our second year without a budget, which is legally mandated to be passed on July 1. The Senate refuses to even bring budget bills before committee. Let alone the full Senate.

They must not be to worried about the debt ceiling to much.

How can anything in this country get done when you people march arround like so many fools ignoring any real information and replace it with pettty insults.

How can you people be so very hatefilled for your own war heros and dead?

Well were not going to lose our funding for eating babes and making puppy stew so fuck off.

So you think an immidiate loss of these jobs would be good fro the economy?

No TM, what I think would be good is if a President put out an 800 billion dollar stimulus and a 4 trillion dollar stimulus from the FED that makes all of their friends rich while rising the UE rate and impoverishing tens of millions of people in America.

I think the best thing Government can do at this point TM is barrow and spend money we don't have never endingly. I think that I'm gonna open a campaign for president and say everyone get a billion dollar check if I become president because "why the fuck not," that will be my slogan.

After Bush and Obama helped destroy our economy the best thing they can do is make sure it will not recover for many more years to come by increasing our debt to heights that will become un-payable/un-affordable soon enough.

BTW I have a couple questions for you TM. What's your education level and why are you a blind hyper partisan hack who believes the economy is getting better when there is not a single piece of date to support that "theory." There is an undeniable mountain of data, based on reality, un-bias and factually present that clearly shows we never got out of a recession and that we are much worse off than before Bush became president, that we were much better off than before the Dems took over congress and still better off than before Obama became president.
Next question is can you tell us all what the Stimulus Obama did set out to do, that is what were its goals and then can you show where it met any of those goals… Not “saved America from a depression on accident,” (LOL)bullshit, but the goals that Obama clearly outlined the stimulus was targeted at before he passed it.

You are fed, super fat and happy... Troll.

How many more vets will commit suicide because you people care more about your party then them?

Obama will gleefully throw veterinarians under the bus before one postal worker takes a hit.

Maybe UCI can return this money?

A total of $3 million has been granted to researchers at the University of California at Irvine so that they can play video games such as World of Warcraft. The goal of this “video game research” is reportedly to study how “emerging forms of communication, including multiplayer computer games and online virtual worlds such as World of Warcraft and Second Life can help organizations collaborate and compete more effectively in the global marketplace.”

United States Department of Veterans Affairs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is the United States government’s second largest department, after the United States Department of Defense. With a total 2009 budget of about $87.6 billion, VA employs nearly 280,000 people at hundreds of Veterans Affairs medical facilities, clinics, and benefits offices and is responsible for administering programs of veterans’ benefits for veterans, their families, and survivors.

The benefits provided include disability compensation, pension, education, home loans, life insurance, vocational rehabilitation, survivors’ benefits, medical benefits and burial benefits.[1] It is administered by the United States Secretary of Veterans Affairs.

Yeah fuck those wounded soldiers they are just parasites huh?

You people are mentally ill

Yes, use the troops and children to back up your proven failed policies TM. Question is why was the economy doing worse near every month even with all of these 800k people working for the Government?

Truth is you just want a bigger military and more killing of civilians in the middle east using Obama's 4 wars.

Forum List

Back