800,000 about to lose their jobs

So you think an immidiate loss of these jobs would be good fro the economy?

They're Federal employees. They sure as hell aren't "cranking out the money" and "stimulating the ecomony." My neighbor - works for the postal service in D.C. He's been asked to either take an early retirement or face a possible furlough.

Either choice would be good, as he's pretty much a lazy, non-productive slug.

Sometime in the first half of August, no funding would be available for the Departments of Veterans Affairs, Education and Housing and Urban Development as well as unemployment insurance and Internal Revenue Service refunds, according to a report by the Bipartisan Policy Center in Washington.

Good. That's a great start. Perhaps we can throw in the EPA, DEA, DoE, etc?

AWESOME!

The U.S. government wouldn’t be able to fund about 50 percent of its obligations and would have to furlough about 800,000 federal workers if Congress fails to approve an increase in the $14.3 trillion debt ceiling, a coalition of former budget officials says.

:thewave::clap2::mm::beer::dance: :happy-1::woohoo::banana::bow3::beer::mm::clap2::thewave:

United States Department of Veterans Affairs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is the United States government’s second largest department, after the United States Department of Defense. With a total 2009 budget of about $87.6 billion, VA employs nearly 280,000 people at hundreds of Veterans Affairs medical facilities, clinics, and benefits offices and is responsible for administering programs of veterans’ benefits for veterans, their families, and survivors.

The benefits provided include disability compensation, pension, education, home loans, life insurance, vocational rehabilitation, survivors’ benefits, medical benefits and burial benefits.[1] It is administered by the United States Secretary of Veterans Affairs.

Yeah fuck those wounded soldiers they are just parasites huh?

You people are mentally ill

If this President and Democrats think all this is true,why did they Vote against raising Debt Limits when the other side was in power? They didn't seem to care about any of this stuff when they were voting against raising Debt Limits. So why the sudden change of heart and all the hysterical Fear Mongering now? If you want,i can post this President's very own words on raising Debt Limits when the other side was in power? He sure did like to hop up on his high horse railing against it back then. Looks like him and the Democrats are just Fear Mongering this up like they did with their Stimulus Debacle. They're just trying to panic the sheep. I guess we'll see if the sheep get spooked.

So you think an immidiate loss of these jobs would be good fro the economy?

They're Federal employees. They sure as hell aren't "cranking out the money" and "stimulating the ecomony." My neighbor - works for the postal service in D.C. He's been asked to either take an early retirement or face a possible furlough.

Either choice would be good, as he's pretty much a lazy, non-productive slug.

The absolute reason why nobody trusts the Federal government to get anything right. How can a Monopoly lose its ass like the Post office has done unproductive overpaid come to mind.

Failure to Raise Debt Cap Would Idle 800,000 Workers, Group Says - Businessweek

The study by Jay Powell, a former Treasury undersecretary under President George H.W. Bush, represents a challenge to Senator Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and other Republicans who dismiss the risks of a government default.

No great loss. Start with the TSA, then the IRS, and Homeland security. They can collect 99 weeks of un employment and Bam Bam will have 800,000 votes bought and paid for.

Last edited:
They are willing to cut off the benifits to vets.

That is who they are

Organization and functionThe Department of Veterans Affairs is headed by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate. The current Secretary of Veterans Affairs is Ret. General Eric Shinseki. The primary function of the Department of Veterans Affairs is to help veterans by providing certain benefits and services.

The Department has three main subdivisions, known as Administrations, each headed by an Undersecretary:

Veterans Health Administration - responsible for providing health care in all its forms, as well as for medical research, Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs), and Regional Medical Centers
Veterans Benefits Administration - responsible for initial veteran registration, eligibility determination, and five key lines of business (benefits and entitlements): Home Loan Guaranty, Insurance, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, Education (GI Bill), and Compensation & Pension
National Cemetery Administration - responsible for providing burial and memorial benefits, as well as for maintenance of VA cemeteries

The dead wont even have money to be burried with.

You people make me sick

I'm sure we can get 800,000 illegal aliens to fill those jobs for less pay.

Every try to get a VA homeloan? I did (once). It took about six reams of paper, which had to be chopped/approved through roughly 50 clerks, the lawyers, the public affairs dept., etc. etc. etc. There were about 100 people involved. After six weeks of hearing nothing, I called them. Guess what? They LOST my package. LOL!

Look at these people making fun of war dead not evern having money to be buried with.

How sick and warped you have allowed yourselves to become

Forum List

Back