78% of Palestinians Support Suicide Bombing of Civilians

I wager that I and others here have lived and traveled in twice as many countries as you claim so stop with the one-upism, boring person.

Oh really, do you?

Well then it is only fair that you humiliate me good and proper Hoss - let's both list all of the countries that we have been to.

Would you like me to go first, or will you?

btw I rarely actually mention being well-travelled - it's Roudy who seems to think it is important. He raised the issue here, as he does on most threads.
Wouldn't prove anything,so you win.

I wager that I and others here have lived and traveled in twice as many countries as you claim so stop with the one-upism, boring person.

Oh really, do you?

Well then it is only fair that you humiliate me good and proper Hoss - let's both list all of the countries that we have been to.

Would you like me to go first, or will you?

btw I rarely actually mention being well-travelled - it's Roudy who seems to think it is important. He raised the issue here, as he does on most threads.
I've noticed Fatima Saigoon's behavior in other forums on this site. It's always the same shtick. It makes a stupid baseless claim, and when confronted by other posters with logic and facts, it then claims, well, since I've been there and you haven't (2 lies or assumptions), those facts don't matter because I, Fatima of Saigoon, know better! And this is even when other people born and raised in the same country contradict Saigoon's claims.

What a pathetic, delusional, mentally ill moron. Sometimes I feel sorry for Saigoon.

Last edited:
You forget art, we are dealing with an accomplished, well traveled "journalist" here. Ho ho ho!

You are indeed...although actually the word is "well-traveled".

And as you admitted yourself the other day - people who have actually lived and worked in particular countries generallý have a better take on things than those people who have never travelled further than the local Psyche ward.
Yes which is why when your claims contracted other posters like Amir who was a native, you were exposed as a liar and an ignoramus.

Roudy -

Given that you have never been to any of the countries we discuss this section - I'm am struggling to understand why you think your views are as valid as those people who have lived in the region - such as Amir, for instance.

Roudy -

Given that you have never been to any of the countries we discuss this section - I'm am struggling to understand why you think your views are as valid as those people who have lived in the region - such as Amir, for instance.
Really? I have never been to any of those countries? You are so wrong about everything, including your assumption of who I am, it's pathetic. Hardly the observational capabilities of a "journalist". You are a liar and an imposter, plain and simple.

Roudy -

What makes you think Roudy has never been to those places? Can't you decipher from many posts that he speaks several languages and dialects? Sherlock Holmes you ain't, sister.

Roudy -

I think it is fairly clear that you have never been to any of the countries we discuss here - if you had been, you'd have provided proof of it many moons ago. Most posters like to use their strongest arguments often - if they dont use them, it generally means they don't have them.

There the really four factors which I think really mark out stronger posters from weaker ones -

1) Local knowledge. It's the #1 for me, and what posters like Amir and Lipush bring to any thread simply can not be replaced. One forum I post on has a rule that you only post about countries you have been to personally - it's a very good rule, IMO.

2) Literacy. Even intelligent people are sometimes let down by their inability to express themselves accurately in English, and to read and understand inference and irony. Some very literate posters here, plus some who really struggle.

3) Education. A strong background in subjects like history, political sciences really shows through, and there are a couple of posters here I imagine are very well educated.

4) Career. People who work in a field related to the topics we discuss here have a huge advantage. Perhaps not so many on these ME forums....I've noticed one or two have been to the ME for work, and that provides them a lot of insight.

Anyone who isn't strong in any of these 4 areas really struggles on forums, and funnily enough - they are usually the ones who are most often abusive and unpleasant.

That isn't coincidental.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
What makes you think Roudy has never been to those places? Can't you decipher from many posts that he speaks several languages and dialects?

Call it an educated guess.

(Of course it's always possible be once went to Tel Aviv for a wedding, but by being somewhere, I really mean several months, and I somehow doubt he's going to claim that.)

The only language I've ever seen Roudy post in is extremely poor English.

If he does speak Ukrainian, I hope he speaks it better than his English.

Last edited:
Roudy -

I think it is fairly clear that you have never been to any of the countries we discuss here - if you had been, you'd have provided proof of it many moons ago. Most posters like to use their strongest arguments often - if they dont use them, it generally means they don't have them.

There the really four factors which I think really mark out stronger posters from weaker ones -

1) Local knowledge. It's the #1 for me, and what posters like Amir and Lipush bring to any thread simply can not be replaced. One forum I post on has a rule that you only post about countries you have been to personally - it's a very good rule, IMO.

2) Literacy. Even intelligent people are sometimes let down by their inability to express themselves accurately in English, and to read and understand inference and irony. Some very literate posters here, plus some who really struggle.

3) Education. A strong background in subjects like history, political sciences really shows through, and there are a couple of posters here I imagine are very well educated.

4) Career. People who work in a field related to the topics we discuss here have a huge advantage. Perhaps not so many on these ME forums....I've noticed one or two have been to the ME for work, and that provides them a lot of insight.

Anyone who isn't strong in any of these 4 areas really struggles on forums, and funnily enough - they are usually the ones who are most often abusive and unpleasant.

That isn't coincidental.
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or fart. What a maroon!

You forget art, we are dealing with an accomplished, well traveled "journalist" here. Ho ho ho!

You are indeed...although actually the word is "well-traveled".

And as you admitted yourself the other day - people who have actually lived and worked in particular countries generallý have a better take on things than those people who have never travelled further than the local Psyche ward.

You may have travelled a lot. But you don't seem have much grasp of reality.

Hossfly -

OK, so what 3 or 4 characteristics do you think most mark out strong vs weak posters?

If you reject local knowledge, literacy, education and career as factors....what are you left with?

White middle class Republican males from Texas who aren't gay and prefer baseball to hockey?

Roudy -

That isn't coincidental.
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or fart. What a maroon!

Laughing is healthier and more appealing.

Yes. I've actually read the whole thing. Not the few things you posted in an attempt to mislead.

I posted a half dozen tables which I thought people might find most interesting....certainly the ones I found the most interesting.

If you found others more telling, post those and we'll discuss those.

I just find these endless accusations rather childish. There is space in the world for more than one interpretation of events without either person being fiendishly involved in a satanic plot.

Hossfly -

OK, so what 3 or 4 characteristics do you think most mark out strong vs weak posters?

If you reject local knowledge, literacy, education and career as factors....what are you left with?

White middle class Republican males from Texas who aren't gay and prefer baseball to hockey?
I would need to see a list of your considered strong posters and a list of your considered weak posters. Although I consider all posters strong in their beliefs, even the milksop Tinmore. People have an agenda or they wouldn't be here on this unimportant, insignificant forum. I'm here because I got lost on the way to the Forum.

Yes. I've actually read the whole thing. Not the few things you posted in an attempt to mislead.

I posted a half dozen tables which I thought people might find most interesting....certainly the ones I found the most interesting.

If you found others more telling, post those and we'll discuss those.

I just find these endless accusations rather childish. There is space in the world for more than one interpretation of events without either person being fiendishly involved in a satanic plot.

Who is talking about a satanic plot?

The fact is simply that you tailored what you quoted to your agenda, which was very disingenious.

Leaving out that only 6% of Palestians is against all anti-American terrorism for example, is more than a difference about what is interesting.

I would need to see a list of your considered strong posters and a list of your considered weak posters. Although I consider all posters strong in their beliefs, even the milksop Tinmore. People have an agenda or they wouldn't be here on this unimportant, insignificant forum. I'm here because I got lost on the way to the Forum.

I deliberately avoided putting too many names for exactly this reason.

Too often we see poster say "X is a great poster" purely and simply because they share the same politics as X.

Likewise, people post that "Y is an idiot" when Y is actually a very strong poster - but of a very different political opinion.

I really enjoy a lot of posters here from totally different view points. In fact, I some some I enjoy the most are the ones I very rarely agree with.

Roudy -

That isn't coincidental.
1 through 4 totally and ridiculously wrong. You have zero journalistic skills. I don't k ow you made you a journalist but whoever it was was must have been deaf, dumb, and blind. I can say even an 11 year old is more perceptive than you are.

Forum List

Back