7.8 Earrthquake in Turkey (Tweeted videos linked below)

This is so bad :(
we felt the effects of it here in lebanon. i was up at 3AM to watch NBA basketball. my bed started shaking. i woke up my mom and clung to her. i really thought there was a possibility we were gonna die. we didn't know at that point it was a disaster in turkey and syria until someone told us on the phone

the building shaked for 40 seconds

My town Buffalo actually got hit with a 3.8 magnitude earthquake. Threw me out of my bed. l it was nothing compared with what People of turkey and Syria felt where thousands have died. May God be with the people of turkey and Syria.

Agreed

A 3.8 is almost nothing compared with a 7.8

My town Buffalo actually got hit with a 3.8 magnitude earthquake. Threw me out of my bed. l it was nothing compared with what People of turkey and Syria felt where thousands have died. May God be with the people of turkey and Syria.

I saw that. Was it Monday morning?

Does Buffalo have regular earthquakes?

I have never personally experienced one.

It literally threw you on the floor from your bed? Any structural damage in your area?

i'm too muscular to be thrown out of bed. you must be skinny, but who knows lol

I saw that. Was it Monday morning?

Does Buffalo have regular earthquakes?

I have never personally experienced one.

It literally threw you on the floor from your bed? Any structural damage in your area?
there's a thread about the Buffalo earthquake in breaking news section. check it for more info, bro!

Agreed

A 3.8 is almost nothing compared with a 7.8

Yes, and I think the Richer scale is geometric, so an “8“ is like 10x a ”7”.

When I heard this was a 7.8, I gasped and hit twitter immediately.

Then followed by a 6 and then a 7.5. Just apocalyptic.

So bad. I hope we are sending military help to rescue people. Certainly lots of local Fire Rescue teams are going out there.

A family friend was a captain for Miami Dade Fire Rescue and he went to Mexico City when that earthquake hit…I think it was late 80s, cant recall. He returned with CRAZY stories about the stench of the dead bodies. It was awful.

Yes, and I think the Richer scale is geometric, so an “8“ is like 10x a ”7”.

When I heard this was a 7.8, I gasped and hit twitter immediately.

Then followed by a 6 and then a 7.5. Just apocalyptic.

So bad. I hope we are sending military help to rescue people. Certainly lots of local Fire Rescue teams are going out there.

A family friend was a captain for Miami Dade Fire Rescue and he went to Mexico City when that earthquake hit…I think it was late 80s, cant recall. He returned with CRAZY stories about the stench of the dead bodies. It was awful.

It's horrible! :confused:

Forum List

Back