67% of Americans Don't Want Palin as President

A running Newsmax straw poll this week had Sarah with approval ratings in the high 70's but that is a really partisan group.

A new gallup poll out this week had Sarah's favorables at about 46% and unfavorables at 48%. I don't think that is strong enugh to make her the GOP candidate for 2012, but 2012 is a long three plus years away too, and much can change during that time. If anybody had told me in 2005 that John McCain would be the GOP nominee in 2008, I would have said they were nuts.

But for heavens sake, those of you who are Republicans, right of center Independents, libertarians, blue dogs, or whatever who appreciates fiscal responsibility and common sense in government, can't the GOP come up with somebody competent who has charisma and experience and who is actually electable?

No.

If this poll is correct, that's part of what is wrong with America... Palin wants to cut government waste, get rid of the good ole boys network, and give workers their own money back yet 87% of Democrats don't want her in office... Can you say CRAZY!!!! Or flat out dumb... not sure which.

OK. So that is her speil. But her actions were all about enriching Sarah Palin. Per diem for being in her own home, when she should have been on the job, is not a reccomendation for her stated fiscal policies.

I think that the evidence that NBC/Universal/GE is heavily biased to the left is overwhelming.

What their polling nexus is with WSJ, I have no idea.

That said, were I in charge of WSJ and wanted even the thinnest veneer of objectivity, I'd put as much distance between myself and NBC/Universal/GE.

Fellow, were you in charge of anything, it would be broke in a week.
My construction business and various real estate ventures have survived for more than 15 years.

As I recall, you're the one who's counting on the gubmint cheez, not me.

I honestly try my best to stay away from the Palin debate and am ever hopeful that Sarah Palin might just find a nice cushy job on the lecture circuit and leave the job of running for office to more serious candidates. While Palin I have no doubt is sincere and well meaning, her qualifications were lacking to say the least. I know if I were running the RNC though , I'd keep the rumor going just to piss the democrats off and make the spend money. However as mentioned before it's my hope the Republican party has someone that has a little more to offer in terms of speaking ability, experience, and guts to get the job done. I do think though that Sarah Palin should consider running for congress or the Senate to gain that experience and who knows perhaps she would make an excellent candidate one day. Come to think of it, don't we have a rather inexperienced Junior Senator from Il in the White House at the moment?

She couldn't be any worse than the clown currently in office ......

that's true, but if her numbers reach 50 percent, we'll be stuck with that clown for an additional four years.

You are going to be, in any case. The beginnings of a real Health Care System for this nation. Shrinking the military-industrial complex. Rebuilding of the national infrastructure for energy, transportation, and water.

As well as pulling us out of the economic debacle you people created for us.

you are a fucking idiot. If you knew ANYTHING besides what your Messiah said, you would know that it was Clinton who repealed Glass-Steagall, which is where this mess started. But your Alzheimers is too far advanced for you to learn anything.

I just didn't think there were enough Sarah Palin threads to I thought I'd start another.

WSJ/NBC Poll: Would You Like to See Palin as President Someday? - Washington Wire - WSJ
let's hope it stays that way.

What!!!!!!!!!!!! You said something that approachs sanity! Good lord, the world is going to end today!:razz:

but you still haven't learned how to spell, so that gives us a few more years on this planet.

I think that the evidence that NBC/Universal/GE is heavily biased to the left is overwhelming.

That said, were I in charge of WSJ and wanted even the thinnest veneer of objectivity, I'd put as much distance between myself and NBC/Universal/GE.

Fellow, were you in charge of anything, it would be broke in a week.
My construction business and various real estate ventures have survived for more than 15 years.

As I recall, you're the one who's counting on the gubmint cheez, not me.

Won't be long before he's in a gubmint nursing home lying in his own feces.

Of the 23% of the population that still consider themselves Republicans, she has pretty good favorably numbers...

If she ran, the Republicans could have her on the ticket...

Of the 23% of the population that still consider themselves Republicans, she has pretty good favorably numbers...

No. Romney will kick her ass.

Would the base vote for a Mormon? /shrug

I don't know..... Pure speculation either way, no predictions from me!

If they nominate that woman, they deserve four more years of this idiot and they'll get it.

Would the base vote for a Mormon? /shrug

I don't know..... Pure speculation either way, no predictions from me!

If they nominate that woman, they deserve four more years of this idiot and they'll get it.

now that I'd certainly agree with...
Only reason I mentioned it, was her numbers with Republicans were STRONG, but the poll was not a preference poll, Romney vs Palin, so I'll refrain from predictions sans direct comparison data...

Hoping the GOP runs Palin/Huckabee in 2012.

and I'm hoping Pete Rose manages the Reds next year.
probably a better chance of that than what that PJ moron wants

Yes, I do believe that Pete Rose has a better chance of managing the Reds than the GOP ticket being Palin/Huckabee. But that's whom I am hoping is the ticket, not because I necessarily want Obama to win a second term but because I'd like to deep-six the Rapture Crowd in the GOP.

The WSJ is both a highly conservative and highly objective newspaper.

I just didn't think there were enough Sarah Palin threads to I thought I'd start another.

A solid majority of Americans don’t want to see Sarah Palin ever become president, according to the latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll.

Two-thirds, 67%, said they don’t ever want the former Alaska governor to be president, compared with the 21% who said they would.

While it should come as no surprise that 87% of Democrats said they don’t ever want Palin as commander-in-chief, some 43% of Republicans said the same thing—as well as 65% of independents.

Even 46% of self-identified conservatives said they do not want Palin as president, as well as 44% of those who voted for Arizona GOP Sen. John McCain in 2008.

At 44%, white evangelicals are the largest subgroup supporting Palin as president one day.

WSJ/NBC Poll: Would You Like to See Palin as President Someday? - Washington Wire - WSJ

That's no fun. Someone has to get a movement started to skew the polls. Run, Sarah, RUN! I'm pretty sure that 99% of liberals would love to see her in 2012. Jindal would be cute too. Maybe they could run together? :popcorn:

i think Jindal has potential, though he probably should wait until 2016.

They said that about Ronald Reagan too, it's a long time off and many things could change between now and then, so will people's opinions. Just look at what has happened to Obama's popularity in a few short months. I am betting that by Sept he will be in the high 30's and low 40's by the time congress returns from recess. Especially after the public has a chance to read and disect that massive health care bill that he wants.

They said that about Ronald Reagan too, it's a long time off and many things could change between now and then, so will people's opinions. Just look at what has happened to Obama's popularity in a few short months. I am betting that by Sept he will be in the high 30's and low 40's by the time congress returns from recess. Especially after the public has a chance to read and disect that massive health care bill that he wants.
and all it took was a dumbass from Georgia to make it possible

and all it took was a dumbass from Georgia to make it possible

peanut farmer

Forum List

Back