65% favor taxing wealthy, are Pubs suicidal?

The freeloader is FrankFreeLoader, who steals our our time and energy. Frank is a freeloader, who offers nothing constructive to the conversation.

You just killed the thread.

Now liberals won't bother to keep posting..

"Since the onset of the global financial crisis in 2008, some countries have been changing the laws and treaties that sustained the offshore tax avoidance industry.

Such moves are sending a message to wealthy individuals who want to hide their assets, according to Philip Marcovici, a Hong Kong-based tax lawyer. “We live in a world where you only have two choices he says. “Play by the rules of the country you live in, or get out if you don’t want to play by the rules.”

capitalism-cartoon.jpg

I am surprised that only 65% of the electorate would prefer someone else to shoulder the tax burden.

I would be happy to have someone else pay my taxes, too.

I am surprised it isn't 100%.

In the first income taxes nationally, the wealthy did shoulder the federal tax 100%.

In the first income taxes nationally, the wealthy did shoulder the federal tax 100%.

Well, as I recall my old US history, this was because import and excise taxes were sitll pulling in the lion's share, but there was a popular view that war profiteers and the uber wealthy were abusing the public at large.

And I don't see the gop as suicidal, just putting themselves on the fringe as did the very left in 72-92. It's just that their base demands a stance that puts them at a huge disadvantage in national and large pop state elections.

I am surprised that only 65% of the electorate would prefer someone else to shoulder the tax burden.

I would be happy to have someone else pay my taxes, too.

I am surprised it isn't 100%.

Today, the middle classes effective rate in all taxes is 24%, the richest 17%, corporations and the poorest 12%. You're an idiot chump of the greedy rich. Change the channel, dupe.

Last edited:
Poll: 65% favor taxing wealthy - Politico
www.politico.com/.../fiscal-cliff-voters-want-to-raise-taxes-on-wealthy-84675.html - Cached
Dec 6, 2012 ... Voters support higher taxes on the wealthy by a margin of better than 2 to 1,
according to a new poll Thursday. Sixty-five percent of voters back ...
Poll: 65 percent favor raising taxes on wealthy - Hampton Roads
hamptonroads.com/2012/12/poll-65-percent-favor-raising-taxes-wealthy
Dec 6, 2012 ... Voters support higher taxes on the wealthy by a margin of better than 2 to 1,
according to a new poll Thursday.
Trio of polls: Support for raising taxes on wealthy - CNN Political Ticker
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/.../trio-of-polls-support-for-raising-taxes-on-wealthy/ - Cached
Dec 6, 2012 ... Trio of polls: Support for raising taxes on wealthy ... According to the Quinnipiac
poll, 65% of registered voters support higher taxes on incomes ...

So in simple terms you prefer ypur politician's to pander and not make the smart but unpopular votes

Poll: 65% favor taxing wealthy - Politico
www.politico.com/.../fiscal-cliff-voters-want-to-raise-taxes-on-wealthy-84675.html - Cached
according to a new poll Thursday. Sixty-five percent of voters back ...
Poll: 65 percent favor raising taxes on wealthy - Hampton Roads
hamptonroads.com/2012/12/poll-65-percent-favor-raising-taxes-wealthy
according to a new poll Thursday.
Trio of polls: Support for raising taxes on wealthy - CNN Political Ticker
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/.../trio-of-polls-support-for-raising-taxes-on-wealthy/ - Cached
Dec 6, 2012 ... Trio of polls: Support for raising taxes on wealthy ... According to the Quinnipiac
poll, 65% of registered voters support higher taxes on incomes ...

So in simple terms you prefer ypur politician's to pander and not make the smart but unpopular votes

Why is it unwise to want Mitt to pay at least as high a rate as I do?

Well, as I recall my old US history, this was because import and excise taxes were sitll pulling in the lion's share, but there was a popular view that war profiteers and the uber wealthy were abusing the public at large.

And I don't see the gop as suicidal, just putting themselves on the fringe as did the very left in 72-92. It's just that their base demands a stance that puts them at a huge disadvantage in national and large pop state elections.

That's why the Dems have won five of six presidential majorities and four electoral elections of the last six? That they have held the Senate that they should have lost in 2010?

The Democratic base is not leftist, just left of center, as mainstream Republicans are just right of center.

Forum List

Back