65% favor taxing wealthy, are Pubs suicidal?

Jake, how you making out with that list of One Innocent Person Ruined by Joe McCarthy?

Your question has been answered many times clearly to your discomfort. Tough that, buddy.

huh? 65% of the people want the tax to be levied on others than themselves? Really?

Wow.....surprising.

LMAO...and this is supposed to mean it is the proper thing to do?

Majority of working class and rich agree: people collecting welfare and public pensions should do our house work or yard work.

In your abandonment of the Conservative Party to rejoin the Republicans, I'm guessing that a new campaign slogan such as "Social Security - You earned it, now clean Mitt Romney's lawn," probably won't be a winning formula.

I did. It's like polls saying that people support less government spending but not less on Medicare, SS, defense, etc., or anything that really matters.

I'd also bet that given that most of upper earners' income is capital gains and dividends, the public would support raising taxes on those. Run a poll asking people if Romney or Buffett should pay a lower effective rate on all income than their employees, and I'm guessing there won't be much support for that.

Last edited:
Democrats say taxing the rich like they really think the rich are going to stay and take it.

The rich will fight it and lose. For a while. That is the nature of our politics. But the rich have done incredibly well since the mid-80s on, so they can afford it, and should pay it.

yawn.

Still pretending that 30 year post WW2 boom wasn't an anomaly, never to be repeated unless the industries of everyone else in the world get bombed out but us?

LOL

Granddaddy's machine tool job - where he slept half of his shift and scolded the new hires for producing too much and making them look bad - is gone forever.

That's a rich man's lie. I was there and saw what happened and you people can either shut up and quit trying to completely destroy every facet of America except your own or next time the ass kicking will be worse...regardless of what Fox News is telecasting from that bubble they live in. Let's see....Dick Morris declared that Romney would win by a landslide and Karl Rove said Romney would get 335 electoral votes. GAWD what wisdom......unmatched in the annals of modern man.

Says the man who has his already, retired, lives a 5000 sq foot house, etc etc
he can sit back and bitch about how others, Republicans, News stations, blaa blaa blaaa are so UNFAIR..

then comes on here and LECTURES OTHERS.....how friggen RICH

My pension is $5000 a month.....the house is about 2500 sq, ft. in the interest of accuracy.

I suspected you couldn't half read and I know this bothers Republicans:

"Dick Morris declared that Romney would win by a landslide and Karl Rove said Romney would get 335 electoral votes. GAWD what wisdom......unmatched in the annals of modern man."

Last edited:
Capital gains, dividends, and income should be taxed equally.

Whereas I believed otherwise for a while, I have to admit, I agree.

To tax income you DONT really earn at a lower rate than the income you bust your butt to earn, just seems a little warped.

Sure, some will "jump the investment ship" at the beginning...but in a short period of time, all will be right back into it.

Capital gains, dividends, and income should be taxed equally.

Whereas I believed otherwise for a while, I have to admit, I agree.

To tax income you DONT really earn at a lower rate than the income you bust your butt to earn, just seems a little warped.

Sure, some will "jump the investment ship" at the beginning...but in a short period of time, all will be right back into it.

Doesn't make much difference how you word it. Everybody lost ground except the uppercrust. Here's what happened:

uneven-distribution-of-income-growth.jpg

Last edited:
Majority of working class and rich agree: people collecting welfare and public pensions should do our house work or yard work.

In your abandonment of the Conservative Party to rejoin the Republicans, I'm guessing that a new campaign slogan such as "Social Security - You earned it, now clean Mitt Romney's lawn," probably won't be a winning formula.

Did I say Social Security?

I'm thinking if someone is healthy enough to post crap online, they can easily come over to my house and learn how to work the lawn mower

Your question has been answered many times clearly to your discomfort. Tough that, buddy.

It's been asked many times, you got that part right.

The answering part seems to not be your strong suit

In this right wing rag....there are no strong suites.

Doesn't make much difference how you word it. Everybody lost ground except the uppercrust. Here's what happened:

uneven-distribution-of-income-growth.jpg

Are you foolish?

Tax rates are almost as low as they were under Reagan and his "Trickle Down"...which never worked. If the Republican party doesn't go out of their way to reclaim some ordinary voters they are history:

3.jpg

Never worked huh I guess that explains that big economic boom we had in the 80's.

Economic boom? Reagan emptied the state mental hospitals and welfare facilities onto the streets and the homeless reached record numbers. He and GHW Bush quadrupled the national debt and in Jan. 1993 left a higher unemployment number than Jimmy Carter left when he finished. The fact is that Reagan was the first president to cut taxes to record low levels, not cut spending a dime and ruin the labor unions when he fired PATCO.

You want economic boom? One place to look. Bill Clinton raised taxes on the wealthy, generated 22 million new jobs, balanced the annual budget and actually generated $400 billion of surplus. He had straightened out the Reagan/Bush41 mess and had the entire debt on schedule to be paid off by now. Then along came George.

Then along came the dotcom bubble that busted and the economy was heading for the shitter when Bush took office. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Tens of thousands, Frank- ay caramba.

A few of the more famous people who were blacklisted or suffered some other persecution during McCarthyism are listed here:

* Leonard Bernstein, composer and conductor
* Charlie Chaplin, actor
* Aaron Copland, composer
* Bartley Crum, attorney
* Jules Dassin, director
* W.E.B. DuBois, civil rights activist and author
* Howard Fast, author
* Lee Grant, actress
* Dashiell Hammett, author
* Lillian Hellman, playwright

* John Hubley, animator
* Langston Hughes, author
* Sam Jaffe, actor
* Gypsy Rose Lee, actress
* Philip Loeb, actor
* Joseph Losey, director
* Burgess Meredith, actor
* Arthur Miller, playwright and essayist
* Zero Mostel, actor
* Clifford Odets, author
* J. Robert Oppenheimer, physicist, "father of the atomic bomb"

* Paul Robeson, actor, athlete, singer, author, political and civil rights activist
* Edward G. Robinson, actor
* Waldo Salt, author
* Pete Seeger, folk singer
* Artie Shaw, jazz musician
* Howard Da Silva, actor
* Paul Sweezy, economist and founder-editor of Monthly Review
* Tsien Hsue-shen, physicist
* Orson Welles, actor, author and director

OP- non-dupes know the 2% are bloated...

Never worked huh I guess that explains that big economic boom we had in the 80's.

Economic boom? Reagan emptied the state mental hospitals and welfare facilities onto the streets and the homeless reached record numbers. He and GHW Bush quadrupled the national debt and in Jan. 1993 left a higher unemployment number than Jimmy Carter left when he finished. The fact is that Reagan was the first president to cut taxes to record low levels, not cut spending a dime and ruin the labor unions when he fired PATCO.

You want economic boom? One place to look. Bill Clinton raised taxes on the wealthy, generated 22 million new jobs, balanced the annual budget and actually generated $400 billion of surplus. He had straightened out the Reagan/Bush41 mess and had the entire debt on schedule to be paid off by now. Then along came George.

Then along came the dotcom bubble that busted and the economy was heading for the shitter when Bush took office. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Right on top of it aren't you......NOT!

UNEMPLOYMENT %

2008.............5.8 *

* George Bush left office with the economy bleeding nearly 800,000 jobs a month. He, Bernanke and Paulson had just handed the richest banks in the world about $800 billion with no specification about how it had to be used.

God Damn.......I sure would hate to be a Republican(T Party)

Last edited:

Right on top of it aren't you......NOT!

UNEMPLOYMENT %

2008.............5.8 *

* George Bush left office with the economy bleeding nearly 800,000 jobs a month. He, Bernanke and Paulson had just handed the richest banks in the world about $800 billion with no specification about how it had to be used.

God Damn.......I sure would hate to be a Republican(T Party)

Changing the subject from the economy Clinton handed Bush is OK, but here are a few facts on TARP for you to think about.

1. The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008. It was a component of the government's measures in 2008 to address the subprime mortgage crisis.

2. The TARP program originally authorized expenditures of $700 billion. The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act reduced the amount authorized to $475 billion. By March 28, 2012, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) stated that total disbursements would be $431 billion and estimated the total cost, including grants for mortgage programs that have not yet been made, would be $32 billion.

On February 10, 2009, the newly confirmed Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner outlined his plan to use the remaining $300 billion or so in TARP funds.

65% want others to pay for what they want??

Why do you people always reduce it to freeloading? You all have such a backwards and retarded understanding for how our economy works.

Who is freeloading the most?

a) A person on welfare.

b) A hedge fund manager heavily invested in energy and defense companies.

Forum List

Back