60 Years of Apartheid

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
I know there will be some who do not agree with this post but we also believe in freedom of speech in this nation. Whenever I marvel at how well Israel has done I also consider the other side of that coin. Today we have support staff there, globalization, really technology, has sure changed this world. If only we could get along.

Israel's Grim Anniversary By Sharon Smith

"South Africa’s white minority government was finally overthrown in 1993, after decades of black popular and working-class resistance. That year, the black majority democratically elected the African National Congress--previously derided as a “terrorist” organization by apartheid’s imperial supporters, including the U.S.--to lead its government. Freedom fighter Nelson Mandela, having spent 27 years in a South African prison and reviled as an international terrorist, was reinvented in the Western press as an elder statesman.

Now the apartheid state of Israel fears it will meet the same fate from its own oppressed, and growing, Palestinian population. While Israel’s proponents continue to rhetorically claim that the Zionist state is the only bulwark against another Holocaust, its leaders also continue to openly express its true identification with South Africa’s racist regime."

http://www.counterpunch.org/sharon05222008.html

i'e made that same pint many times over.

enjoy your new scarlet patch.

I know there will be some who do not agree with this post but we also believe in freedom of speech in this nation. Whenever I marvel at how well Israel has done I also consider the other side of that coin. Today we have support staff there, globalization, really technology, has sure changed this world. If only we could get along.

Israel's Grim Anniversary By Sharon Smith

"South Africa’s white minority government was finally overthrown in 1993, after decades of black popular and working-class resistance. That year, the black majority democratically elected the African National Congress--previously derided as a “terrorist” organization by apartheid’s imperial supporters, including the U.S.--to lead its government. Freedom fighter Nelson Mandela, having spent 27 years in a South African prison and reviled as an international terrorist, was reinvented in the Western press as an elder statesman.

Now the apartheid state of Israel fears it will meet the same fate from its own oppressed, and growing, Palestinian population. While Israel’s proponents continue to rhetorically claim that the Zionist state is the only bulwark against another Holocaust, its leaders also continue to openly express its true identification with South Africa’s racist regime."

http://www.counterpunch.org/sharon05222008.html

Not a valid point. This asserations has many inaccuracies.
(1) Israel didn't acquire the West Bank and Gaza until '67. That so 41 years is better math. Do you not think its ironic that Egypt and Jordan respectfully refused to give the Palestinians Gaza and WB when they occupied it? Isn't Ironic that the Palestinians opposition were expelled from Jordan after they revolted early on, so that the Palestinians couldn't make similar claims to Jordan?

(2) Israel has not annexed the West Bank and Gaza and want to create a Palestinian State. They have tried to negotiate for one many times, but when Israel won't agree to either mass-suicide or taking on millions of enemies of the state the negotiations break down.

(3) The Palestinians aren't Israeli citizens they are Palestinians. The PA now governs them. They were given authority when Ara'fatass was in charge.

(4) The Arab Israelis receive the same rights as Jewish Israelis: (1) They get 1 vote like every citizen, (2) They have rights to own land, (3) Freedom of Speech, (4) Freedom to Petition and Protest the government, (5) Right to a trial, (6) Right to public services, (7) Right to serve in the army, (8) Right to hold political office (There are Arab Mayors, MKs, municipal workers and even an Arab Supreme Court justice), (9) Right to freely practice their religion, (10) The right to work and own businesses, (11) the right to form political parties, etc. In fact the Arabs in Israel have more rights that Arabs in majority of Arab countries.

http://www.counterpunch.org/sharon05222008.html[/QUOTE]

I just read the whole article! What a crock of shit from an obvious antisemitic biased writer who ignores all the facts. I love the Olmert quote, to which she butchered the quote for her own slanderous motives. Olmert stated stating that its about absolutely necessary for Israel to create a Palestinian state, to which the vast majority of Israelis agree with, because the alternative would be a apartheid regime. They never identify with the South African regime that is bogus slander. Compare apples to apples asshole. If you are going to compare the South African Blacks, then compare them to the Israeli Arabs! The comparison stops there.

Fucking anti-semites have not souls!

i told ya, dude.

c7.48.4.kneejerk.jpg

Yesterday, Obama said any agreement concerning Palestinians must "preserve Israel's identity as a Jewish state."

What does that mean, "a Jewish state" ?

Is Israel a democracy or a theocracy? Or a little of both?

Israel is a Jewish Country. Sometimes that's used as a religious identification, sometimes as an ethnic one and sometimes as a cultural identification. The reason for that is that Jews have been defined differently by the places in which they've lived.

Israel a parliamentary democracy.

I'm curious, though, why don't people ask questions about why the United Arab Emirates is an Arab country?

Yesterday, Obama said any agreement concerning Palestinians must "preserve Israel's identity as a Jewish state."

What does that mean, "a Jewish state" ?

Is Israel a democracy or a theocracy? Or a little of both?

dont ask hard questions like that if you don't want t wear a Scarlet A. If America were to put as much emphasis on its ethnic majority as israel does ITS ethnic majority we'd be compared to the 1930s south. OR, ironically enough, Hitler's Germany.

I mean, when Germany wanted an Aryan nation it was a bad thing, remember?

In israel? Well, anything less must be antisemitism.

Now, watch as the usual zionists rationalize israels racism by deflecting criticism at muslims. You know, because slavery in the south would have been OK just as long as some other EVIL country was doing it too.

did I mention that muslims are evil? Has that taken you r mind off of israels racism yet? Evil arabs validate state based racism in case you didn't know.

Last edited:
Israel is a Jewish Country. Sometimes that's used as a religious identification, sometimes as an ethnic one and sometimes as a cultural identification. The reason for that is that Jews have been defined differently by the places in which they've lived.

Israel a parliamentary democracy.

I'm curious, though, why don't people ask questions about why the United Arab Emirates is an Arab country?

Or Sweden a Swedish country.

I would say that Americans question Israel more, even though The UAE is obviously much more theocratic than Israel, because Americans feel closer to Israel culturally and expect it to meet a higher standard.

Or Sweden a Swedish country.

I would say that Americans question Israel more, even though The UAE is obviously much more theocratic than Israel, because Americans feel closer to Israel culturally and expect it to meet a higher standard.

But perhaps some question so much that the double standard becomes onerous?

True. Especially when you consider that the US itself, confined the native populations, even those tribes which had converted to Christianity, to reservations.

Which leads me to ask, why can't atheists have their own country?

Indeed.. as an actual racist might ponder, WHY can't white christians have the US much in the same way jews claim israel? Or, german aryans for that matter?

But, you've breached the uncomfortable questions so prepare yourself for the knee jerk reaction and your own nifty star of david to wear on your sleeve.

consistency seems to be antisemitic... How DARE someone expect israel to abide by the same western standards of non-discrimination as the rest of us.

:thup:

Not a valid point. This asserations has many inaccuracies.
(1) Israel didn't acquire the West Bank and Gaza until '67. That so 41 years is better math. Do you not think its ironic that Egypt and Jordan respectfully refused to give the Palestinians Gaza and WB when they occupied it? Isn't Ironic that the Palestinians opposition were expelled from Jordan after they revolted early on, so that the Palestinians couldn't make similar claims to Jordan?

You seem to be forgetting that before 1948 the entire area WAS Palestine. Gaza and the West bank were only 22% of pre-1948 Palestine, which the Palestenians agreed to keep. That means that they ceded over three quarters of their previous land for the creation of Israel. Obviously Egypt and Jordan didn't want Palestinions in their land either, but why were they in Egypt and Jordan anyway? Because they got kicked out of PALESTINE (key word).

(2) Israel has not annexed the West Bank and Gaza and want to create a Palestinian State. They have tried to negotiate for one many times, but when Israel won't agree to either mass-suicide or taking on millions of enemies of the state the negotiations break down.

Haha, you've never seen a map of the proposal, have you? The Israeli proposal does this: it takes Palestine, already split up in three parts, and then chops up the West Bank into little pieces, keeping the absolutely crucial water resources of the region, leaving an archipelago of poor palestinian enclaves surrounded by Israeli settlements and development.

Just take a look at the walls that they're building- that should give you a good picture of what the proposal would leave palestine with.

(3) The Palestinians aren't Israeli citizens they are Palestinians. The PA now governs them. They were given authority when Ara'fatass was in charge.

(4) The Arab Israelis receive the same rights as Jewish Israelis: (1) They get 1 vote like every citizen, (2) They have rights to own land, (3) Freedom of Speech, (4) Freedom to Petition and Protest the government, (5) Right to a trial, (6) Right to public services, (7) Right to serve in the army, (8) Right to hold political office (There are Arab Mayors, MKs, municipal workers and even an Arab Supreme Court justice), (9) Right to freely practice their religion, (10) The right to work and own businesses, (11) the right to form political parties, etc. In fact the Arabs in Israel have more rights that Arabs in majority of Arab countries.

from Amnesty International:

"The 700-kilometre fence/wall that Israel is building through theWest Bank, from north to south and through parts of Jerusalem, is causing massive long-term damage to Palestinian life and is undermining the ability of those living in dozens of villages and communities to realise a wide range of their human rights.3

More than half of the length of the fence/wall has been completed and work is
proceeding on the rest. Already, tens of thousands of olive and other trees and areas of fertile agricultural land have been uprooted and destroyed, dozens of homes have been demolished, and tens of thousands of Palestinians have been cut off from their land and means of earning a living."

It's on amnesty international's Israel Report, from June 2007. Look it up.

It's got pictures of the wall already constructed, and the proposed path/construction underway.

On the other hand, Amnesty International is obviously a bunch of communist anti-semites that must be lying and conspiring for the destruction of Israel. Duh!

Forum List

Back