60 Percent Of Americans Soon Will Live In States With Marriage Equality

I thought conservatives were for less gov't interference. So why then regulate what two consenting adults do? From where are they getting their ideas from? As a lifelong Christian I don't understand their viewpoint. Please explain.

Biology 101, go buy a textbook.

No one cares what two people or three people, or multiple people DO. But to call that a marriage is offensive to a majority of the people on planet earth.

Let gays legally commit to each other, give that union equality with a man/woman marriage. But a gay union is NOT a marriage.

But thats the issue with the gay agenda. They are trying to mandage societal acceptance by government dictate and FORCE the majority to change their basic beliefs regarding men and women. And, then to penalize any who dare to disagree with that government mandate.

This is much bigger than gay marriage. Wake up America.
Incorrect.

There is no such thing as 'gay marriage,' there is only one marriage law that can accommodate two equal adult and consenting partners entering into a committed relationship recognized by the state – same- or opposite sex, it makes no difference.

Marriage is the same contract law whether the couple is same- or opposite-sex, to seek to contrive 'civil union' laws applicable only to same sex couples is just as un-Constitutional as seeking to prohibit same-sex couples from accessing marriage law they're eligible to participate in; 'separate but equal' is just as repugnant to the Founding Document with regard to sexual orientation as it is race.

Incorrect.

There is no such thing as 'gay marriage,' there is only one marriage law that can accommodate two equal adult and consenting partners entering into a committed relationship recognized by the state – same- or opposite sex, it makes no difference.

Marriage is the same contract law whether the couple is same- or opposite-sex, to seek to contrive 'civil union' laws applicable only to same sex couples is just as un-Constitutional as seeking to prohibit same-sex couples from accessing marriage law they're eligible to participate in; 'separate but equal' is just as repugnant to the Founding Document with regard to sexual orientation as it is race.

Wrong, in the UK, Australia, Canada, South Africa and other countries, there is Gay Marriage, the first four are important because they're English Speaking countries.

I thought conservatives were for less gov't interference. So why then regulate what two consenting adults do? From where are they getting their ideas from? As a lifelong Christian I don't understand their viewpoint. Please explain.

No one cares what two people or three people, or multiple people DO. But to call that a marriage is offensive to a majority of the people on planet earth.

Let gays legally commit to each other, give that union equality with a man/woman marriage. But a gay union is NOT a marriage.

But thats the issue with the gay agenda. They are trying to mandage societal acceptance by government dictate and FORCE the majority to change their basic beliefs regarding men and women. And, then to penalize any who dare to disagree with that government mandate.

Incorrect.

Yes, indeed.

Americans will have their legal right to homosexual marriage recognized but will still be subject to the slavery being perpetrated by the welfare/warfare police state.

What skylark says is bull and falsehoods and concoctions about what states want to do, as usual from Leftists. And what the other Ss don't git is that sexual orientation is a choice not a human condition,

Hmmm not my experience. I have never been attracted to men. Even as a child- even before I knew about sex I liked women.

And do to this day- the way they smell, their curves, everything. I could never 'choose' to be attracted to a man. That is just one of the reasons I am happily married to my wife for over 20 years.

But for you, you believe it is a choice?

Could you chose to be attracted to the same gender? Assuming you are a man, could you decide to look at a picture of Brad Pitt and think "Man I would love to get boned by him"?

Of course you could- and maybe you have- chose to have sex with someone of the same gender without actually being attracted to them- but homosexuality- and heterosexuality- is about which gender you are sexually attracted to- when I walk down the street, I check out women's shapes- not mens.

What about you? Tell us how your orientation is a choice for you.

Government marriage is inequality, so this thread is boasting of equal inequality, it's an oxymoron.

Well then argue to end marriage.

But as long as marriage is legal in the United States- gays get marriage equality when they have the legal right to marry each other.

I've been married to my wife for 48 great years. She has been my inspiration. She advised me to take a chance and never look back when starting my own construction business. n She worked with 3rd grade students for 33 years. We had 3 wonderful kids and raised them and they are doing well. That being said, I don't see the huge issue with gay marriage. Why do some feel so threatened by it? I see it as a concocted issue.

For some folks, its a State's rights issue. For others, its a deep seeded prejudice against gays and lesbians. If their marriages are recognized as being as legally valid as straight marriages, then its harder to demean, degrade or generally treat gays and lesbians as less. As their relationships are legally equivalent. For those with less rabid prejudices against gays, gay marriage stands as one of the last societal bastions of denomralization for people and sexual acts that they consider immoral.

To believe that something is wrong, is not prejudice. Its a belief based on knowledge of human biology.

I hold no prejudice against gays, ask any of my gay friends or relatives.

You on the left have to make this a prejudice issue because its the only way you can try to overcome common sense.

BTW, the voters of 30 states have voted against gay marriage. The people have spoken. But in liberal america the people no longer have a voice. The dictatorship of the minority controls.

This country is in serious condition.

Well I do worry that people like yourself either suffer from ignorance about the U.S. Constitution, or just reject the U.S. Constitution.

Just like states did not have the 'right' to deny blacks in the South their civil rights just because voters voted on them- the same holds true over any Constitutional issue.

Congress makes laws.
Executive applies laws
Courts interpret laws- and overturn unconstitutional laws.

If that wasn't the case- there would be states today with laws preventing gun ownership.

And Conservatives suddenly are all about the power of the courts denying 'the people have spoken' when it comes to gun rights.

That was a quote about interracial marriage, bigot. Sound familiar?

No, the bigotry was based on a superficial trait. This is not about a superficial trait.

We KNOW mixed races can procreate. We also KNOW same sex couplings can't.

You are as ignorant and bigoted as they were. They didn't see their bigotry and you don't see yours. Same bigots, different day and target. You're in fine company, bigot.

Your delusions make it impossible for you to see the obvious

That is your problem.

If you can't create another enabler, THEY must be a bigot

That is the problem with enablers, the delusioned never get past the delusions.

Pity really

The "obvious" is that procreation has never been required for civil marriage and yet you want to make it one only for gays (who can and do procreate). That makes you an anti gay bigot. Wear it proudly old fella.

What's obvious is that same sex couplings create zero children.

The fact that my kind does, makes your delusions, and your assertions laughable.

The argument that fails every time in court.

Not so long ago I believed that some alternative to marriage for homosexuals was going to be acceptable- then Conservatives made huge efforts to ensure that States would not recognize legally the equivalent status of 'Domestic Partnerships", and I realized that it wasn't just 'marriage' that Conservatives objected to- it was equal rights for homosexual couples.

So I changed my mind- Conservatives like yourself will always oppose equal rights for gay couples. Gays might as well go for the exact same thing rather than compromise to your hurt feelings.

Same gender marriage is legal in 30 states now- and over a dozen countries. The world has not ended. My marriage has not suffered.

And if your marriage fell apart- it wasn't because of same sex marriage.

No, the bigotry was based on a superficial trait. This is not about a superficial trait.

We KNOW mixed races can procreate. We also KNOW same sex couplings can't.

You are as ignorant and bigoted as they were. They didn't see their bigotry and you don't see yours. Same bigots, different day and target. You're in fine company, bigot.

That is your problem.

Pity really

The "obvious" is that procreation has never been required for civil marriage and yet you want to make it one only for gays (who can and do procreate). That makes you an anti gay bigot. Wear it proudly old fella.

The fact that my kind does, makes your delusions, and your assertions laughable.

"Your kind"? You mean bigots?

My kind, THE kind that mates with opposite gender is responsible for every man, woman and child.

That's not being bigoted sillywolf, it's the way the world works.

See your delusion?

If George Carlin was still alive, he would just be tearing this issue up. Marriage Equality? That's like Pet Sincerity parking or Oval circularity day. The Idea of gays needing a special right to marry each other is so contrived as to be a joke. Why take this seriously?

That is your problem.

Pity really

My kind, THE kind that mates with opposite gender is responsible for every man, woman and child.

See your delusion?

Nope...but yours is obvious for all to see. Not a single couple in the history of the United States has ever had to procreate in order to civilly marry...nor has any civil marriage been rendered null and void for an inability or even an unwillingness to have children. Couples marry ALL THE TIME that never have any intention or even ability to have children...but you don't want to keep them from civil marriage, only the gays.

That leaves only bigot left. Obviously you're ashamed of being a bigot. Instead of being ashamed of being a bigot, stop being one.

Americans will have their legal right to homosexual marriage recognized but will still be subject to the slavery being perpetrated by the welfare/warfare police state.

You may want to start your own thread about the 'slavery being perpetrated by the welfare/warfare police state'. As it has nothing to do with gay marriage.

Nope...but yours is obvious for all to see. Not a single couple in the history of the United States has ever had to procreate in order to civilly marry...nor has any civil marriage been rendered null and void for an inability or even an unwillingness to have children. Couples marry ALL THE TIME that never have any intention or even ability to have children...but you don't want to keep them from civil marriage, only the gays.

About 1 in 4 marriages never result in kids. If the institution of marriage can survive 25% of marriages failing to meet the imaginary 'children are the purpose of marriage' standard, then surely it can survive gays and lesbians failing to meet the same imaginary standard.

If George Carlin was still alive, he would just be tearing this issue up. Marriage Equality? That's like Pet Sincerity parking or Oval circularity day. The Idea of gays needing a special right to marry each other is so contrived as to be a joke. Why take this seriously?

Gays and lesbians aren't looking for a 'special right'. They're looking for the same right that everyone else has: the right to marry the person they want if that person wants to marry them back.

And there's no valid reason to deny them.

The obvious problem with your reasoning being that marriage doesn't requuire children or the ability to have them. A full 25% of marriages never produce children.

Nor are marriages the only way to produce children. Nor are biological children the only way to have a family. One can adopt.

All of which you ignore. But there's no reason a rational person ever would.

To believe that something is wrong, is not prejudice. Its a belief based on knowledge of human biology.

And what does 'human biology' have to do with the validity of marriage? I've studied biology. There's no mention of marriage anywhere.
And in 0 of 50 states is a couple required to have children or to be able to have children in order to get married. 1 in 4 marriages never result in children. Why then would gay marriage be 'wrong' for failing to meet a legal standard that doesn't exist and applies to no one?

In short, why would gay marriage be 'wrong'?

That is your problem.

Pity really

See your delusion?

That leaves only bigot left. Obviously you're ashamed of being a bigot. Instead of being ashamed of being a bigot, stop being one.

Yet, they've had to prove the could not

Ashamed of being the norm?

Hardly

The obvious problem with your reasoning being that marriage doesn't requuire children or the ability to have them. A full 25% of marriages never produce children.

Nor are marriages the only way to produce children. Nor are biological children the only way to have a family. One can adopt.

All of which you ignore. But there's no reason a rational person ever would.

A full 100% of same sex couplings produce children.

The law can't change biology.

You can kick and scream till the cows come home, the two demographic groups are nowhere near the same.

Forum List

Back