6 months for sucker-punch murder?

Manslaughter is defined as the killing of a person without express or implied malice.

So the charge would be valid in any state

This was just another shitty plea deal

In NY there a specific "one punch rule" that was used here, so all they could charge him with was assault.

Remember the law doesn't have to make sense.

So maybe if i only run over a guy once I won't get charged with vehicular manslaughter

WTF is in the water in NYC?

Running over isn't punching. Again the law can be very peculiar.

And NYC water is among the best in the world, so it isn't that.
I've had the water in NYC and it tasted awful

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Where did you get i from?
A hotel tap

In a restaurant

At a bar

It was disgusting

I get all my water from 300 foot deep well and it's the best water I ever had

It was a plea deal. It doesn't sound just to me. I think anyone who sucker-punches and kills another should be EXECUTED.

Irish bartender sobs as he is sentenced to just SIX MONTHS jail for one-punch death | Daily Mail Online

It's a weird part of the law on assault that just throwing and connecting with one punch cannot be considered an attempt to kill.

I've been in that bar plenty of times, its actually not that rough of a place, but the day before Thanksgiving is a big "amatuer night", and a lot of people are out and very drunk.
Still no excuse

In NY there a specific "one punch rule" that was used here, so all they could charge him with was assault.

Remember the law doesn't have to make sense.

So maybe if i only run over a guy once I won't get charged with vehicular manslaughter

WTF is in the water in NYC?

Running over isn't punching. Again the law can be very peculiar.

And NYC water is among the best in the world, so it isn't that.
I've had the water in NYC and it tasted awful

Where did you get i from?
A hotel tap

In a restaurant

At a bar

It was disgusting

I get all my water from 300 foot deep well and it's the best water I ever had

hotels in NYC usually store the water in towers on the roof. other places have storage issues as well.

NYC water from home taps is some of purest out there, due to the surface nature of the water, and the large areas around the reserviors kept natural.

It was a plea deal. It doesn't sound just to me. I think anyone who sucker-punches and kills another should be EXECUTED.

Irish bartender sobs as he is sentenced to just SIX MONTHS jail for one-punch death | Daily Mail Online

It's a weird part of the law on assault that just throwing and connecting with one punch cannot be considered an attempt to kill.

I've been in that bar plenty of times, its actually not that rough of a place, but the day before Thanksgiving is a big "amatuer night", and a lot of people are out and very drunk.
Still no excuse

Well don't expect it to get better in NYC with the whole Bail Reform thing going on. The goal is more criminals on the street, not less.

Clearly, the law needs to be changed. The punishment in this case is just as absurd as the punishment for the illegal migrant, Francisco Sanchez who shot Kathryn Steinle and was only convicted of the gun charge. When a person physically assaults another, there is always the possibility of a death occurring, even if just a remote possibility. Even punching a person once, just as in this case, can cause death (hitting your head on concrete, causing a cerebral bleed, or a heart attack if the person was elderly, or the elderly fall, break a hip and don't recover well).

Forum List

Back