6 months for sucker-punch murder?

It was a plea deal. It doesn't sound just to me. I think anyone who sucker-punches and kills another should be EXECUTED.

Irish bartender sobs as he is sentenced to just SIX MONTHS jail for one-punch death | Daily Mail Online

It's a weird part of the law on assault that just throwing and connecting with one punch cannot be considered an attempt to kill.

I've been in that bar plenty of times, its actually not that rough of a place, but the day before Thanksgiving is a big "amatuer night", and a lot of people are out and very drunk.

It was a plea deal. It doesn't sound just to me. I think anyone who sucker-punches and kills another should be EXECUTED.

Irish bartender sobs as he is sentenced to just SIX MONTHS jail for one-punch death | Daily Mail Online

Sounds like unintended involuntary manslaughter. Don't know the circumstances, but it sounds like mitigating circumstances. Not sure whether 6 months is enough, but I'm not sure he deserves hung from a tree neither.

If you have an unknown hairline crack in a bone in your neck and I slap you on the back for telling a joke and you fall dead with a severed spinal cord, do you want to execute me?

Sounds like unintended involuntary manslaughter. Don't know the circumstances, but it sounds like mitigating circumstances. Not sure whether 6 months is enough, but I'm not sure he deserves hung from a tree neither.

If you have an unknown hairline crack in a bone in your neck and I slap you on the back for telling a joke and you fall dead with a severed spinal cord, do you want to execute me?
Not comparable. The man intended harm with the sucker punch, and he got it. A friendly pat on the back has no harmful intent.

• Banned

Come on bro.

It's a weird part of the law on assault that just throwing and connecting with one punch cannot be considered an attempt to kill.

I've been in that bar plenty of times, its actually not that rough of a place, but the day before Thanksgiving is a big "amatuer night", and a lot of people are out and very drunk.
It's still manslaughter at the very least and this asshole should get at least 10 years

• Banned

Not comparable. The man intended harm with the sucker punch, and he got it. A friendly pat on the back has no harmful intent.

Not sure I've ever heard of anyone sucker punching another because they wished you well. But did he intend to KILL him? No. So the death penalty is out of the question. A judge might assign anything from 0 to 99 years jail for IM. That said, I think 6 months a pretty short time in a case where a person actually died. What did the coroner say?

Should be a felony(over 11/29). Nobody learns anything in 6 months. The victim is gone forever.

It was a plea and I confess to not being familiar with the case.
I'm not either. I just value human life. I would have take the plea also, if in the bar tender's shoes. Doubt I would have offered that lite sentence if in the prosecutor's shoes.

I was having some beers in our local tavern and two guys got into it...they ended up in the parking lot where one of them fell hit his head and died after he was punched...the puncher got charged with murder and was acquitted by a jury...I never understood that whole case...to me the puncher should have been charged with manslaughter and at least would have done some time for what he did...but I guess living with it was also punishment...

It's still manslaughter at the very least and this asshole should get at least 10 years

In principle yes, but according to the law (in NY) it isn't. It's assault.

Manslaughter is defined as the killing of a person without express or implied malice.

So the charge would be valid in any state

This was just another shitty plea deal

Manslaughter is defined as the killing of a person without express or implied malice.

In NY there a specific "one punch rule" that was used here, so all they could charge him with was assault.

Remember the law doesn't have to make sense.

In NY there a specific "one punch rule" that was used here, so all they could charge him with was assault.

So maybe if i only run over a guy once I won't get charged with vehicular manslaughter

WTF is in the water in NYC?

So maybe if i only run over a guy once I won't get charged with vehicular manslaughter

Running over isn't punching. Again the law can be very peculiar.

And NYC water is among the best in the world, so it isn't that.

No it’s not the water in NY. It’s just that there plain and simple Democrat scum who are to stupid to make common sense laws. You must live in NY because you sound like all the other Assholes that live there. Leave it to Libtards to have screwed up laws like this. Just let the killers walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the water in NYC and it tasted awful

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I do NOT think that sucker punchers should be executed (unless, of course, their victims die).

But they should be sentenced to ten years' imprisonment ( no time off for "good behavior").

In prison, other inmates (besides raping him) will also introduce him to how it feels to be sucker punched.

I've had the water in NYC and it tasted awful

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Where did you get i from?

Forum List

Back