6 In 10 Young Republicans Favor Legal Marijuana...So why dont Republicans?

You see if we follow your reasoning that government shouldn't be allowed to make laws on things that people do then laws about child rape and murder should be repealed.

I knew you could do it. :slap:

This is why young people especially, need to understand that it's warped old farts making and enforcing laws. They need to elect young politicians and then wait for the old farts to die off. It's the only hope for any real change.
Son I doubt you have the life experience to understand the world.

Most crusty old farts believe they understand the world, but most don't. The World has passed them by. It's left em in the dust, clinging to outdated and ridiculous concepts.
Spoken Like Al Gore.....

and so only the elite few should make those decisions for us???? Sorry but we went to war in the founding of this country to break away from such nonsense.

Nope. Not even them. The decisions were all made thousands of years ago when mankind first founded civilizations.

You see if we follow your reasoning that government shouldn't be allowed to make laws on things that people do then laws about child rape and murder should be repealed.

Coming for a ignorant fool who would gladly give up all his freedom just to get high like you doesn't give me much apprehension.

You don't understand freedom do you?
I do ... More then you do. I Live in a republic. I also and not so fucking stupid that I will promote making people as stupid as you by destroying their cognitive functions so even more stupid fucks like you are made.

I do ... More then you do. I Live in a republic. I also and not so fucking stupid that I will promote making people as stupid as you by destroying their cognitive functions so even more stupid fucks like you are made.

Wait, is this an example of cognitive function?

Older republicans see what young people do when they are high. Older democrats are high themselves.

Yep. Attended a round table discussion when in high school... included were several long time drug users. Their brains were so messed up they could barely communicate. It was sad. I will never forget that either.

ap609761613042-bcce402b2ff43ab38e226209b23f40a4682b38ed-s800-c85.jpg

Nearly two-thirds of Millennials who identify as Republican support legalizing marijuana, while almost half of older GOP Gen-Xers do, according to a recently released Pew survey that could be an indicator of where the debate is heading.

While the Pew Research Center survey published on Friday shows a 14 percentage point gap between Republicans and Democrats under the age of 34, six-in-10 GOP-leaning Millennials still said they favor legalizing cannabis. Seventy-seven percent of surveyed Democrats in the same age group held that view.

For those aged 35 to 50, the same 14 percentage point gap between Republicans and Democrats was evident, but the respective percentages were somewhat lower. In that age group, 47 percent of Republicans favored legalization, as opposed to 61 percent of Democrats.

As Pew notes: "The debate over marijuana also comes ahead of the 2016 presidential election, when both political parties are fighting over the coveted Millennial vote as this group of eligible voters swells in size, even if its members do not consistently show up on Election Day."

The survey follows controversial decisions in Alaska and the District of Colombia.They join Colorado and Washington State. Medical marijuana is legal in some other states, such as California and Minnesota.

The survey on attitudes on marijuana legalization by political affiliation largely mirrors a survey Pew conducted a year ago concerning same-sex marriage. It showed that 61 percent of self-identified Republicans under 30 favored allowing gays and lesbians to marry, as opposed to 77 percent of Democrats in the same age group.

Another example of the point I frequently make, that the biggest political divide in our country is generational.

Older republicans see what young people do when they are high. Older democrats are high themselves.

Yep. Attended a round table discussion when in high school... included were several long time drug users. Their brains were so messed up they could barely communicate. It was sad. I will never forget that either.

Then again, when I graduated HS, our valedictorian was one of the biggest drug users in school. (This was back in the day when schools only had one valedictorian instead of 10 because back then it was okay to win and okay to let other students know they'd lost).

One joint vs one cigarette------------the joint has 4 times as much tar and is therfore 4 times more damaging to your lungs.

But if you choose to destroy your body for a temporary high (or low) go right ahead, just don't ask to use my tax dollars to pay for your lung cancer, emphasema, or heart surgery.

Another example of the point I frequently make, that the biggest political divide in our country is generational.

The difference is..... Conservative Elders instruct their children on how things should be while Liberal Children demand their elders do things the Child's way.

The difference is..... Conservative Elders instruct their children on how things should be while Liberal Children demand their elders do things the Child's way.

One joint vs one cigarette------------the joint has 4 times as much tar and is therfore 4 times more damaging to your lungs.

But if you choose to destroy your body for a temporary high (or low) go right ahead, just don't ask to use my tax dollars to pay for your lung cancer, emphasema, or heart surgery.

Pulmonary Researcher, Donald Tashkin and colleagues at UCLA conducted a major study in which they measured lung function of various cohorts over eight years and found that tobacco-only smokers had an accelerated rate of decline, but marijuana smokers –even if they smoked tobacco as well– experienced the same rate of decline as non-smokers.

“The more tobacco smoked, the greater the rate of decline,” said Tashkin. “In contrast, no matter how much marijuana was smoked, the rate of decline was similar to normal.” (Scroll down for video interview)

New research shows there seems to be something in pot that actually undermines cancer, instead of causing it – and the media are doing their best to ignore it.

Smoking Marijuana Does Not Cause Lung Cancer Patients for Medical Cannabis

Coming for a ignorant fool who would gladly give up all his freedom just to get high like you doesn't give me much apprehension.

You don't understand freedom do you?

When you get off your high horse telling all of us what we should and should not do, trying learning to speak and write intelligible sentences.

If a state votes no to legal pot move to fucking Washington and shut the fuck up.

Actually, moving to Colorado would be a better alternative.

Colorado has a very good system in place. I personally think that if cannabis is legalized, Colorado would be a very good example to follow.

They keep it out of children's hands (the only ones who let kids get it is their parents), and they also make sure that you know what you're getting, and what the effect can be.

Liquor stores don't do that much.

Pot is worse for human lungs than tobacco. Libs want to ban tobacco while legalizing pot. another example of why liberalism is a mental disease.
how much pot are we talking about?.......

gee i wonder why they picked several whose heads were fucked up?......do you think they had an agenda?....

If a state votes no to legal pot move to fucking Washington and shut the fuck up.

Colorado has a very good system in place. I personally think that if cannabis is legalized, Colorado would be a very good example to follow.

They keep it out of children's hands (the only ones who let kids get it is their parents), and they also make sure that you know what you're getting, and what the effect can be.

Pot is worse for human lungs than tobacco. Libs want to ban tobacco while legalizing pot. another example of why liberalism is a mental disease.

gee i wonder why they picked several whose heads were fucked up?......do you think they had an agenda?....
No, it wasn't a round table about drug abuse.

No, it wasn't a round table about drug abuse.
what was it about then?....

I already explained how much we are talking about. on a one to one basis pot puts 4 times as much tar and chemicals into human lungs. One cig vs one joint---------------get it now?

Forum List

Back