5 puny inches of snow in London and Heathrow airport still in chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the airport at Columbia South Carolina got five inches of snow, they would shut down too. But, if five inches fell at Greater Pittsburgh International, the airport would probably close for a couple hours until the equipment was dispatched and problem solved.

I heard that the British army volunteered to clear the runways at Heathrow, but were told to stand down because the authorities at Heathrow wanted the job done properly.

If the airport at Columbia South Carolina got five inches of snow, they would shut down too. But, if five inches fell at Greater Pittsburgh International, the airport would probably close for a couple hours until the equipment was dispatched and problem solved.

I heard that the British army volunteered to clear the runways at Heathrow, but were told to stand down because the authorities at Heathrow wanted the job done properly.

Now that's funny.

but if you think about it, there's a lot of training that goes into shovleing snow.

First time I had to shovel snow (in Northern Il) my Dad handed me the shovel and told me to get it all of the sidewalk, off the drive way and pointed to where he wanted the snow.

I was so confused, I can see where the need for governement oversite.

He even told me to shovel the neighbors snow! Imagine the horror and confusion that brought upon my small shoulders.

And what did I get for all this!!

A big glass of hot coacoa!

:coffee:

It was good to.

They aren't prepared for it.... because they don't usually get snow... at least not in the quantities that they've had it this year. All the OP demonstrates is that they know jack shit about other countries.

They aren't prepared for it.... because they don't usually get snow... at least not in the quantities that they've had it this year. All the OP demonstrates is that they know jack shit about other countries.

Il had a fleet of plows loaded with salt all year around.
MO had nearly none.

12" of snow in IL and you went to school
1/4" in MO and you stayed home

I loved all the school I missed in MO, but there was never enough snow to really do anything with. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back