411 pound Feral Hog caught in San Antonio.

No armour on those dogs

Not all of em use it.
I know I damn sure would. I'd imagine it has to do with how much they paid for the dog.
A good Dogo Argentino will run you thousands of dollars.

407c9323d3ea0fe87fa0924a25e2d19d.jpg

Black mouth cur and plott hounds are awesome to hunt with to. As far as them getting chewed up, I have never really seen that happen. But I have seen where 5 dogs finally get on the hog and then they just go flying because the big just tosses them. I have seen a dog get its guts cut open by a bear one time. Tough ass doc to. He was lost and found a day later walking into town. He strolled along with some of his guts poking out of a three inch gash.

Feral hogs are a nuisance in many parts of America. They destroy crops and land. Oh and they have been know to attack people.

I see them all the time down here in Florida when I'm trail riding. Not nice animals and very destructive.
Agree...very destructive and not native.

And yet wild hogs were barely more than a curiosity in the Lone Star State until the 1980s. It’s only since then that the population has exploded, and not entirely because of the animals’ intelligence, adaptability and fertility. Hunters found them challenging prey, so wild hog populations were nurtured on ranches that sold hunting leases; some captured hogs were released in other parts of the state. Game ranchers set out feed to attract deer, but wild hogs pilfered it, growing more fecund. Finally, improved animal husbandry reduced disease among domestic pigs, thereby reducing the incidence among wild hogs.
Read more: A Plague of Pigs in Texas | Science | Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! Give the gift of Smithsonian
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

humanely removed and taken to the slaughter house....why risk your dogs and your own life....feral hogs have long been a problem in the smokies.....so far they have not spread to this part of the blue ridge....hogs will tear the hell outta your land....old timers used them to clear lots and basically root the lot up and turn the soil...i would use a rifle you dont have to have an ak anything to hunt hogs

Forum List

Back