411 pound Feral Hog caught in San Antonio.

948673d23df7ae0284fb5aa24ee4f9b8

Pretty damn big

And yet wild hogs were barely more than a curiosity in the Lone Star State until the 1980s. It’s only since then that the population has exploded, and not entirely because of the animals’ intelligence, adaptability and fertility. Hunters found them challenging prey, so wild hog populations were nurtured on ranches that sold hunting leases; some captured hogs were released in other parts of the state. Game ranchers set out feed to attract deer, but wild hogs pilfered it, growing more fecund. Finally, improved animal husbandry reduced disease among domestic pigs, thereby reducing the incidence among wild hogs.
Read more: A Plague of Pigs in Texas | Science | Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! Give the gift of Smithsonian
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

humanely removed and taken to the slaughter house....why risk your dogs and your own life....feral hogs have long been a problem in the smokies.....so far they have not spread to this part of the blue ridge....hogs will tear the hell outta your land....old timers used them to clear lots and basically root the lot up and turn the soil...i would use a rifle you dont have to have an ak anything to hunt hogs

Who would even go to bay dog events, I guess those in TX have nothing better to do, its a shame.

and who the hell knew a dog couple hold it down by the ears....
Ears are very sensitive. When I was in high school, this 5 foot nothing 90 pound home economics teacher grabbed a misbehaving 6'4" 280 pound Samoan kid by the ear and took him all the way down the hall to the principal's office.

That's called a pain submission hold.

Last edited:
411 pound Feral Hog caught in San Antonio

RATS. Hopes dashed again. I thought for sure this time it was a thread saying the Texans had finally busted Hillary for good.

View attachment 279643
I hear Mexico paid for it

At least they are finally paying for something.
Kool aid roolz
Which is worse, the hogs or illegal aliens?

And yet wild hogs were barely more than a curiosity in the Lone Star State until the 1980s. It’s only since then that the population has exploded, and not entirely because of the animals’ intelligence, adaptability and fertility. Hunters found them challenging prey, so wild hog populations were nurtured on ranches that sold hunting leases; some captured hogs were released in other parts of the state. Game ranchers set out feed to attract deer, but wild hogs pilfered it, growing more fecund. Finally, improved animal husbandry reduced disease among domestic pigs, thereby reducing the incidence among wild hogs.
Read more: A Plague of Pigs in Texas | Science | Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! Give the gift of Smithsonian
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Mexican pork roast.

Jo

411 pound Feral Hog caught in San Antonio

RATS. Hopes dashed again. I thought for sure this time it was a thread saying the Texans had finally busted Hillary for good.

View attachment 279643
I hear Mexico paid for it

At least they are finally paying for something.
Kool aid roolz
Which is worse, the hogs or illegal aliens?
we have more than enough threads on illegals - can we keep this one about the hog problem?

Feral hogs are a nuisance in many parts of America. They destroy crops and land. Oh and they have been know to attack people.

I see them all the time down here in Florida when I'm trail riding. Not nice animals and very destructive.

Forum List

Back