41% of GOP: Obama foreign-born

41% of GOP: Obama foreign-born - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

On President Barack Obama’s birthday, a new CNN/Opinion Research released Wednesday shows 41 percent of Republicans believe Obama was “probably” or “definitely” born in another country.

The poll of 1,018 adults shows 27 percent of Americans believe the president was “probably” or “definitely” born in another country, compared with 71 percent who think he was born in the United States.

Among the 285 self-identified Republicans polled, however, the percentage who think Obama was born outside of the country spikes to 41 percent, with 57 percent believing he was born in the United States.

Nineteen percent of independents think Obama was “probably” or “definitely” born in another country, as do 15 percent of Democrats. CNN/Opinion Research surveyed 398 independents and 335 Democrats for the poll.

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh floated the theory during his show Tuesday, mentioning that the next day was the president’s birthday, though he hasn’t “seen any proof of that.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe500eIK1oA]YouTube - Gnarls Barkley - Crazy[/ame]

How many of Obama supporters believe Bush stole Florida in 2000 or that he stole Ohio in 2004?

How many of Obama supporters believe Bush stole Florida in 2000 or that he stole Ohio in 2004?

Let's see. I'm glad you asked!

Open Left:: More Republicans think Obama stole election than Democrats think Bush stole either 2000 or 2004

A new survey from PPP (PDF) shows that 26% of Americans, most of whom are Republicans, think that ACORN stole the election for President Obama.

For the sake of comparison, a Gallup poll immediately following Gore's concession in the 2000 election showed that 18% of the county, a significant percentage of whom were African-American, believed that Bush stole the election.

In 2004, the numbers for Bush were even lower. Back then, in the wake of Kerry's concession, a Gallup poll showed only 13% of the country believed that Bush stole the election. (FWIW, I was among the 5% or so that shifted from 2000 to 2004.)

Many more than 2 people have seen it. I've seen it. Wanna see it?

Here it is:
http://msgboard.snopes.com/politics/graphics/birth.jpg
Please don't use snoopes
or Annenberg/ fact check
obama use to sit on the board for annenberg.
Snopes and FactCheck caught misrepresenting the position of those after Obama's birth certificate.... | Values Voter News

so let's get this straight. you object to using the sites that actually tell the truth because of something said by rightwingnut valuesvoter news? really?

hey, it is fatfailrebel. of course, REALLY! :lol:

Open Left:: More Republicans think Obama stole election than Democrats think Bush stole either 2000 or 2004

A new survey from PPP (PDF) shows that 26% of Americans, most of whom are Republicans, think that ACORN stole the election for President Obama.

For the sake of comparison, a Gallup poll immediately following Gore's concession in the 2000 election showed that 18% of the county, a significant percentage of whom were African-American, believed that Bush stole the election.

In 2004, the numbers for Bush were even lower. Back then, in the wake of Kerry's concession, a Gallup poll showed only 13% of the country believed that Bush stole the election. (FWIW, I was among the 5% or so that shifted from 2000 to 2004.)

Last I checked the number on this board was a tad higher and was not black people at all. But then you are pretty dishonest. When was your poll taken? RIGHT after the election? or recently? If recently how about one for the others more time correct?

You are dishonest but then most of us know that.

Last I checked the number on this board was a tad higher and was not black people at all. But then you are pretty dishonest. When was your poll taken? RIGHT after the election? or recently? If recently how about one for the others more time correct?

What are you talking about? All of these polls were taken after the election and none of them involve USMB. Did you even bother to read the link? I gave what you wanted, and you toss it aside like a kid in a high chair. Here comes the air plane, woooooo!

Seriously though, c'mon. :eusa_eh:

2000 and 2004 polls took place after the respective concessions. 2008 took place within 15 days since that was posted on November 19.

What are you talking about? All of these polls were taken after the election and none of them involve USMB. Did you even bother to read the link? I gave what you wanted, and you toss it aside like a kid in a high chair. Here comes the air plane, woooooo!

Seriously though, c'mon. :eusa_eh:

2000 and 2004 polls took place after the respective concessions. 2008 took place within 15 days since that was posted on November 19.

And yet even people like Jillian have admitted they believe that Bush stole elections. Go figure.

And yet even people like Jillian have admitted they believe that Bush stole elections. Go figure.

Okay? So she would be one of those in the poll that voted yes if she did say that. That doesn't prove anything. I gave you exactly what you wanted. Turns out, more Republicans think Obama stole the election than people think Bush stole his elections.

You simply don't want to accept that because it goes against your view.

Okay? So she would be one of those in the poll that voted yes if she did say that. That doesn't prove anything. I gave you exactly what you wanted. Turns out, more Republicans think Obama stole the election than people think Bush stole his elections.

You simply don't want to accept that because it goes against your view.

Considering the fact that in 2008 the press AVOIDED actually doing anything in depth on Obama, much less any controversy I see no problem with that number at all. The press fawned over Obama and failed miserably at the one real job they have, keeping politicians honest.

Considering the fact that in 2008 the press AVOIDED actually doing anything in depth on Obama, much less any controversy I see no problem with that number at all. The press fawned over Obama and failed miserably at the one real job they have, keeping politicians honest.

So to quote you for later reference, you think Obama stole the election?

And really, the press's one real job is to keep politicians honest? Gosh, I thought there was that whole reporting news thing. :eusa_think:

Last I checked the number on this board was a tad higher and was not black people at all.

It was? When did you check? Link?

So to quote you for later reference, you think Obama stole the election?

And really, the press's one real job is to keep politicians honest? Gosh, I thought there was that whole reporting news thing. :eusa_think:

There you go, LYING again. 41 percent believed he was a foreigner. I was not one of them. You see dumb ass, if you had ever bothered to read any of my posts on the subject I happen to believe since his mother was an American citizen it does not matter one whit where he was born, he is automatically an American citizen Naturally born. Further I find it pretty ignorant to believe his white Grandparents knew in 1961 to bribe people at a hospital and the press to fake his birth in Hawaii. I further believe that since the Republican Governor that OPENLY campaigned for McCain has confirmed his Birth Certificate it is a non issue.

But you stick with your petty lies they serve you so well.

There you go, LYING again. 41 percent believed he was a foreigner. I was not one of them. You see dumb ass, if you had ever bothered to read any of my posts on the subject I happen to believe since his mother was an American citizen it does not matter one whit where he was born, he is automatically an American citizen Naturally born. Further I find it pretty ignorant to believe his white Grandparents knew in 1961 to bribe people at a hospital and the press to fake his birth in Hawaii. I further believe that since the Republican Governor that OPENLY campaigned for McCain has confirmed his Birth Certificate it is a non issue.

But you stick with your petty lies they serve you so well.

Wat? :eusa_eh:

What. I never asked you if you thought he wasn't born here. I asked you if you think he stole the election. Are you smoking some fine drugs over there RGS? :lol:

41% of GOP: Obama foreign-born - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

On President Barack Obama’s birthday, a new CNN/Opinion Research released Wednesday shows 41 percent of Republicans believe Obama was “probably” or “definitely” born in another country.

The poll of 1,018 adults shows 27 percent of Americans believe the president was “probably” or “definitely” born in another country, compared with 71 percent who think he was born in the United States.
Among the 285 self-identified Republicans polled, however, the percentage who think Obama was born outside of the country spikes to 41 percent, with 57 percent believing he was born in the United States.

Nineteen percent of independents think Obama was “probably” or “definitely” born in another country, as do 15 percent of Democrats. CNN/Opinion Research surveyed 398 independents and 335 Democrats for the poll.
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh floated the theory during his show Tuesday, mentioning that the next day was the president’s birthday, though he hasn’t “seen any proof of that.”
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe500eIK1oA"]YouTube - Gnarls Barkley - Crazy[/ame]

Shouldn't this be in Conspiracy Theories?

285 people is not a representative sample, especially when they self identify. I also love the way the "article" says Limbaugh is a birther because he points out that no one has seen a birth certificate. It would not be hard for Obama to produce one, he needed it for his passport.

285 people is not a representative sample, especially when they self identify. I also love the way the "article" says Limbaugh is a birther because he points out that no one has seen a birth certificate. It would not be hard for Obama to produce one, he needed it for his passport.

This poll is consistent with other ones taken on the same topic. Point is, they took a poll, you don't agree with their methods? Pay a pollster to do their own poll.

Also, by your logic, every single poll taken can be moved to Conspiracy Theories as long as someone doesn't like their methods. :cuckoo:

This poll is consistent with other ones taken on the same topic. Point is, they took a poll, you don't agree with their methods? Pay a pollster to do their own poll.

And if we present one with 285 respondents and it shows Obama tanking in support, you will howl like a stuck monkey. Another example of your dishonesty.

And if we present one with 285 respondents and it shows Obama tanking in support, you will howl like a stuck monkey. Another example of your dishonesty.

Actually, no I won't. But you can keep guessing. :thup:

I'd recommend stop taking whatever you are though RGS. You clearly are exhibiting a lack of reading skills tonight.

It's a few months old, but here only 14% of Americans in general believe that Obama is a non citizen

New Poll Shows 14 Percent Believe Obama Was Born Outside the U.S.

Here's something else to consider. Pollsters spend a lot of time and money trying to figure out who to poll to get the results they desire. They really mean nothing.

This is patently untrue. Pollsters make money on their reputations. Pollsters with an agenda aren't pollsters - they're push-pollsters. And no one takes them seriously.

Polling is a lucrative business. Every campaign, every media organization always wants polls. If you don't have a good reputation, you don't get business. This is the same thing that I say to liberals who automatically shoot down anything that Rassmussen say - Scott Rassmussen uses different a different style of polling. He's an outlier usually, but Rassmussen polls aren't fixed.

It was a CNN poll, it had an agenda.

It's a few months old, but here only 14% of Americans in general believe that Obama is a non citizen

New Poll Shows 14 Percent Believe Obama Was Born Outside the U.S.

Here's something else to consider. Pollsters spend a lot of time and money trying to figure out who to poll to get the results they desire. They really mean nothing.

This is patently untrue. Pollsters make money on their reputations. Pollsters with an agenda aren't pollsters - they're push-pollsters. And no one takes them seriously.

Polling is a lucrative business. Every campaign, every media organization always wants polls. If you don't have a good reputation, you don't get business. This is the same thing that I say to liberals who automatically shoot down anything that Rassmussen say - Scott Rassmussen uses different a different style of polling. He's an outlier usually, but Rassmussen polls aren't fixed.

It was a CNN poll, it had an agenda.

What agenda would that be?

Ted Turner's agenda. Or are you trying to claim that CNN is completely fair and balanced, and reports all the news without ever offering an opinion? Those days went away when Walter Cronkite reported his opinion instead of the facts on the ground, and they are not going to return.

Forum List

Back