4 hand guns found inside Sandy Hook

If they seek to do me harm you're fuckin right I can.

Interesting. If they seek to do you harm. Does that hypothetical description extend to confiscating your semi-automatic weapons and ammo? Would you consider that harming you?

I will stand with my brothers to defend my rights, wherever that goes.

That does not answer the question. Would you kill someone who shows up on your property with a legal claim to your semi-automatic weapons and ammo?

If they seek to do me harm you're fuckin right I can.

Interesting. If they seek to do you harm. Does that hypothetical description extend to confiscating your semi-automatic weapons and ammo? Would you consider that harming you?

There lies the problem with right wing gun loons. They see a faux denial of rights, and stock up on weapons to get ready for an armed insurrection, based on their personal paranoia.

That does not answer the question. Would you kill someone who shows up on your property with a legal claim to your semi-automatic weapons and ammo?

What legal claim could anyone have to my weapons if I haven't broken any laws? I don't live in your progressive la la land of make believe.

What provision is there for anyone to take my legal weapons if I've broken no law?

And you know, if if if my dog didn't stop for a shit yesterday he'd have caught the rabbit too.

What legal claim could anyone have to my weapons if I haven't broken any laws? I don't live in your progressive la la land of make believe.

What provision is there for anyone to take my legal weapons if I've broken no law?

And you know, if if if my dog didn't stop for a shit yesterday he'd have caught the rabbit too.

That is true, but they'll say you have no right to illegal weapons. Same old shit
You cannot make a weapon illegal that is protected by the second amendment.

Note the word hypothetical, dummy.

There may very well be a law passed that bans your semi-automatic weapons. A law. If so, will you shoot the cop(s) that knock on your door in search of your illegal weapons?

Hypothetical. Dummy.

That is true, but they'll say you have no right to illegal weapons. Same old shit

The National Firearms Act of 1934 says you're full of shit.

There may very well be a law passed that bans your semi-automatic weapons. A law. If so, will you shoot the cop(s) that knock on your door in search of your illegal weapons?

Hypothetical. Dummy.

I'm too busy dealing with real life to live in your progressive hypothetical utopia, I'll leave that shit to you folks.

The National Firearms Act of 1934 says you're full of shit.

Really is this your argument? is this what you are relying on to win your case?
I will give you a second chance to step away from this.

Lets just say that if any of my current legal weapons become illegal, the gestapo won't find them, or at least all of them, if they come looking. 400 acres and 17 generations of redneck ingenuity will see to that. :eusa_shhh:

Hypothetical. Dummy.

I'm too busy dealing with real life to live in your progressive hypothetical utopia, I'll leave that shit to you folks.

Cop out. You began the exchange we just had with a hypothetical. Now you do not want to follow through. Is that because you know that you would not kill a cop at your front door. Is it because you are really buying ammo to use at the range to get your rocks off?

Lets just say that if any of my current legal weapons become illegal, the gestapo won't find them, or at least all of them, if they come looking. 400 acres and 17 generations of redneck ingenuity will see to that. :eusa_shhh:

Oh! You'll hide them. Cool. Good investment.

And...aren't the cops in your town borne of generations of rednecks too?

ban_all_guns.jpg

This is simply idle talk. Nobody knows exactly how they would react to such a scenario. The fact that you're even asking the question gives gun rights advocates all the incentive they need to fight you.

If you think it would be really cool to see hundreds of Americans killed or imprisoned over gun ownership then continue to push confiscation.

I wonder how you would feel if the government just all of the sudden said you don't have the right to an abortion anymore because it was discovered that more children die from abortion than by homicide. As a matter of fact more people die from suicide than by homicide. Homicide isn't even in the top 15. Deaths of any kind have been on the decline the last two decades as a matter of fact. The assault gun ban had little or no effect on deaths by assault weapons from 1994-2005. That's one of the reasons it was allowed to expire.

weapons.png

Link
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_06.pdf

GunControlWorks+(1).jpg

Last edited:

So the American government is now the Gestapo to you? I think you're too mentally ill to own firearms.

So the American government is now the Gestapo to you? I think you're too mentally ill to own firearms.

They will be if they outlaw what I already own and come heavy handed for it.

I know most of the cops around here, and the last thing they would want to do is come into the hills trying to take peoples guns.

If the goal is to stop mass shootings even the UK's gun laws haven't prevented them.

By JOYCE LEE MALCOLM

Americans are determined that massacres such as happened in Newtown, Conn., never happen again. But how? Many advocate more effective treatment of mentally-ill people or armed protection in so-called gun-free zones. Many others demand stricter control of firearms.

We aren't alone in facing this problem. Great Britain and Australia, for example, suffered mass shootings in the 1980s and 1990s. Both countries had very stringent gun laws when they occurred. Nevertheless, both decided that even stricter control of guns was the answer. Their experiences can be instructive.

In 1987, Michael Ryan went on a shooting spree in his small town of Hungerford, England, killing 16 people (including his mother) and wounding another 14 before shooting himself. Since the public was unarmed—as were the police—Ryan wandered the streets for eight hours with two semiautomatic rifles and a handgun before anyone with a firearm was able to come to the rescue.

Nine years later, in March 1996, Thomas Hamilton, a man known to be mentally unstable, walked into a primary school in the Scottish town of Dunblane and shot 16 young children and their teacher. He wounded 10 other children and three other teachers before taking his own life.

Since 1920, anyone in Britain wanting a handgun had to obtain a certificate from his local police stating he was fit to own a weapon and had good reason to have one. Over the years, the definition of "good reason" gradually narrowed. By 1969, self-defense was never a good reason for a permit.

After Hungerford, the British government banned semiautomatic rifles and brought shotguns—the last type of firearm that could be purchased with a simple show of fitness—under controls similar to those in place for pistols and rifles. Magazines were limited to two shells with a third in the chamber.

Dunblane had a more dramatic impact. Hamilton had a firearm certificate, although according to the rules he should not have been granted one. A media frenzy coupled with an emotional campaign by parents of Dunblane resulted in the Firearms Act of 1998, which instituted a nearly complete ban on handguns. Owners of pistols were required to turn them in. The penalty for illegal possession of a pistol is up to 10 years in prison.

The results have not been what proponents of the act wanted. Within a decade of the handgun ban and the confiscation of handguns from registered owners, crime with handguns had doubled according to British government crime reports. Gun crime, not a serious problem in the past, now is. Armed street gangs have some British police carrying guns for the first time. Moreover, another massacre occurred in June 2010. Derrick Bird, a taxi driver in Cumbria, shot his brother and a colleague then drove off through rural villages killing 12 people and injuring 11 more before killing himself.

Meanwhile, law-abiding citizens who have come into the possession of a firearm, even accidentally, have been harshly treated. In 2009 a former soldier, Paul Clarke, found a bag in his garden containing a shotgun. He brought it to the police station and was immediately handcuffed and charged with possession of the gun. At his trial the judge noted: "In law there is no dispute that Mr. Clarke has no defence to this charge. The intention of anybody possessing a firearm is irrelevant." Mr. Clarke was sentenced to five years in prison. A public outcry eventually won his release.

Joyce Lee Malcolm: Two Cautionary Tales of Gun Control - WSJ.com

Best way to get laid in college:

Gun-Rally2-1024x585.jpg

I know most of the cops around here, and the last thing they would want to do is come into the hills trying to take peoples guns.

I see. You have your own little utopia there then, don't you. How cozy.

Why are you so damned paranoid then?

Hypothetical. Dummy.

Cop out. You began the exchange we just had with a hypothetical. Now you do not want to follow through. Is that because you know that you would not kill a cop at your front door. Is it because you are really buying ammo to use at the range to get your rocks off?

I'm buying ammo because I want to and I'm still allowed to, it's none of your business why.
MY statement was about defending myself from criminals or psycho, if you want to twist that into a gun nut taking on the government go ahead if it helps you sleep better.

Forum List

Back