370 top economists publish scathing letter against 'dangerous, destructive' Trump

I know when I used to fly all the time in my mid 20s to mid 30s and got stuck in an office answering customer problems part of the time I hated it, when I became a maintenance manager I hated it, when I got a job becoming a operation manager I hated it.

I went back to just becoming a industrial maintenance guy..I can weld , run the lathes the bridge ports trouble shoot problems and tell management to fuck off :)

Yep..management is a dime a dozen.
Skilled operators are like hens teeth.
Nope. They both can be replaced fairly easily. The question is not the skill, which can be learned, but the ability to act in a professional, competent manner. Bear (check his last comment) and some others here do not demonstrate such a temperament.

Have a church meeting to get to, so you guys carry on.

Having worked in high end machining you couldnt be more wrong.
We sometimes had to go through a dozen or more machinist before we found a capable one.
There is a huge difference between a guy who can make oil industry products,although some of them are highly skilled,and someone who can make flight hardware for the shuttle program.

That reminds me I ran into one kid 10 years ago that was on an Aircraft carrier as an election who wired a 480 vote line to ground and burnt out a $30,000 dollar grinder.

Yeah...we always weeded out the bad hires by giving em something they should be able to run based on their pay grade and offering no assistance.
They invariably fucked it up. We'd then offer em a lower paying position congruent with their skills.
Some stayed on and learned,others got pissed and quit.

Yea I know , I do admit that my welding skills got off , I can't stand arc welding now due to my eye sight getting worse and worse , give me a wire welder I can do it all day long..but I so love running the lathes and bridge ports I can still machine hell of close tolerance parts :)

Hell yes cubs just got a home run

Thomas's Sowell, economist, states we have to vote for Trump...enough said.....

What do "economists" actually do for a living? Wouldn't you think a Nobel Prize winner in economics would be someone who put his theories to work and became a rich capitalist? Why aren't Nobel Prize winning "Economists" showing governments the way to achieve wealth and prosperity? Why are Nobel Prize winning "economists" in virtual safe houses posting nonsense that is guaranteed to fail? The short answer is that the "economists" in question represent the freaking establishment.
Typical alt right fascist 'manual labor is good' and 'knowledge is bad.' Idiot.

I was a blue collar worker.
If you want to call working in an environment thats cleaner than your average kitchen and required equipment that cost in the millions and at least a decade to become proficient using them.
You seem think someone is calling your world not clean. I am not. I am saying that education and work and manual labor are all honorable. To argue somehow the ‘sons of the soil’ or the heavy equipment operator or the ‘grease monkey’ better represents a sounder America than the manager, administrator, school teacher, accountant, etc., is simply stupid.

Forum List

Back