30-50% of people have no inner monologue

I don’t think people really hear words in their head. I think that’s just the easiest way we are able to describe thoughts.

If telepathy were a thing, I don’t think it would be like Professor X, like someone talking in your head. It would be more like symbols, sudden flashes of knowledge. That’s what thoughts are. Not internal monologues or comic-book thought bubbles.

What if someone with no internal monologue lived alone in the woods. How would that go? ;)

Jokes aside....I think the respondents that expressed that they have no inner monolog are simply to ill educated, moronic, or otherwise mentally deficient to even understand what an inner monolog is.....In other words, a dullard.

I have an inner monologue but no "visualizer"....for example. When you think of "apple" what does your mind see? A red apple, a drawing of an apple? An apple on a tree?

I see no visual image.

I hear the word "apple" and maybe "see" it written out. But no "picture". This must be why I'm terrible at drawing. Heh

I have an inner monologue but no "visualizer"....for example. When you think of "apple" what does your mind see? A red apple, a drawing of an apple? An apple on a tree?

I see no visual image.

I hear the word "apple" and maybe "see" it written out. But no "picture". This must be why I'm terrible at drawing. Heh
d7ec1d21af02fb073a6396d30bb142b5--vinyl-lp-olive.jpg

Forum List

Back