250% Surge in Rightwing Extremist Groups

Lies? Lol.

"Almost nine out of 10 Americans say officials in Washington are heavily influenced by special interests and only care about getting re-elected, according to a recent CNN/Opinion Research poll. Nearly as many say Washington politicians are out of touch. "Honest" is a word that only 22 percent of Americans would use to describe their national leaders.

"A CBS News/New York Times poll in early February found 81 percent saying it's time to elect new people to Congress, with just 8 percent saying most members deserve re-election.

"These are anemic numbers, even for Washington. The antiestablishment fervor has many consequences:

_The once-dismissed loose confederation of "tea party" activists opposed to big government, bailouts and higher taxes is causing heartburn for establishment candidates across the country.

_Republican Scott Brown won the seat long held by Sen. Ted Kennedy after promising to change Washington's ways."
The Associated Press: Analysis: Obama the 'outsider' from inside DC

_Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison lost a GOP primary fight to Texas Gov. Rick Perry. Forced to choose between two incumbents, Texas voters sided heavily against the one who works in Washington.

US facing surge in rightwing extremist and militia groups | World news | guardian.co.uk

US facing surge in rightwing extremists and militias

• Civil rights report shows 250% rise in 'patriot' groups
• Economy and media conspiracy theories fuel growth

* Chris McGreal
* guardian.co.uk, Thursday 4 March 2010 17.18 GMT

The US is facing a surge in anti-government extremist groups and armed militias, driven by deepening hostility on the right to Barack Obama, anger over the economy, and the increasing propagation of conspiracy theories by parts of the mass media such as Fox News.

The Southern Poverty Law Centre, the US's most prominent civil rights group focused on hate organisations, said in a report that extremist "patriot" groups "came roaring back to life" last year as their number jumped nearly 250% to more than 500 with deepening ties to conservative mainstream politics. <more>

When the government stops listening to the people what should we do? just roll over? I think the politicians all throughout this country should wake up and stop leading this nation in the opposite direction from where the people want to go.

I'm sick of the PC mentality that has infested the left wing and in some cases the right wing.

We the people run this country and we the people will take it back. One way or another.

US facing surge in rightwing extremist and militia groups | World news | guardian.co.uk

* Chris McGreal

The US is facing a surge in anti-government extremist groups and armed militias, driven by deepening hostility on the right to Barack Obama, anger over the economy, and the increasing propagation of conspiracy theories by parts of the mass media such as Fox News.

The Southern Poverty Law Centre, the US's most prominent civil rights group focused on hate organisations, said in a report that extremist "patriot" groups "came roaring back to life" last year as their number jumped nearly 250% to more than 500 with deepening ties to conservative mainstream politics. <more>

When the government stops listening to the people what should we do? just roll over? I think the politicians all throughout this country should wake up and stop leading this nation in the opposite direction from where the people want to go.

I'm sick of the PC mentality that has infested the left wing and in some cases the right wing.

We the people run this country and we the people will take it back. One way or another.
Rightwing extremists are a very small percentage of the population.

* Chris McGreal

DHS warned us about this last year, to, of course, a chorus of denial from wingnutsville.

Tell me the last time some lefty killed someone?

The nutjob that flew the plane into the IRS building was a lefty
Not quite. Thinking that the IRS is the root of all evil isn't really a "lefty" viewpoint. I'd say that's pretty clearly a "righty" viewpoint.
Oswald was a lefty
Oswald was a patsy. He didn't kill anyone.
Siran Siran was a lefty
Not quite. Sirhan Sirhan was a palestinian who shot Bobby Kennedy because of his support of Israel - also not quite a "lefty" thing.
The two idiots that shot at Ford were lefty
Squeaky Fromme was a follower of Charles Manson, and Sara Jane Moore was obsessed with Patty Hearst. Calling them "lefties" is pretty disingenious, they were both simply crazy.
The idiot who shot up the Holocost Memorial was a lefty
Brunn was a Holocaust denier, a white supremacist and a Birther. None of them scream "lefty" to me.

Your post fails, and really badly. Maybe you meant it as a joke, but otherwise - seriously man, get some help.

Not quite. Thinking that the IRS is the root of all evil isn't really a "lefty" viewpoint. I'd say that's pretty clearly a "righty" viewpoint.

Not quite. Sirhan Sirhan was a palestinian who shot Bobby Kennedy because of his support of Israel - also not quite a "lefty" thing.
Squeaky Fromme was a follower of Charles Manson, and Sara Jane Moore was obsessed with Patty Hearst. Calling them "lefties" is pretty disingenious, they were both simply crazy.
Brunn was a Holocaust denier, a white supremacist and a Birther. None of them scream "lefty" to me.

Your post fails, and really badly. Maybe you meant it as a joke, but otherwise - seriously man, get some help.
Cons are still trying to re-write history. They can convince each other, being simpletons.

they were all retard liberals. and Oswald did kill Kennedy

Well, I just can't argue with your staggering logic and critical thought.

Well, I just can't argue with your staggering logic and critical thought.

actually they were totally insane. insane belongs to no party.

True but as a typical liberal you totally ignored the part in his manifesto where he details his hate of George W. Bush, organized religion, lack of universal healthcare, and various other liberal viewpoints. The only "righty" viewpoint was the IRS bit.

Leave it to leftwingnuts not to understand the difference between being anti-big government and being anti-government, the difference between wanting responsible government and being anti-government.

Forum List

Back