250% Surge in Rightwing Extremist Groups

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
US facing surge in rightwing extremist and militia groups | World news | guardian.co.uk

US facing surge in rightwing extremists and militias

• Civil rights report shows 250% rise in 'patriot' groups
• Economy and media conspiracy theories fuel growth

* Chris McGreal
* guardian.co.uk, Thursday 4 March 2010 17.18 GMT

The US is facing a surge in anti-government extremist groups and armed militias, driven by deepening hostility on the right to Barack Obama, anger over the economy, and the increasing propagation of conspiracy theories by parts of the mass media such as Fox News.

The Southern Poverty Law Centre, the US's most prominent civil rights group focused on hate organisations, said in a report that extremist "patriot" groups "came roaring back to life" last year as their number jumped nearly 250% to more than 500 with deepening ties to conservative mainstream politics. <more>

You know why don't you? It's all about racism. Barack Obama is black, which is why the people who oppose him, oppose him.

Last edited:
They are going to go all Murrah building on us and I have been sayinbg this for some time now.

You know why don't you? It's all about racism. Barack Obama is black, which is why the people who oppose him, oppose him.

Do you deny this is a factor in some of the more extreme groups?

I recall that there were a lot of "militias" forming under Clinton. That ended with bloodshed. There's a certain segment of our population, both on the Left and Right, that just goes bonkers when "The Other Side(tm)" is in the Oval Office. Put that together with the White Power idiots, and I'm afraid that there will be blood spilt before this is all over.

"Already there are signs of &#8230; violence emanating from the radical right. Since the installation of Barack Obama, rightwing extremists have murdered six law enforcement officers. Racist skinheads and others have been arrested in alleged plots to assassinate the nation's first black president. One man from Brockton, Massachusetts &#8211; who told police he had learned on white supremacist websites that a genocide was under way against whites &#8211; is charged with murdering two black people and planning to kill as many Jews as possible on the day after Obama's inauguration. Most recently, a rash of individuals with anti-government, survivalist or racist views have been arrested in a series of bomb cases".

Mc Viegh was created by right wing nutbag radio

Al Jazeera?

with-hats-wieghtgain.jpg

Do you deny this is a factor in some of the more extreme groups?
Nope, merely pointing out, albeit indirectly, how some liberals here will inevitably use this as de-facto proof that anyone who leans slighty right of center is a wacko, cop-killing racist who needs to be locked up.

"Already there are signs of … violence emanating from the radical right. Since the installation of Barack Obama, rightwing extremists have murdered six law enforcement officers. Racist skinheads and others have been arrested in alleged plots to assassinate the nation's first black president. One man from Brockton, Massachusetts – who told police he had learned on white supremacist websites that a genocide was under way against whites – is charged with murdering two black people and planning to kill as many Jews as possible on the day after Obama's inauguration. Most recently, a rash of individuals with anti-government, survivalist or racist views have been arrested in a series of bomb cases".

I can't believe you guys are stupid enough to fall for that line that Rush Limbaugh created Tim McVeigh. Have you ever considered that fact that a very manipulative president pushed that onto his political enemies in order to destroy them? I know you are stupid but the fact that you can't see this make me wonder if you were even stupider than I thought you were before which is pretty hard to top.

"Already there are signs of &#8230; violence emanating from the radical right. Since the installation of Barack Obama, rightwing extremists have murdered six law enforcement officers. Racist skinheads and others have been arrested in alleged plots to assassinate the nation's first black president. One man from Brockton, Massachusetts &#8211; who told police he had learned on white supremacist websites that a genocide was under way against whites &#8211; is charged with murdering two black people and planning to kill as many Jews as possible on the day after Obama's inauguration. Most recently, a rash of individuals with anti-government, survivalist or racist views have been arrested in a series of bomb cases".

I can't believe you guys are stupid enough to fall for that line that Rush Limbaugh created Tim McVeigh. Have you ever considered that fact that a very manipulative president pushed that onto his political enemies in order to destroy them? I know you are stupid but the fact that you can't see this make me wonder if you were even stupider than I thought you were before which is pretty hard to top.

Libs are the useful in useful idiot

Tim McVeigh killed for the same reasons the tea party claim they are mad.

Pretend all you want but he was a right wing radio follower and even stayed at the house of a right wing radio guy as a guest.

Pretend all you want but he was a right wing radio follower and even stayed at the house of a right wing radio guy as a guest.
So. You're saying that right-wing radio was the direct and only cause for him deciding to bomb a government building?

Forum List

Back