250% Surge in Rightwing Extremist Groups

This is (essentially) the same argument folks make when they claim rap music and violent video games promote violent kids.

NOPE, he was a right wing gun nut who saw Waco as an attack on gun people.

He hated government and taxes.

He was right wing and there is no denying it.

These hate groups whip people into a frenzy and the nutters use them to justify their insane ideas.

QUIT helping them justify their insanity by living on lies.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when a normal person gets all their news from whining leftie sites spinning crap. You lose the capacity to think.

All insults and no facts AGAIN?

I agree the same craziness occurred when Clinton was elected, but today it is even worse than then. Tea Party lunatics didn't protest a billion dollars a week for an illegal invasion, but they protest helping the country and the nation get back on the right track because the man in charge is Obama. What a hateful bunch of nutcases. USMB has many.

Even the sane on the right recognize the insane.

Little Green Footballs - Why I Parted Ways With The Right

"6. Support for anti-government lunacy (see: tea parties, militias, Fox News, Glenn Beck, etc.)

7. Support for conspiracy theories and hate speech (see: Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Birthers, creationists, climate deniers, etc.)

8. A right-wing blogosphere that is almost universally dominated by raging hate speech (see: Hot Air, Free Republic, Ace of Spades, etc.)

9. Anti-Islamic bigotry that goes far beyond simply criticizing radical Islam, into support for fascism, violence, and genocide (see: Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer, etc.)

10. Hatred for President Obama that goes far beyond simply criticizing his policies, into racism, hate speech, and bizarre conspiracy theories (see: witch doctor pictures, tea parties, Birthers, Michelle Malkin, Fox News, World Net Daily, Newsmax, and every other right wing source)"

These hate groups whip people into a frenzy and the nutters use them to justify their insane ideas.

So, you would agree that people like Rush Limbaugh should be thrown in jail as an accomplice to the OKC bombing? After all, it seems like you're saying that he directly whipped McVeigh into a frenzy by perpetuating lies, driving him to murder people.

Jesus christ you are full of shit.

Stop making up what I mean and LISTEN to what I mean.

Do you deny this is a factor in some of the more extreme groups?
Nope, merely pointing out, albeit indirectly, how some liberals here will inevitably use this as de-facto proof that anyone who leans slighty right of center is a wacko, cop-killing racist who needs to be locked up.

I don't see anyone making that claim.

Seriously, people on both sides make the most ridiculous claims about racism. I've seen plenty of liberals blame any critisism of Obama on racism - but I've also heard conservatives claim that there is no more racism against blacks in this country.

I would say a majority of people who oppose Obama do so because of political disagreements and not racism. But that does NOT mean that nobody hates Obama because he's black.

This is a problem that I have mostly with the left - crying wolf with the race card - but the result is just as bad - it causes the right to ignore and dismiss any legitimate racism simply by saying "you're just playing the race card". Both are equally disingenuous.

Racism is a personal belief not a political philosophy. How people can't make that distinction is beyond me. Its like saying conservatives like ice cream and liberals like frozen yogurt. While people can debate what is better it really doesn't have anything to do with the government unless you plan on making a law banning one in favor of the other then frozen yogurt/ice cream debate becomes political.

Why do we say that people who have opinions that are in the minority are capable of terrorist acts? Just as many people are capable of committing terrorist acts who have opinions in the middle, right, or left. Why do isolate them as 'extremist' and people capable of doing evil.

I'm talking about people with Minority opinions who are crazy enough to believe that violence is justified by their beliefs.

That isn't limited to politics by any means. People have been killing each other over religion, for example, since people started to look up at the heavens.

The folks I'm talking about, and it appears the OP are talking about, are the militia groups that were forming under Clinton and arming up for some kind of uprising or civilization ending event that never happened. They were 100% politically motivated. The thought of a Democrat in the Oval Office to them meant the world had, or was about to, end.

There are politically motivated extremist nuts on both sides. The problem here is that if it were just the guys that went ballistic under Clinton... that would be bad. However its worse now. The White Power groups are getting really antsy to. When they finally line up with the Militia crowd, there's going to either be another Ruby Ridge or Oklahoma City... or possibly both.

For the record, this would be an issue if the GOP had won in '08 with an African American President too. Only then, we'd have wacko lefties lining up with wacko White Power groups. The capacity for disaster would be about the same.

Not after i made my snide comment. I'm guessing at least someone would have if i hadn't. Hell; we've got someone in here blaming the OKC bombing on Rush Limbaugh. So really, how much of a stretch is it to think that people would, once again, claim that all conservatives are racist because there's a rise in right-wing extremism?

Seriously, people on both sides make the most ridiculous claims about racism. I've seen plenty of liberals blame any critisism of Obama on racism - but I've also heard conservatives claim that there is no more racism against blacks in this country.

I would say a majority of people who oppose Obama do so because of political disagreements and not racism. But that does NOT mean that nobody hates Obama because he's black.

This is a problem that I have mostly with the left - crying wolf with the race card - but the result is just as bad - it causes the right to ignore and dismiss any legitimate racism simply by saying "you're just playing the race card". Both are equally disingenuous.
I agree. The point is that the people who oppose Obama simply because of his skin color are in the extreme minority. And by virtue of their racism, aren't worth listening or paying attention to.

So, you would agree that people like Rush Limbaugh should be thrown in jail as an accomplice to the OKC bombing? After all, it seems like you're saying that he directly whipped McVeigh into a frenzy by perpetuating lies, driving him to murder people.

He has a good point. If you believe that Rush Limbaugh created the Oklahoma city bombing then you should put him in jail. There is legal standing for this because many Klan leaders have gone to jail for inciting racial attacks against blacks so why not put any of those radio show host in jail for the same crime? The answer is is you can't because you know you are full of shit and just trying to destroy your political opponent.

In fact, why didn't Clinton do that since he believe Rush did it. He was president. He had authority to do so but he didn't. It was just an attempt to destroy a political opponent.

Last edited:
There have already been police officers killed by people claiming Obama was coming to take their guns.

Its already happened and its going tol get worse.

Tell me the last time some lefty killed someone?

US facing surge in rightwing extremist and militia groups | World news | guardian.co.uk

US facing surge in rightwing extremists and militias

• Civil rights report shows 250% rise in 'patriot' groups
• Economy and media conspiracy theories fuel growth

* Chris McGreal
* guardian.co.uk, Thursday 4 March 2010 17.18 GMT

The US is facing a surge in anti-government extremist groups and armed militias, driven by deepening hostility on the right to Barack Obama, anger over the economy, and the increasing propagation of conspiracy theories by parts of the mass media such as Fox News.

The Southern Poverty Law Centre, the US's most prominent civil rights group focused on hate organisations, said in a report that extremist "patriot" groups "came roaring back to life" last year as their number jumped nearly 250% to more than 500 with deepening ties to conservative mainstream politics. <more>

Goody. Another leftwingnut idiot. Yea! :bowdown:

*yawn*

I often wonder if they let the local authorities handle it if it would have turned out better.

Koresh was insane enough that the situation in Waco was always going to end up with his followers dead. The question was Jonestown or Police action when they came in for the innocent kids.

Situations where the Police try to stop a suicidal hostage taker are always tricky. If nothing was done, the kids were dead. If you invade, you risk getting the kids killed anyways, but you have a shot at saving them.

US facing surge in rightwing extremist and militia groups | World news | guardian.co.uk

US facing surge in rightwing extremists and militias

• Civil rights report shows 250% rise in 'patriot' groups
• Economy and media conspiracy theories fuel growth

* Chris McGreal
* guardian.co.uk, Thursday 4 March 2010 17.18 GMT

The US is facing a surge in anti-government extremist groups and armed militias, driven by deepening hostility on the right to Barack Obama, anger over the economy, and the increasing propagation of conspiracy theories by parts of the mass media such as Fox News.

The Southern Poverty Law Centre, the US's most prominent civil rights group focused on hate organisations, said in a report that extremist "patriot" groups "came roaring back to life" last year as their number jumped nearly 250% to more than 500 with deepening ties to conservative mainstream politics. <more>

Goody. Another leftwingnut idiot. Yea! :bowdown:

*yawn*

"Rightwing extremist group" is the new leftspeak for "anyone who disagrees with 0bama"...

Why do we say that people who have opinions that are in the minority are capable of terrorist acts? Just as many people are capable of committing terrorist acts who have opinions in the middle, right, or left. Why do isolate them as 'extremist' and people capable of doing evil.

I'm talking about people with Minority opinions who are crazy enough to believe that violence is justified by their beliefs.

That isn't limited to politics by any means. People have been killing each other over religion, for example, since people started to look up at the heavens.

The folks I'm talking about, and it appears the OP are talking about, are the militia groups that were forming under Clinton and arming up for some kind of uprising or civilization ending event that never happened. They were 100% politically motivated. The thought of a Democrat in the Oval Office to them meant the world had, or was about to, end.

There are politically motivated extremist nuts on both sides. The problem here is that if it were just the guys that went ballistic under Clinton... that would be bad. However its worse now. The White Power groups are getting really antsy to. When they finally line up with the Militia crowd, there's going to either be another Ruby Ridge or Oklahoma City... or possibly both.

For the record, this would be an issue if the GOP had won in '08 with an African American President too. Only then, we'd have wacko lefties lining up with wacko White Power groups. The capacity for disaster would be about the same.

What about people who are in the majority who can do the same thing? Are you not equally concerned about them?

The truth is is that collectivist want everyone in the middle so we all think the same and have to label minority opinions as dangerous extremist to isolate them from anyone else.

He has a good point. If you believe that Rush Limbaugh created the Oklahoma city bombing Where did I say this?then you should put him in jail. There is legal standing for this because many Klan leaders have gone to jail for inciting racial attacks against blacks so why not put any of those radio show host in jail for the same crime? The answer is is you can't because you know you are full of shit and just trying to destroy your political opponent.I said lies on the right and the constant spewing of them on right wing radion created McVeigh.

In fact, why didn't Clinton do that since he believe Rush did it. He was president. He had authority to do so but he didn't. It was just an attempt to destroy a political opponent.
I NEVER asked for anyone to be arrested or convicted. YOU DONT PAY ATTETION to what is said. I said I wanted the right to STOP LYING!!!!!!!!!

You people then made up shit out of thin aiur about what I was saying.

Please stop the fucking constant lying or more people are going to die.

So sorry your highness. How else am i to interpret your post earlier?

Mc Viegh was created by right wing nutbag radio
Naturally, you might see how one might interpret this sentence.

- Right wing radio created a mass murderer.
- Therefore, right-wing radio breeds mass murderers.
- Because of this, all right-wing radio must be abolished for the safety of our citizens, even though it would breach the first amendment.

If i'm wrong in any of this interpretation, you're welcome to respond with something more than "you're fucking retarded."

Last edited:
There have already been police officers killed by people claiming Obama was coming to take their guns.

Its already happened and its going tol get worse.

Tell me the last time some lefty killed someone?

Some people actually feel the government has no right to ask for your guns and also feel that if a gun owner has done nothing wrong and don't plan on harming another then why should they be bothered by the government? At the same time, if a cop is just doing his job he shouldn't be killed. I know a lot of nice cops and some aholes. None of them deserve to be killed simply because their bosses misunderstand the 2nd amendment.

Last edited:

He has a good point. If you believe that Rush Limbaugh created the Oklahoma city bombing Where did I say this?then you should put him in jail. There is legal standing for this because many Klan leaders have gone to jail for inciting racial attacks against blacks so why not put any of those radio show host in jail for the same crime? The answer is is you can't because you know you are full of shit and just trying to destroy your political opponent.I said lies on the right and the constant spewing of them on right wing radion created McVeigh.

I NEVER asked for anyone to be arrested or convicted. YOU DONT PAY ATTETION to what is said. I said I wanted the right to STOP LYING!!!!!!!!!

You people then made up shit out of thin aiur about what I was saying.

Please stop the fucking constant lying or more people are going to die.

I think if Rush did incite McVeigh then he should be put in jail. Why would you be against that?

Let me make this perfectly clear.

I WANT THE RIGHT TO STOP LYING ABOUT EVERYTHING.

There are no death panels

Obama is a US born citizen

He is a christian not a muslim

The healthcare proposal is not socvilaized medicine

The healthcare proposal does not cut medicare

Obama is not coming after your guns

The CBO scored the HC proposal as a money saver

Iraq had no WMDs

and so on and so on.

Not after i made my snide comment. I'm guessing at least someone would have if i hadn't. Hell; we've got someone in here blaming the OKC bombing on Rush Limbaugh. So really, how much of a stretch is it to think that people would, once again, claim that all conservatives are racist because there's a rise in right-wing extremism?

I agree. The point is that the people who oppose Obama simply because of his skin color are in the extreme minority. And by virtue of their racism, aren't worth listening or paying attention to.

This is true.

But they do exist.

I would encourage all right wingers to go out and join a rightwing extremist group. Just to really freak the progressives out! :muahaha:

Forum List

Back