250% Surge in Rightwing Extremist Groups

You know why don't you? It's all about racism. Barack Obama is black, which is why the people who oppose him, oppose him.

Do you deny this is a factor in some of the more extreme groups?
Nope, merely pointing out, albeit indirectly, how some liberals here will inevitably use this as de-facto proof that anyone who leans slighty right of center is a wacko, cop-killing racist who needs to be locked up.

I don't believe that all of the Tea Party crowd is racist. I do believe that there are legitimate grounds for complaint.

The problem is that we're in a unique situation where the really whacked out radicalized elements on the Right are on the same page as the whacked out white power guys (who are mostly apolitical).

There's extremists on both ends of the spectrum. There's violent extremists on both ends of the spectrum. However, this time you've got a dangerous combination of crazy lining up.

Tim McVeigh killed for the same reasons the tea party claim they are mad.

Pretend all you want but he was a right wing radio follower and even stayed at the house of a right wing radio guy as a guest.

This is (essentially) the same argument folks make when they claim rap music and violent video games promote violent kids.

I don't believe that all of the Tea Party crowd is racist. I do believe that there are legitimate grounds for complaint.

The problem is that we're in a unique situation where the really whacked out radicalized elements on the Right are on the same page as the whacked out white power guys (who are mostly apolitical).

There's extremists on both ends of the spectrum. There's violent extremists on both ends of the spectrum. However, this time you've got a dangerous combination of crazy lining up.
So, you're basically saying that all different kinds of people are crazy and not representative of the entire group? ...and that crazy people will often look anywhere they can to validate their crazy thoughts?

Pretend all you want but he was a right wing radio follower and even stayed at the house of a right wing radio guy as a guest.

OK but does that necessarily lead to violence? And if we are to be sympathetic to the islamic terrorist that did 911 because of the policies of the government shouldn't their be some sympathies directed towards Timothy McVeigh? YOu won't unless you can use that to destroy your political opponents which is the real motive behind this.

This is (essentially) the same argument folks make when they claim rap music and violent video games promote violent kids.

NOPE, he was a right wing gun nut who saw Waco as an attack on gun people.

He hated government and taxes.

He was right wing and there is no denying it.

These hate groups whip people into a frenzy and the nutters use them to justify their insane ideas.

QUIT helping them justify their insanity by living on lies.

So, you're basically saying that all different kinds of people are crazy and not representative of the entire group? ...and that crazy people will often look anywhere they can to validate their crazy thoughts?

I'm saying that the folks who are crazy, and use politics to justify violence now have new allies in the folks that are crazy and use race to justify violence.

These guys don't represent the Right for the most part any more than the loonies during Nixon's era represented the Left. I just think that with Obama in the White House they've gotten extra crazy and extra dangerous.

Does that make sense?

Nope, merely pointing out, albeit indirectly, how some liberals here will inevitably use this as de-facto proof that anyone who leans slighty right of center is a wacko, cop-killing racist who needs to be locked up.

Why do we say that people who have opinions that are in the minority are capable of terrorist acts? Just as many people are capable of committing terrorist acts who have opinions in the middle, right, or left. Why do isolate them as 'extremist' and people capable of doing evil.

There are some legitimate complaints, they are overwhelmed by the people who JUST HATE Obama and the left.

They live on a steady diet of lies which add to the nutters justifications for their idiot actions.

These hate groups whip people into a frenzy and the nutters use them to justify their insane ideas.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when a normal person gets all their news from whining leftie sites spinning crap. You lose the capacity to think.

There is a lot of people in Texas who felt the government should have stayed out of it and that the actions of the federal government were unreasonable especially after seeing how many people died in the final fire. The federal government screwed it up and should have handled it better but Janet Reno wanted to 'invade' the compound.

There is a lot of people in Texas who felt the government should have stayed out of it and that the actions of the federal government were unreasonable especially after seeing how many people died in the final fire. The federal government screwed it up and should have handled it better but Janet Reno wanted to 'invade' the compound.

Yes there are and they are wrong.

I'm saying that the folks who are crazy, and use politics to justify violence now have new allies in the folks that are crazy and use race to justify violence.

These guys don't represent the Right for the most part any more than the loonies during Nixon's era represented the Left. I just think that with Obama in the White House they've gotten extra crazy and extra dangerous.

Does that make sense?
I've agreed with you all along, just trying to make a point for some people in this thread.

250% Surge in Rightwing Extremist Groups

why now at this point in time and history????? :eusa_whistle:

I wouldn't be surprised if they included new registrations for the republican party to get this number or people who would not vote for Obama again. That number could easily go up to 250%.

You know why don't you? It's all about racism. Barack Obama is black, which is why the people who oppose him, oppose him.

I don't see anyone making that claim.

Seriously, people on both sides make the most ridiculous claims about racism. I've seen plenty of liberals blame any critisism of Obama on racism - but I've also heard conservatives claim that there is no more racism against blacks in this country.

I would say a majority of people who oppose Obama do so because of political disagreements and not racism. But that does NOT mean that nobody hates Obama because he's black.

This is a problem that I have mostly with the left - crying wolf with the race card - but the result is just as bad - it causes the right to ignore and dismiss any legitimate racism simply by saying "you're just playing the race card". Both are equally disingenuous.

Rush can say anything and R governors can call for secession and they think its just great.

They can call anyone anything and call for arming up and getting angry at census workers and the right just whistles.

People are ALREADY dead because of their inability to act like adults.

Yes there are and they are wrong.

I often wonder if they let the local authorities handle it if it would have turned out better.

So, you would agree that people like Rush Limbaugh should be thrown in jail as an accomplice to the OKC bombing? After all, it seems like you're saying that he directly whipped McVeigh into a frenzy by perpetuating lies, driving him to murder people.

"Already there are signs of … violence emanating from the radical right. Since the installation of Barack Obama, rightwing extremists have murdered six law enforcement officers. Racist skinheads and others have been arrested in alleged plots to assassinate the nation's first black president. One man from Brockton, Massachusetts – who told police he had learned on white supremacist websites that a genocide was under way against whites – is charged with murdering two black people and planning to kill as many Jews as possible on the day after Obama's inauguration. Most recently, a rash of individuals with anti-government, survivalist or racist views have been arrested in a series of bomb cases".

we walk amoung you

Forum List

Back