$250, out the door, why, or why not?

abrere

May 28, 2018
it can have a spare barrel rechambered to take the 1 mm longer 9x18 JB wildcat cartridge, which is just a shortened .38 super case. Using a 50 gr solid aluminum bullet, a big charge of Bullseye powder from Alliant, can safely be driven to 1800 fps in this little 12 oz gun. 350 ft lbs. If the hollowbased, hollowpoint bullet is slit almost end to end, it will break into 2 full length fragments at impact, giving you 2 wound tracks with each hit, each of them having the same shock, penetration and wounding ability as a normal .380 jhp round.

This is all true, because the Kahr has a locked breech, which can handle twice the pressure that's safe in a blowback-actioned 380, like the Beretta, S&W or the Walther PPK. Rest assured that there is a way to get such a small,, lw, thin gun thru a pat-down/frisk, but I'm not going to tell you how to do it. :) This load and gun is considerably more effective on animals than 230 gr .45 ACP jhps from a truly compact gun (ie, 3" barreled Defender). They will achieve only 750 fps, just 260 ft lbs and such a slow jhp wont expand in flesh.

For such a low cost gun, you can have 2. One to practice with, using normal 380 reloads for longevity/durability, so that the wear and fouling of practice does not go onto your actual ccw pistol. Good sights, good trigger pull. I'd prefer a HighStandard Citation military mag release, at the front bottom of the frame, so that I could undercut the trigger guard a lot and, with a PPK like mag extension, then get my pinkie finger on the frame. god knows that if you need a super fast reload, you're going to need a lot more than a pocket pistol (and probably a lot more than any handgun).

• Banned
well, there used to be, name of browning, but he's been dead for a long time, now.

Forum List

Back