24 secret atheist congressmen/women?

AP100909046102.jpg

Why All Of The Atheists In Congress Are Closeted ThinkProgress

Outside of prominent roles in television or the music industry, being elected to national office is often one of the most visible steps a minority group can take to win acceptance in American society. Yet, for the millions of Americans who openly identify as atheist, the goal of political representation currently remains just out of reach: At present, no one in the 113th Congress identifies as an atheist.

But when Maggie Ardiente of the American Humanist Association spoke to Brian Pellot of the Religion News Service earlier this month, she let slip a striking revelation about a potential hidden “atheist caucus” on Capitol Hill.

“We already know of 24 members of Congress who have told us privately that they don’t believe in God, but they won’t come out, of course, and if we tried to out them they would deny it,” Ardiente said.

Bet its true but BFD.

I was told recently that there are more people who do not believe in God - do not serve God in political office both Congress and Senate - than at any other time in History. It makes sense because our nation has never been in worse shape then it is right now. We're going over the cliff here. ( so to speak )

I find it funny that while you right wing religious nuts keep supporting the polluters and denying global warming, you'll say it's us atheists that are destroying the planet. So it will be you theists who do us in but the entire time you will swear it's because we don't believe in god.

In fact, belief in god and heaven is not good for global warming. You idiots don't see us killing ourselves with pollution because the bible says Jesus is coming back. So the facts and science conflict with your fictional narrative.

So you don't care about the earth because you're just buying time till you go to heaven. This is hell in your eyes, not heaven. You don't care about the here and now. Not like we do.

Anyways, the planet will be just fine. It will be humans that disappear. The other animals will be so much happier without us. And what do theists care? They'll be in heaven, right?

AP100909046102.jpg

Outside of prominent roles in television or the music industry, being elected to national office is often one of the most visible steps a minority group can take to win acceptance in American society. Yet, for the millions of Americans who openly identify as atheist, the goal of political representation currently remains just out of reach: At present, no one in the 113th Congress identifies as an atheist.

But when Maggie Ardiente of the American Humanist Association spoke to Brian Pellot of the Religion News Service earlier this month, she let slip a striking revelation about a potential hidden “atheist caucus” on Capitol Hill.

“We already know of 24 members of Congress who have told us privately that they don’t believe in God, but they won’t come out, of course, and if we tried to out them they would deny it,” Ardiente said.

Bet its true but BFD.

I was told recently that there are more people who do not believe in God - do not serve God in political office both Congress and Senate - than at any other time in History. It makes sense because our nation has never been in worse shape then it is right now. We're going over the cliff here. ( so to speak )

Who do the Republicans worship?
Ayn Rand - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

while in high school, she determined that she was an atheist and that she valued reason above any other human virtue.

This is what fascinates me about the marriage between the religious gop and the capitalist gop. They don't jive. Jesus said feed the poor but the GOP say FUCK THE POOR and Jesus said heal the sick and the GOP say not if you don't have insurance bitch!

I care very much about the earth and taking care of it. I would not now throw a piece of paper on the ground or out the window of a car. Would you? Have you thrown things out your window before? Do you realize that by not dispensing of garbage properly you are adding to the problem?

I believe the weather is changing dramatically and will continue to increase in this way in the future because the Lord Jesus says that it will. Read Matthew 24. As for my blaming you or any atheist for destroying the planet I do not believe I have even once ever made such a statement about an atheist in my entire life. As sure as the LORD lives if I have I do not recollect having ever said such a thing.

I do not want you to go to hell. I want you to go to heaven. The planet is not going to be just fine and neither are the humans who reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and reject living for him in obedience to the bible - but I can assure you that humans are not going to disappear from the earth - as in extinction. There is great suffering just up ahead in the future now. Perilous times are coming. What shall you do then?

The animal life will not go on without us. You have been given bad information the bible teaches no such thing. Mankind shall be here and the animals shall be here and the two shall both be here until the end. Yes, the bible does confirm this.

I hope I have answered your questions sufficiently and of course I do not advocate polluting our planet but neither do I advocate communists who have used the EPA to give more rights to the sucker fish than human beings, even children - when distributing such necessities as water. Common sense should prevail here.

On that note as Darwin is the spiritual father of communism it is understandable that they would desire to put the needs of men, women and children behind the needs of a small fish. It is moral insanity but of course those who deny God and the fact that God created man in His own Image and in His own likeness ( not in the likeness of an ape ) and is the apex of Gods creation - are not capable of making right decisions when it comes to saving the lives of humans.

On a side note Darwin was led to Jesus Christ by A woman evangelist by the last name of "Hope" and she witnessed his sorrow over having taught others the lie of evolution. It is a conversion that is questioned to this very day by atheists who do not like the idea of Darwin having come to Christ on his death bed but he did ask Lady Hope to have a christian gathering / meeting outside of his window where he could hear.

As this woman was a born again Christian and evangelist and said she did share Christ with Darwin and how he became troubled upon the reading of creation in Genesis I believe her testimony.

Why would a born again Christian woman - an evangelist even - lie about such a thing? Liars cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. She had nothing to gain by saying such a thing if it were not true. If she believed she had witnessed Darwin's conversion then indeed she did witness it.

The testimony or account concerning the matter of Lady Hope and Darwin has been written about in at least one book and of course it has been a subject of controversy but I believe he was converted.

Imagine the horror of those followers of Darwin - finding themselves in hell only to learn Lady Hope did indeed convert him and that he resides in heaven while they now reside in hell? Oh what an awful realization. I pray you listen and give your life to Jesus Christ while you still are able. Truly I do, Sealy.

AP100909046102.jpg

Bet its true but BFD.

It's good that at least 24 and maybe more are rational non magical thinkers

I'm sure it is true.

I hope it is true. I can't imagine our country in the hands of religious zelots. People who actually take the bible literally.

I bet even most of the people who call themselves christians don't really take the adam, moses or noah stories literally and if that is true, how can they possibly believe jesus was born of a virgin, impregnated by god, performed miracles and rose from the dead after 3 days. I would suggest most people who call themselves Christians aren't really. For example, are all non christians going to hell? If you say no then you are not really a christian because you are denying that he said only through him can you go to heaven.

Now you can put whatever spin or twist you want on that, but fact is true christians think all non christians are going to hell. That's where you draw the line. If you don't believe that then you are a christian light.

I have asked here, and I sometimes want to ask if christians take bible myths literally. I'm always surprised that some say they do.

That's okay. People can believe whatever they need to believe but, I'm of the naive belief that we should hold our elected officials to a much higher standard.

And I've listened to elected legislators say really incredible nonsense and thought they saying those things to get votes.

Bottom line is that politicians still don't dare admit they think the bible is hooey.

This is the absolute truth. Imagine someone running for any office coming out and saying: "I, ladies and gentleman, am an atheist. I do not believe in any form of god. I respect all of you who do believe in a god or gods. I just think you're all out to lunch. Thank you, I'll see y'all at the polls." :D

On a side note Darwin was led to Jesus Christ by A woman evangelist by the last name of "Hope" and she witnessed his sorrow over having taught others the lie of evolution. It is a conversion that is questioned to this very day by atheists who do not like the idea of Darwin having come to Christ on his death bed but he did ask Lady Hope to have a christian gathering / meeting outside of his window where he could hear.

As this woman was a born again Christian and evangelist and said she did share Christ with Darwin and how he became troubled upon the reading of creation in Genesis I believe her testimony.

Why would a born again Christian woman - an evangelist even - lie about such a thing? Liars cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. She had nothing to gain by saying such a thing if it were not true. If she believed she had witnessed Darwin's conversion then indeed she did witness it.

The testimony or account concerning the matter of Lady Hope and Darwin has been written about in at least one book and of course it has been a subject of controversy but I believe he was converted.

Imagine the horror of those followers of Darwin - finding themselves in hell only to learn Lady Hope did indeed convert him and that he resides in heaven while they now reside in hell? Oh what an awful realization. I pray you listen and give your life to Jesus Christ while you still are able. Truly I do, Sealy.
As that woman was a "born again Christian" and an evangelist, we know she is a liar. They all lie. Darwin's daughter Henrietta debunked her lie by pointing out that Darwin never ever had any contact with the lying Lady Hope and Darwin never recanted. Henrietta said the story was fabricated in the USA. But once "born again liars" latch onto a lie they never let go.

Forum List

Back