24% Say Democrats Should Pass Health Care Reform Without GOP Votes

I keep asking this and can't seem to get an answer. What is Obama waiting for? He doesn't need republican support. Could it be a few dems won't support it?

no. it's that he has this warped idea that he can play nice with schoolyard bullies and be "bi-partisan". I used to think so, too.

i think it's time he dissuades himself of that fallacy.

I don't think it's anything as altruistic as you describe.

It's nothing more than political cover-your-ass.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
gop-public-plan.jpg

"Yes, we know that you are a nice man, that you want to work with the opposite side of the aisle. But there comes a time when you need to drop that and move forward. We're saying to you, 'Be tough. Use everything that you've got. Do what you have to do. And we have your back.'"
-- Maxine Waters, trying to shake Obama out of his naive fog, Link
look up HR3400 if you think the GOP doesnt have an alternative plan
but it figures leftwingnuts will still continue to say there isnt one

Please post a link to HR 3400; the bill, not the talking points.
its been postewd on here several time
pymlico_pilgram even made a thread on it
but if you give me some time i'll look it up one more time

Obama turned the health care over to Pelosi and Reid. He got what he got. Now he needs to say, "Whoa, we need to reevaluate or we need to back it, in spite of the majority of citizens." His call and votes will follow with the decisions reached by Congress. It's what leaders do, when they've fucked up.

If Democrats agree on a health care reform bill that is opposed by all Republicans in Congress, 24% of voters nationwide say the Democrats should pass that bill.

But a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 58% believe the Democrats should change the bill to win support from "a reasonable number of Republicans." Nineteen percent (19%) are not sure what congressional Democrats should do.

Republican voters overwhelmingly think the bill should be changed, and so do 62% of those not affiliated with either major political party.

However, Democrats are more conflicted. Forty-one percent (41%) of those in the president’s party believe their legislators should pass the bill without any GOP votes, while 34% disagree and think the legislation should be changed to attract Republican support.

Most liberal voters (52%) say that Democrats should pass the legislation without the Republicans. Most moderates (55%) disagree.

In its question, Rasmussen Reports did not quantify what constitutes "a reasonable number" of Republican votes.

24% Say Democrats Should Pass Health Care Reform Without GOP Votes - Rasmussen Reports™

It can't pass because democrats are stopping it.
blue dog democrats hold up health care reform - Google Search
The reason they are stopping it is because they want to get re-elected. their constituents don't want it.

I think the OP needs a little more critical thinking attached to it...

24% want the bill passed without Republican support. OK

That means that 76% want a bill that at least a handful of Republicans support or are unsure one way or the other.

I may disagree with many of Obama's policies, but the man ain't stupid. 76% want bipartisan support. If he wants to keep his approval ratings on the sunny side of the divide and have a shot at re-election.

Obama wants political cover. Plain and simple. Can't blame the man either. It's only smart politics.

Last edited:

That means that 66% want a bill that at least a handful of Republicans support or are unsure one way or the other.

I may disagree with many of Obama's policies, but the man ain't stupid. 66% want bipartisan support. If he wants to keep his approval ratings on the sunny side of the divide and have a shot at re-election.

Obama wants political cover. Plain and simple. Can't blame the man either. It's only smart politics.
correction 76%
:D

If Democrats agree on a health care reform bill that is opposed by all Republicans in Congress, 24% of voters nationwide say the Democrats should pass that bill.

But a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 58% believe the Democrats should change the bill to win support from "a reasonable number of Republicans." Nineteen percent (19%) are not sure what congressional Democrats should do.

Republican voters overwhelmingly think the bill should be changed, and so do 62% of those not affiliated with either major political party.

However, Democrats are more conflicted. Forty-one percent (41%) of those in the president’s party believe their legislators should pass the bill without any GOP votes, while 34% disagree and think the legislation should be changed to attract Republican support.

Most liberal voters (52%) say that Democrats should pass the legislation without the Republicans. Most moderates (55%) disagree.

In its question, Rasmussen Reports did not quantify what constitutes "a reasonable number" of Republican votes.

24% Say Democrats Should Pass Health Care Reform Without GOP Votes - Rasmussen Reports™

Why of course Rasmussen feels this way.

That means that 66% want a bill that at least a handful of Republicans support or are unsure one way or the other.

I may disagree with many of Obama's policies, but the man ain't stupid. 66% want bipartisan support. If he wants to keep his approval ratings on the sunny side of the divide and have a shot at re-election.

correction 76%
:D

Yer right. My bad.

just keep proving what a stuid moron you are
the more you do it, the more everyone can laugh at you

The GOP "plan" consist of reducing coverage to the lowest common denominator and removing the ability to patients to file sue if they're harmed by medical malpractice.

The GOP "plan" consist of reducing coverage to the lowest common denominator and removing the ability to patients to file sue if they're harmed by medical malpractice.
more leftwingnut lies

more leftwingnut lies

Where was the lie?
The GOP wants to allow insurance purchase across state lines: Fact.
The GOP wants to place strict caps which effectively eliminate malpractice suits: Fact.

more leftwingnut lies

Where was the lie?
The GOP wants to place strict caps which effectively eliminate malpractice suits: Fact.
and both of those are good things
but thats not ALL it is
so you LIED

just keep proving what a stuid moron you are
the more you do it, the more everyone can laugh at you

Ah, lost-in-the-numbers-con, can't you do any better than that? That 24% will continue to grow as the conservative wing of the GOP keeps its collective head stuck its butt.

more leftwingnut lies

Where was the lie?
but thats not ALL it is
so you LIED

Con, you are rightwing drivel here. Go read the bill, please, and shut up until you know what you are talking about.

Where was the lie?
but thats not ALL it is
so you LIED

Con, you are rightwing drivel here. Go read the bill, please, and shut up until you know what you are talking about.
no, you shut the fuck up you ignorant moron

Look...Bottom line....Republicans won't vote for any healthcare plan.....PERIOD

If they wanted healthcare, they had eight years to put in their version of healthcare. They decided to do nothing.

Screw them and pass what you think is right

Do you people really listen to yourselves. You should be able to figure out you don't have much of a leg to stand on the best rebuttal you can muster basically amounts to the guy before us was bad so that means we're good.

I think it would be great for the Dems to ignore all the polls. Indeedy. Pass it with reconciliation. Not only will it make Palin a non-issue, it may elect her to President. Something both I and the left wouldn't want. Inadvertent consequences.

Forum List

Back